+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Unidentifiable Organ. Nifty new trinket in ICC

Unidentifiable Organ. Nifty new trinket in ICC

Posted about this trinket earlier today but the post was deleted by a moderator? No clue why since it's actually dropping on the PTR currently and isn't data mined.

Figured I hadn't noticed it yet and wanted to point it out to others as something to look forward to in 10 man ICC.

Unidentifiable Organ
    Heroic
    Binds when picked up
    Unique
    Trinket
    2128 Armor
    Requires Level 80
    Item Level 264
    Equip: Each time you are struck by a melee attack, you have a 60% chance to gain 27 stamina for the next 10 sec, stacking up to 10 times.
    Sell Price: 11 39 40

They take Data mining very seriously, so having glanced at it they may have removed the post to further investigate. Looks like a nifty trinket.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

60% chance on being hit makes it kinda wonky...even w/20% less dodge it'll still be fairly easy to get bad luck and have the stacks drop off.

Will work well with trash packs though.

Apologies, last I read it was datamined so was playing it safe. If it was indeed dropping off the PTR then I'll leave it up.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

2 attacks per 10 seconds gives about 84% uptime, 3 attacks per 10 seconds about 93% uptime.
    Unless bosses have a higher attack speed in ICC, it's unreliable.

I'll pick it up for the armor, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

bosses swing approximately every 2 seconds right? so in 10 seconds that's 5 swings, 5 swings with 40% avoidance is 60% landed hits, so 5*.6 = 3 attacks per 10 seconds, about 93% uptime.

so with a 93 % up time this tinket could be worth saying it a 270 stam trinket as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Ubast View Post
    so with a 93 % up time this tinket could be worth saying it a 270 stam trinket as well?
    Not a full 270 stamina trinket. I'd personally consider using other cooldowns in the periods of time that the buff will fall off/reset. That way, you'll get a constant significant improvement.

Adding the fairly high uptime stamina with the armor means it's a fantastic trinket. As I remarked in one of the deleted threads, it's nice to see tanks finally getting a trinket that stacks a stat. Healers and DPSers have had (a few of) those for a while now.
    Of course, their versions don't have the aspect of this trinket, with the stacks dropping once in a while, but if that liability lets Blizzard stack more stats on our version then I can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    bosses swing approximately every 2 seconds right? so in 10 seconds that's 5 swings, 5 swings with 40% avoidance is 60% landed hits, so 5*.6 = 3 attacks per 10 seconds, about 93% uptime.
    5 swings * 60% chance to connect * 60% chance to actually proc = 1.8 procs per 10 seconds or somewhere around 75-80% 'uptime'. I'ld rate it at about 100-150 Stamina, given the fact you need to stack it all the time.

If I ever get my Warrior into ToC I'll pick it up for those melee DW gimmicks. That and it beats seeing it get sharded :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

the name is odd,;just think if this was real. i wouldnt want to carry an unidentified organ from god knows what around.

Thanks for the clarification WarTotem, I was just going by the above posters numbers =P

Well, this is the heroic version of course - and don't forget that the stacking stamina is only half the trinket, it ALSO comes with a nice helping of armor. Yummy.

And apparently it drops in the gunship battle, so we can start looking for it right away when 3.3 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post
    5 swings * 60% chance to connect * 60% chance to actually proc = 1.8 procs per 10 seconds or somewhere around 75-80% 'uptime'. I'ld rate it at about 100-150 Stamina, given the fact you need to stack it all the time.

If I ever get my Warrior into ToC I'll pick it up for those melee DW gimmicks. That and it beats seeing it get sharded :P
    You'll also have less avoidance in ICC - i'm guessing around 25% to start with, maybe more as you gear up - so it would probably 5*075*0.6 = 2.25 procs per 10 secs.

Definitely worth it for fast hitting bosses and trash/lots of adds fights, for other ones people may want to change it, thought that mitigation on it still makes it look VERY nice.

Uhhhh, I'm at 60% avoidance right now so -20% will put me around 40% hence 60% chance to connect * 60% chance to actually proc. 25% avoidance? meaning you're sitting at 45% avoidance pre-chill? That's uh....hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    Uhhhh, I'm at 60% avoidance right now so -20% will put me around 40% hence 60% chance to connect * 60% chance to actually proc. 25% avoidance? meaning you're sitting at 45% avoidance pre-chill? That's uh....hard to believe.
    druids only have about 49% dodge in full 258 gear raid buffed, and that is with the idol agi proc. I personally have 1.5% chance to be missed from defense, since I am no longer a night elf man that is an overpowered racial.

Ah bears, gotcha!

Well, fully buffed and considering Mongoose/Idol procs I think I'm just over 50% dodge at times. Consider the 1% or so miss from defense and 5% natural miss and even with Chill there will probably be times when us bears are more likely to not get a proc in those 10 seconds than we are to get one.

60% chance to be hit means being hit 3 times per 10 seconds. Each time has a chance to proc, and 1 proc maintains the buff. Chance of not proccing the trinket in those 3 hits is .4*.4*.4 = 6.4% chance to not proc.

For each 10 seconds, there should be a 6.4% chance to drop the buff. Otherwise, it will keep stacking. Not sure where 75-80% uptime comes from, since 1 proc per 10 seconds will keep the buff stacking.

Of course, the reality won't come out that clean, since in reality you'll get hit 5 times in 10 seconds sometimes and 1 time in 10 seconds other times, so that significantly increases the real risk of dropping the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by WarTotem View Post

You can't have 1.8 procs per ten seconds. You have either one or two.
    Since the entire stack falls off when it doesn't proc within those ten seconds, this aspect of the math is important.
    Going with 40% avoidance...
    Swing #1 has a 0.36 chance of proccing it before it drops off.
    Swing #2 has a 0.64 (1-0.36) chance of being needed.
    Swing #3 has a 0.230 (1-0.36*0.64) chance of being needed.
    Swing #4 has a 0.083 (1-0.36*0.230) chance of being needed.
    Swing #5 has a 0.030 (1-0.36*0.083) chance of being needed.
    Swing #6 has a 0.011 (1-0.36*0.030) chance of being needed.

That tells me there's roughly a 1% chance for it to fall off during every 10 second window when 5<(attacks per five seconds)<6 .
    1% may sound slim, but it's a large enough chance for it to happen.

I personally wouldn't count on the proc for saving my life.

What I'm wondering about is what the proc actually does. Would it give you the stamina as full or empty health? If it gives the stamina as full health, it's a nice little healing addition untill the stack reaches full, and it dropping off may actually be more beneficial then keeping it up.
    Last edited by Martie; 11-21-2009 at 01:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

+ Reply to Thread