+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: PowerAuras Tutorial

i just got the trinket Apparatus of K (however you spell it)...and i'm a total damn noob so i don't know how to set this up on Power aura....

Urg read the first post of the thread. It has pretty pictures....

Type /powa, click new, put buff in the activation by drop down menu. Replace the ??? in the text box below it with Titanic Power then in the text box to the right of that where it says stacks put =5, check the "use own texture buff, and then postion and size up the image yourself with x/y and size sliders up above. Now you have an aura telling you its full stacked.

Seems like a good tutorial.
    Though, I have one problem with setting my AddOn up as I'd like to.
    I can't make a text appear on my screen, when the spell is active.
    What I mean is; I am a tankadin, and to time my defensive CDs properly, it's good to know when the previously used CD is ending. Therefore, I'd like a text on my screen (Text Aura) that says "20% dmg reduction" whilst Divine Protection is active, "50% dmg reduction" whilst Guardian of Ancient Kings is active, etc.
    I can't make this work.
    Any help???

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    EDIT:
    Every spell but Guardian of Ancient Kings now work. Any solutions to that particular spell?
    Last edited by Jessicasky; 10-29-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicasky View Post
    Every spell but Guardian of Ancient Kings now work. Any solutions to that particular spell?
    I'm guessing this is because Guardian of Ancient Kings actually applies one of three different buffs depending on your specialization.

So instead of making the aura for the buff name 'Guardian of Ancient Kings,' use the specific buff name that you get when you use the ability in prot spec. Wowhead suggests it is called Ancient Guardian ( http://www.wowhead.com/spell=86657 ) but try it out in game to make sure.

I'm having trouble with a trinket. I have Scales of Life, which stores health to use as a heal. I'd like to have the visual effect to come up when I hit the max health stored, but it's not a stacking buff, it just changes as I get healed more. Is there any way for that to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Faerrun View Post
    I'm having trouble with a trinket. I have Scales of Life, which stores health to use as a heal. I'd like to have the visual effect to come up when I hit the max health stored, but it's not a stacking buff, it just changes as I get healed more. Is there any way for that to work?
    Yes, if you set up an effect for the buff (Weight of a Feather), there's a text box just above the 'cast by me' checkbox that is described as 'Also check the tooltip contains this text.' In that box put 17095 (or 19283 if you have the heroic version). This way it will activate only when the stored heal is at a maximum.

From a Wowhead comment by Hass, see this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtH81o6R4Jk&hd=1
    That example shows how to set it up so that it shows the effect both when the trinket is usable and is at the maximum.

That works perfectly, thanks a lot!

Guys anyone know what "activated by" i should use for shield wall ...ive tryed buff but that doesnt work

+ Reply to Thread