+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: PowerAuras Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Fej View Post
    Ok, I'm kinda dense sometimes, and after I change specs I forget to set my presence and I run around without one. I'd like POWA to pop up a big icon or something to remind me that I need to set one. So I only want it to show if I am not in any stance. For the life of me I can't figure out how to make that happen.

I tried use buff with the word 'presence' and show when not active checked. I tried to use stance and not set anything. But I can't make that work. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    It sounds like you're doing the right sort of thing so I'm not sure why it isn't working. Maybe you are testing it in a city and have it set up to not show when you're resting?
    Perhaps you could try to get a warning working for not being in a specific presence first. Once that's working, then extend it to not being in any presence.

I don't have a DK with dual spec to test being without a presence (and dying no longer removes your presence, it seems), but I did some quick playing around with triggers for not being in a specific presence.

Using the Stance option seemed to work, with "Humanoid" being the no presence option, e.g. here.

Using the Buff option also seemed to work (for a specific presence being present or absent, or using 'presence' for any of them as you mentioned).
    If you are a Draenei, though, remember that you'll always have Heroic Presence up, which will give you a false positive using only 'Presence' as the trigger.

If you want to use the Buff option and you play a Draenei, you'll need to be slightly fancy and use a multiple condition trigger explained in the wiki here. Basically you set up two separate warnings, one for missing Frost Presence and one for Unholy Presence (something like this). Then make a warning for missing Blood Presence, and add in the Aura ID number of the Frost and Unholy Presence warnings, as shown here in the red box. The Aura ID is usually the position of the warning in your personal list (green box in the last image).
    This way the modified Blood Presence warning will only show up if you are also lacking Frost and Unholy Presence as well.

To stop the Frost and Unholy Presence warnings showing up on their own all the time, you usually disable these from displaying by shift+left clicking them. This won't stop the multiple condition checking of your modified Blood Presence warning, so there are no downsides.

Aliena, thing is.. When i try to write /powa, nothing happens except that message "Type '/help' for a listing of a few commands."

I've tried to write all sorts of things i can come up with aswell.

And yes, I've put the Power Auras in the WoWInterface Addon location.. But ye, still doesn't work... Any suggestions?

It's not going into the proper location in your addons folder obviously. Check into your actual world of warcraft > interface > addons folder. Make sure there is a folder that says PowerAuras. If that is in there, make sure all the files are in that PowerAuras folder. If that is still going on, make sure that "Use out of date addons" is selected in your in-game addons menu(character selection screen).

If that still doesn't work, erase it, download manually, put it in the folder yourself. Repeat all steps above.

If that also finally doesn't work, pose a question on the interface forums on the interface websites, curse/wowinterface/wowforums.

Hello and thanks again for the tutorial. I would like to know if there is a way to do an alert when a party member casts something without having to put them in focus or having to set the unitname. eg instead of doin a raid warning for last stand the healer can have an aura alert setup for when i cast it. ive tried checking the party member or raid member options but that doesn't seem to work

grrrr i new i shouldnt have updated powerauras. now its not working right. for some reason they took out the show when not active option.

arg, i jsut cant find the way to get it to show me when battleshout is not in use and to go away when it is in use. anyone got any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Glaciersoul
    Hello and thanks again for the tutorial. I would like to know if there is a way to do an alert when a party member casts something without having to put them in focus or having to set the unitname. eg instead of doin a raid warning for last stand the healer can have an aura alert setup for when i cast it. ive tried checking the party member or raid member options but that doesn't seem to work
    I don't think it can do this sorry, there is a 'spell alert' option but, as you mentioned, this only works if the caster is your current or focus target.

Alternatively, a mod like Grid can be configured to show when Last Stand etc. is on a target, at least.

Or you could try Deadly Boss Mods Spell Timers, from the DBM page here (couldn't find it on Curse or Wowinterface). You have to add most spells manually (by looking up their ID number in Wowhead, and putting in the duration yourself), but it creates DBM style bars for spells like Last Stand and includes the person that cast it. You can do a similar thing for the cooldown duration so you know when it'll be up again.

Quote Originally Posted by guinnesshero View Post
    grrrr i new i shouldnt have updated powerauras. now its not working right. for some reason they took out the show when not active option.
    The 'Invert' option should do this. I've also found some of the newer (beta) versions a bit buggy, but they are being actively worked on so should improve. You can also download an older version from the same sites.

Quote Originally Posted by kingymech
    arg, i jsut cant find the way to get it to show me when battleshout is not in use and to go away when it is in use. anyone got any tips?
    Here's what mine looks like, hope it helps.

cool thanks

Hey thanks for great tutorial, just one question , can I setup one event to track my spell cd?
    an example, I use my taunt ability, its on cd, I got taunt picture next to my body, that means I used it and its on cd but I would like to track that cd aswell, of course if its possible?

Thanks

Thank you for this guide.
    Helps out a lot now I am not intimidated by PowerAura.
    Oh yeah, PowerAura renamed "Show When Not Active" to Invert.

I was staring at the screen shot...looks different.
    Last edited by penpen002; 12-30-2009 at 05:48 PM.

ToT?

Am I completely missing a TargetofTarget option or is there no way to do it yet in powa?
    - 03giant

I love this addon sooooo much! As a fury warrior I needed a good mod to notify me when to slam, out of all the ones I have ever used... this is the best. Plus I can use it for other things like telling me when I need to re-cast battle shout. At first I was confused on how to work it but once I played around with it the addon was actually pretty easy to set up. Anyways, thanks!

Rogue-specific question

I've been playing around with Aliena's UI all afternoon and finally managed to figure out how to make it work with my settings, now I'm getting into the details.

I play a rogue and I thought it might be nice to have an aura up for when I have poisons on my daggers because I often forget to reapply them and having an (absent) visual reminder when they expire would be a very cool thing.

I'm making the aura in 'weapon enchants' because that's what it is, but I can't get it to show up. I don't think it's a buff but I tried that too and it wasn't working. Can anyone tell me what I should be writing/what I'm doing wrong? I also plan to do one for when Cold Blood is available.

Thanks in advance!
    "I feast upon the glorious way in which you do not look at me. No one else doesn't look at me in quite the same way that you do."

Ok, I have power aura's for awhile and love the addon. I have the buff's all setup, but one thing I am having problems on is getting my Guardian Spirit cd to work how i want it to. I choose the "My Spell Cooldown" option, checked the "Display only Depends on Cooldown" so i wouldn't see anything unless I used it. While the timer portion does that, the icon for it is popped up when it's not on cd and is really annoying. I'm not sure why the two are separate and I've tried the "action usable" for activation by, but doesn't change anything :-(
    If someone can help me out w/ it I'd really appreciate it :-)

Yay! A tutorial! Thank you, Aliena, for the PA tut. Now to try and make Pitbull 3.0 (4.0 isn't AS customizable as 3.0, but option disappear if I accidentally uncheck enable) and Skinner behave.
    "They say that the best blaze brightest when circumstances are at their worse."

ok how can i use this to show my diseases on the target. I want to use it for my unholy tank spec to show what plagues i have on the enemy.
    Figured it out.
    key: debuff
    check enemy target
    Last edited by Swam; 01-21-2010 at 11:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler View Post
    I'm on a shark

Hi! thanks for the guide, helps a lot!!

there is a way to show a notification when some buff procc and another notification when its about 2 seconds to the buff gone?

thx!

I'm having issues getting the warrior T10 4pc bonus to show using PA.

Anyone have any suggestions on the proper way to set it up to show normal bloodsurge proc's and the 4pc proc's?

Edit 2..

I was using a older version, the new version have a funtion where you can control+click to see why it dosnt show a "string".
    So problem solved!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey hope someone can help with a little problem.

As a disc prist i would like to know when my spells are ready.
    So i made some string to this addon, but for some reason only 2 of them works...

Penance (off cooldown)
    gcd:bofalse; b:nu0.93725490196078; anim1:nu1; g:nu1; optunitn:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; stacksLower:nu0; target:bofalse; icon:stInterface\Icons\Spell_Holy_Penance; size:nu0.15999999642372; torsion:nu1; r:nu0.94901960784314; y:nu-115; x:nu-151; customname:st; groupany:bofalse; isAlive:botrue; timerduration:nu0; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; bufftype:nu7; stacks:nu0; focus:bofalse; raid:bofalse; texture:nu1; alpha:nu1; aurastext:st; symetrie:nu0; soundfile:st; owntex:botrue; isResting:nu0; duration:nu0; mine:bofalse; multiids:st; inVehicle:bofalse; speed:nu2; sound:nu0; stacksOperator:st=; realaura:nu1; threshold:nu50; exact:bofalse; textaura:bofalse; stance:nu10; InactiveDueToState:botrue; wowtex:bofalse; groupOrSelf:bofalse; customsound:st; combat:botrue; party:bofalse; inParty:nu0; id:nu6; aurastextfont:nu1; HideRequest:bofalse; Active:bofalse; anim2:nu0; customtex:bofalse; tooltipCheck:st; isSecondary:bofalse; thresholdinvert:bofalse; spec2:botrue; inRaid:nu0; spec1:botrue; Showing:bofalse; beginSpin:bofalse; buffname:stPenance; begin:nu6; off:bofalse; texmode:nu1; inverse:bofalse; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; randomcolor:bofalse; finish:nu1

Divine hymn (off cooldown)
    gcd:bofalse; b:nu1; anim1:nu4; g:nu1; optunitn:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; stacksLower:nu0; target:bofalse; icon:stInterface\Icons\Spell_Holy_DivineHymn; size:nu0.15999999642372; torsion:nu1; r:nu1; y:nu-72; x:nu107; customname:st; groupany:bofalse; isAlive:botrue; timerduration:nu0; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; bufftype:nu7; stacks:nu0; focus:bofalse; raid:bofalse; texture:nu1; slot:nu16; DurationExpired:bofalse; alpha:nu1; aurastext:st; symetrie:nu0; soundfile:st; owntex:botrue; isResting:nu0; duration:nu0; mine:bofalse; multiids:st; inVehicle:bofalse; speed:nu2; sound:nu0; TimeShown:nu0; stacksOperator:st=; realaura:nu1; threshold:nu50; exact:bofalse; stance:nu10; textaura:bofalse; InactiveDueToState:botrue; wowtex:bofalse; groupOrSelf:bofalse; customsound:st; combat:botrue; party:bofalse; inParty:nu0; id:nu5; aurastextfont:nu1; HideRequest:bofalse; Active:bofalse; anim2:nu0; customtex:bofalse; tooltipCheck:st; isSecondary:bofalse; thresholdinvert:bofalse; spec2:botrue; inRaid:nu0; spec1:botrue; Showing:bofalse; beginSpin:bofalse; buffname:stDivine Hymn; begin:nu6; off:bofalse; texmode:nu1; inverse:bofalse; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; randomcolor:bofalse; finish:nu0

PoM (Off cooldown)
    gcd:bofalse; b:nu1; anim1:nu1; g:nu1; optunitn:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; stacksLower:nu0; target:bofalse; icon:stInterface\Icons\Spell_Holy_PrayerOfMendingt ga; size:nu0.15999999642372; torsion:nu1; r:nu1; y:nu-115; x:nu-110; customname:st; groupany:bofalse; isAlive:botrue; timerduration:nu0; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; bufftype:nu7; stacks:nu0; focus:bofalse; raid:bofalse; texture:nu1; alpha:nu1; aurastext:st; symetrie:nu0; soundfile:st; owntex:botrue; isResting:nu0; duration:nu0; mine:bofalse; multiids:st; inVehicle:bofalse; speed:nu2; sound:nu0; stacksOperator:st=; realaura:nu1; threshold:nu50; exact:bofalse; textaura:bofalse; stance:nu10; InactiveDueToState:botrue; wowtex:bofalse; groupOrSelf:bofalse; customsound:st; combat:botrue; party:bofalse; inParty:nu0; id:nu4; aurastextfont:nu1; HideRequest:bofalse; Active:bofalse; anim2:nu0; customtex:bofalse; tooltipCheck:st; isSecondary:bofalse; thresholdinvert:bofalse; spec2:botrue; inRaid:nu0; spec1:botrue; Showing:bofalse; beginSpin:bofalse; buffname:stPrayer of Mending; begin:nu6; off:bofalse; texmode:nu1; inverse:bofalse; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; randomcolor:bofalse; finish:nu1

Pain suppresion ( off cooldown )
    gcd:bofalse; b:nu1; anim1:nu4; g:nu1; optunitn:bofalse; ignoremaj:bofalse; stacksLower:nu0; target:bofalse; icon:stInterface\Icons\Spell_Holy_PainSupression; size:nu0.15999999642372; torsion:nu1; r:nu1; y:nu-71; x:nu-111; customname:st; groupany:bofalse; isAlive:botrue; timerduration:nu0; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; bufftype:nu7; stacks:nu0; focus:bofalse; raid:bofalse; texture:nu1; alpha:nu1; aurastext:st; symetrie:nu0; soundfile:st; owntex:botrue; isResting:nu0; duration:nu0; mine:bofalse; multiids:st; inVehicle:bofalse; speed:nu2; sound:nu0; stacksOperator:st=; realaura:nu1; threshold:nu50; exact:botrue; textaura:bofalse; stance:nu10; InactiveDueToState:botrue; wowtex:bofalse; groupOrSelf:bofalse; customsound:st; combat:botrue; party:bofalse; inParty:nu0; id:nu3; aurastextfont:nu1; HideRequest:bofalse; Active:bofalse; anim2:nu0; customtex:bofalse; tooltipCheck:st; isSecondary:bofalse; thresholdinvert:bofalse; spec2:botrue; inRaid:nu0; spec1:botrue; Showing:bofalse;
    beginSpin:bofalse; buffname:stPain Suppression; begin:nu6; off:bofalse; texmode:nu1; inverse:bofalse; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; randomcolor:bofalse; finish:nu1

also made one for borrowed time, but that is just a buff and its working fine, but for some reason only divine hymn works, but rest dont...
    Help is needed..

Got Pain suppresion to work for some reason
    Last edited by Mizariz; 03-31-2010 at 09:18 AM. Reason: solved

Nice guide! I've had PowerAuras installed for a while but haven't spent much time exploring the many options to see what they do. This is a big help and a good start on using the addon.

+ Reply to Thread