+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: PowerAuras Tutorial

Powerauras also has importable strings.
    I have compiled a list of various importable strings that can be found here:

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f120/...abilities.html

Nice guide, thank you. A couple of further applications of this amazing mod:

As well as keeping track of your own buffs, debuffs, etc. PA can also check your raid group. This is especially good for long term single target buffs like Vigilance or Focus Magic that can be all too easy to forget.
    By checking the 'Raid member,' 'Any' and 'Cast by me' boxes you can display a big icon if no-one in the raid group has, for example, your Vigilance cast on them.

PA can also check your target or focus for crucial debuffs or buffs, to show, for example, if your target lacks your Living Bomb dot (for a fire mage) or your Rend dot (for an arms warrior), or doesn't have five stacks of Sunder Armor and so on.
    Ideally you are keeping track of this anyway, but it can help to have a back up, especially when it's a big obvious reminder flashing in your face.

Hello Aliena and everyone else and thanks for a great guide Aliena! But I still have a problem. Im playing holy paladin and when I saw this vid I thought like: Hmm, would be cool to have it for Sacred Shield, Beacon of Light and Judgements of the Pure (Haste buff) to see when they're not active so I tried to set them up but they wont work, even if I have put only in combat and raid and so on. So please help me! Would be really helpful if you could help me :-) Im gonna put some pics how it looks atm:

Imageshack - wowscrnshot112609083755 Judgement

Imageshack - wowscrnshot112609083759 Sacred Shield

Imageshack - wowscrnshot112609083755 Beacon

So please help and tell me what I did wrong! Thanks

For Nachoz

Hi Nachoz, from your pictures it looks like you have 'Only if in raid' selected.
    Unclick that option so you can test it out when solo, and re-select it later if that's an option you want to keep.

I've been using "POWA" for a few months now and it's absolutely amazing for tracking trinket procs. I can instantly see if "now is a good time to pop my gargoyle" on my DK or on the other side of the coin on my shaman I can see when my stacks of "volatile power" has reached it's maximum potential. although that is a far more complicated aura involving a few different auras to do one thing. it shows me each multiplier (much like a rogue could see their combo points) and then strikes through yo let me know it's at it's full potential. I also use it for low mana and low health warnings. and when my Mana shield has dropped off or when it's low out of combat.

Thanks for the guide Aliena. Been messing with power aura's for a while and this helped me set it up right for my MB proc's and other things on my mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachoz View Post
    Hello Aliena and everyone else and thanks for a great guide Aliena! But I still have a problem. Im playing holy paladin and when I saw this vid I thought like: Hmm, would be cool to have it for Sacred Shield, Beacon of Light and Judgements of the Pure (Haste buff) to see when they're not active so I tried to set them up but they wont work, even if I have put only in combat and raid and so on. So please help me! Would be really helpful if you could help me :-) Im gonna put some pics how it looks atm:

Imageshack - wowscrnshot112609083755 Judgement

Imageshack - wowscrnshot112609083759 Sacred Shield

Imageshack - wowscrnshot112609083755 Beacon

So please help and tell me what I did wrong! Thanks
    You have the "Cast by me" box checked although shield and beacon are effects other people cast on you if I'm not completely out of it, so you'll have to uncheck that box!

can this addon be used to see when a spell can be cast upon a target again...

eg.. these 2....

When your Renew is still active on a target, can you make PowerA tell you when yours has expired and can be recast without wasting mana?

And the same goes for the weakoned soul debuff on a person.... can you get it to pop up an icon when the debuff has worn off the target and so it becomes castable again.

Ask this mainly for when I am running out of fire/etc keeping myself alive, so I can keep track of my tank.
    Hobnob|NE Priest|Disc|EU|Jaedenar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobnob View Post
    can this addon be used to see when a spell can be cast upon a target again...

eg.. these 2....

When your Renew is still active on a target, can you make PowerA tell you when yours has expired and can be recast without wasting mana?

And the same goes for the weakoned soul debuff on a person.... can you get it to pop up an icon when the debuff has worn off the target and so it becomes castable again.

Ask this mainly for when I am running out of fire/etc keeping myself alive, so I can keep track of my tank.
    If you have the person targeted, yes, it can track the weakened soul debuff and your renew (make sure for renew that you have "cast by me" checked or it will treat another priest's renew the same as your own).

But again, it would only be useful if you have the player targeted.

If you want to track those things easily across an entire raid, I'd recommend VuhDo.

In my experience, PowerAuras is best at tracking self-buffs, procs, debuffs you cast on enemy targets, and when you can cast spells that have a long cooldown or are only available conditionally.

cool thanx

Priest Specific question:

Haven't tried PA yet, but it sounds like it looks at the CD rather than actual usage. For example, ProM could come off CD, but it might still be floating around. Do you still need something like ProM Tracker to see how many bounces left? Or it might be a moot point, maybe you just cast it every CD on the tank or whatever...

Still, the concept works for other classes. DP on tankadins gets refreshed, but it could come off CD. You'd need something to see when it's available, and when the buff is down, or just keep track of uptime and mash the button in frustration if you let it fall accidentally...

i just wanna be able to see when weakoned soul is off c/d when i am healing more than 1 tank. etc, so i dont have to keep checking to see if its useable on them again

Ok is there a way to set up certain abilities to work only when soloing?Heres my example. I set it up so that PW:F and innerfire have effects when not active. When im grouped or raiding it stays on all the time becasue in those situations I use prayer of fort not PW:F.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobnob View Post
    i just wanna be able to see when weakoned soul is off c/d when i am healing more than 1 tank. etc, so i dont have to keep checking to see if its useable on them again
    this is better handled by your unit frames than by PA...
    grid, vuh'do, and even Ouf will show the weakened soul "debuff" on each players frame...

Doc.

Quote Originally Posted by guinnesshero View Post
    Ok is there a way to set up certain abilities to work only when soloing?Heres my example. I set it up so that PW:F and innerfire have effects when not active. When im grouped or raiding it stays on all the time becasue in those situations I use prayer of fort not PW:F.
    More recent versions of PA (as linked in this thread a few times already) can let you invert a condition, turning 'Only if in raid' to 'Only if NOT in a raid.' It might still trigger when in a normal group though (can't remember, sorry).

An alternative is to set up the warning for the buff 'Fortitude' rather than the full 'PW:F,' that way both PW:F and the prayer version will satisfy it. The downside is that other abilities (like Ancestral Fortitude) will also satisfy it. But if you only want this reminder out of combat, it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Auben View Post
    More recent versions of PA (as linked in this thread a few times already) can let you invert a condition, turning 'Only if in raid' to 'Only if NOT in a raid.' It might still trigger when in a normal group though (can't remember, sorry).

An alternative is to set up the warning for the buff 'Fortitude' rather than the full 'PW:F,' that way both PW:F and the prayer version will satisfy it. The downside is that other abilities (like Ancestral Fortitude) will also satisfy it. But if you only want this reminder out of combat, it should be fine.
    cool thanks

heynice guides but i couldent get PoM to show up? had it exactly the same as your picture but nothing.

any idea?

In my picture it's set so that it only shows up in raids, in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by GronkerLonker View Post
    Good guide again, thanks.

One thing I would like to mention is, that if you want to track the cooldown of a skill via the Action Usable setting, the skill has to be somewhere in the action bars.
    It took me a while to realize this, as I'm using OPie for my Warrior Shouts for example and they wouldn't show up (fyi it's a combination of buff missing + action usable).

hey thanks for really fast comeback, this was my answer tho. Simply really, teach me not to put keybinds on the action bar

POWA question

Ok, I'm kinda dense sometimes, and after I change specs I forget to set my presence and I run around without one. I'd like POWA to pop up a big icon or something to remind me that I need to set one. So I only want it to show if I am not in any stance. For the life of me I can't figure out how to make that happen.

I tried use buff with the word 'presence' and show when not active checked. I tried to use stance and not set anything. But I can't make that work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread