+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: PowerAuras Tutorial

ok..less vague.. The icon does not change when i change my power word from chastise to serenity. i dont want all of her UI.. i just want the power aura.. and your saying i can copy her settings?

Question... I've been looking for a while now and I can't seem to find a simple answer / solution for this. I'm trying to get my Power Auras to notify me when my current target has the weakened soul debuff. This may be stupid simple and I may be an idiot but I can't find it and I can't get it to work on my own! Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a question also, I saw my friend with Power Aura and he had bob-ombs (the ones from super mario) as combo points for his rogue. I was wondering if anyone knew how he got that. I appreciate any help.

@killashandra

Yes - the file you want will be under something like WTF\Account\<YOUR ACCOUNT>\<YOUR SERVER>\SavedVariables\PowerAuras.lua and WTF\Account\<YOUR ACCOUNT>\SavedVariables\PowerAuras.lua (EDIT: whoops, it does both) in the download file, just copy them into your corresponding directories.

I don't have a character with a multi-state ability personally but I believe I read something about it having to be on your action bars.

@Eureeka

Set "Activation By" to debuff and enter "Weakened Soul" into the box below. Make sure Raid/Party or Self is ticked. It won't work in a city unless you remove the cross from Resting.

@Jizzwizard

Texture number 76. PowerAuras will let you import custom textures, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eureeka View Post
    Question... I've been looking for a while now and I can't seem to find a simple answer / solution for this. I'm trying to get my Power Auras to notify me when my current target has the weakened soul debuff. This may be stupid simple and I may be an idiot but I can't find it and I can't get it to work on my own! Thanks in advance for any help.
    Iport the following string, should work.
    Version:4.5; buffname:Weakened Soul; customname:Weakened Soul; bufftype:2; raid:true; owntex:true; groupOrSelf:true; party:true; targetfriend:true; timer.enabled:true

I'm trying to set up Power Auras to show important spells off cooldown like you, but when I ctrl-click the event I make it tells me that it can not find the spell on my action bars.

I currently use bartender, is it so that Power Auras are not compatible with bartender or am I doing something wrong?

Are you using the newest version of each addon?

Yes, newest version of each addon. Updated latest today.

Which spells do you want to show for being off cooldown?

Version:4.5; b:0; g:0.0314; icon:Spell_Holy_CrusaderStrike; buffname:Crusader Strike; x:-84; bufftype:15; alpha:1; owntex:true; combat:true; size:0.2; y:-179; inverse:true; finish:0; timer.enabled:true; timer.Relative:BOTTOM; timer.x:-8; timer.UseOwnColor:true
    This is a string that shows my crusader strike cooldown remaining. Try changing the buffname from Crusader Strike to whatever you need.

Prayer of Mending, Circle of Healing, Lightwell and Shadowfiend. I'll try changing the strings like you said, but I read somewhere that you had to have the spell on the bar and when it can't detect the spell on the bar it would be a problem.

Will this be bypassed if I edit the string like that?

If it requires the spell to be on your action bar, then the spell will need to be on the action bar.

Try deactivating bartender, placing the spells on your action bar, and then logging out and reactivating bartender. Try it then.

Now this is pretty funny. I tried turning bartender off, logging back on, logging off and turning bartender on again.
    Now it says "Should show because action ready".

Earlier when it didn't work and I pressed test, the icon showed. Now the icon does not show even when I press the test button, so now according to Power Auras it is working, but the icon ain't showing regardless.

I got it working now! Just had to check "Use own texture" and relogg. Thanks for all the help, thumbs up!

newb question

Really looks nice, but I can't seem to see how to assign icons for each spell. default is ? but how do you change it?

If you mean spells coming off CD then that's exactly the same issue as I had. Just check "Use Own Texture" and reload ui/relogg.

PowerAuras Tutorial

Is there anyway to get it to show when you do not have rend on your target

Quote Originally Posted by Texan81 View Post
    Is there anyway to get it to show when you do not have rend on your target
    Under 'Activation by:' choose 'Debuff.' Type 'Rend' into the box below.

Check 'Invert' (so it will show when the debuff Rend is missing), 'Cast by me,' 'Enemy target,' and probably 'In Combat' too.

PowerAuras Tutorial

Thankyou invert is what I was missing

well Thanks alot for this guide..i wonder can power auras be setup to show if the target gains some specific buff ( chosen by me )
    as a warrior i'd like to know if a dk pops lichborne or icebound fortitude
    also if it can shows some aura if i am targetting a rogue whose ( unheeded warning ) trinket has procced the (unheeded Carnage )
    Last edited by Rusco; 06-17-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Yes.
    Creat a new power aura, Select theActivation by buff, enter the name of the buff you want to be alerted too, so Heedless Carnage if watching for unheeded warning procs, and check the Enemey Target tick box. Rinse and repeat for each enemy buff you want to be aware of.

+ Reply to Thread