+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to get caught up

Where to get caught up

Hello all. Just getting back to playing after taking off since the end of June. Could anyone help me out on where/how to get caught up to be able to raid the new content (gems, where to get gear, enchants etc...)?

Thanks

The World of Warcraft Armory

Work on regeming with epic gems if you can. You're basically ready to start heading into Ulduar (25) or Trial of the Crusader (10) and Onyxia (10). Could replace your alchemy trinket with the tanking trinket from the normal Trial of the Champion dungeon.

All of your gemming and enchants seem pretty good, the only few things I would change is change your gem in your shoulders to stamina, shoulder enchant to Greater Inscription of the Gladiator - Item - World of Warcraft, and glove enchant to Glove Reinforcements - Item - World of Warcraft. Getting epic gems wouldn't hurt either. An easy upgrade you can get is the Black Heart from regular ToC.

New raid content hits much harder than previously, I recommend taking 2 points out of cruelty, take away Glyph of Cleave and with those open spots get Improved Disciplines and Glyph of Shieldwall. Glyph of Devastate will also produce much more threat than Glyph of Heroic Strike.

Awesome, thanks for the help guys.

I had come up with this spec to use too when I get back on tomorrow (including glyphs).

Would this work?

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

I was also wondering if upgrades would come so fast that I should hold off from getting epic gems yet. Are there any pieces I should do first that will last me awhile, or should I just bite the bullet and fully convert?

That would be a great spec to use, probably the best overall for all situations. When it comes to which pieces to put epic gems in first make sure you do the ones that can be easily replaced with conquest or 5 man ToC gear like your chest piece last. A good place to start is your belt and legs.

Awesome. Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread