+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low DPS - Regemming needed??

Low DPS - Regemming needed??

I am not sure where to go from here. I have 32.23% ArP from gear and from what I've read that is when I should start gemming for more ArP. So I get +20 ArP gems and put them almost everywhere. My problem is that I am having a hard time averaging 3.5k DPS in 25 ToC. I am new to the game so the keybindings are still new to me (I mean they are not always automatic). When I hit the heroic training dummy I can rarely get over 3k dps. My rotation that I try to maintain is Rend > MS > Overpower when available > Execute when available and HS when i have enough rage. I use Bladestorm whenever it is not on CD and I use Cleave when attacking more than 1 target.

My question is my gear gemmed right and if not should i regem back to Str gems or do I just need to work on rotation more.

Armory Link Below

The World of Warcraft Armory

Thanks in advance

Ok, I'm not going to claim to be an expert. Prot is my main spec, but I did goto Arms as my off-spec about 5 months ago to help out my guild when we need it.

Couple of things, you are correct in that the general rule of thumb is get 30% ArP from your gear. Once you have that, then the DPS seems to favor gemming for it.

One thing I see is you are way over hit cap. All you need is 8%(~263), so you could lose a bit of that by replacing your neck with the Broach of the Wailing night if you have the badges. It has ArP on it.

One other reason you might be a little low on DPS could be your crit. Your spec looks pretty good, also I see you have just started doing JC as a profession. Get that to 400 and you can start using the Fractured Dragon's Eye gems(+34 ArP).

Also, might look to replace your ring, since you got the tanking one. You could also farm the Grim Toll from Naxx or Banner of Victory from Reg ToC. Both would boost your ArP, as well as eating Hearty Rhino Dogs for buff food.

Sounds like you have the basics of the rotation down, if you can really call it that. It's more a priority system. I'd suggest checking out the Quick & Dirty Arms thread here at TS if you have not already. Keep running heroics for badges and 10&25 man ToC, there's lots of plate with ArP on it.

I've only recently been able to crack into 5k plus in ToC, some fights don't setup so well for Arms. By that I mean if you miss a ability like Rend it can really hurt your overall DPS. Atleast that's what I've found.

+ Reply to Thread