+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glyph of Indom

Glyph of Indom

My Tank is 3/4 25ToC/10HToC geared (40k health, etc) (The World of Warcraft Armory) and my role is generally a MT.

I was wondering what your opinions of the Glyph of Indomitability vs the Brewfest Trinkets/Black Heart (Which is normally what I use right now.. stupid Jugger trinket hasn't dropped for me yet )

I like the extra armor/dodge use.. but losing just about 2k health makes makes me want to cry lol..

What do you think? (This is for raid progression.. H25ToC, H10ToC, Icecrown when it comes out)

Wrong forum.

Moved.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

It's much better than the brewfest trinket for almost any fight with physical damage. Unless you're taking a lot of threatening magic damage, armour is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavtor View Post
    It's much better than the brewfest trinket for almost any fight with physical damage. Unless you're taking a lot of threatening magic damage, armour is amazing.
    So the loss of 2k health is worth it then.. I see it's what you're wearing in Armory? It's just hard to justify lol (Though it is atk power as well for threat)

In terms of passive survivability buffed the Brewfest Trinkets have slighty more EH than the Glyph of Indom but the Glyph of Indom's on use it makes up for the small gap in EH they have between them makes up for it in the majority of situations other than very high magic damage fights such as Mimiron.

Glyph provides more EH raid-buffed than the brewfest trinket. So even without considering the click effect it is better for all but a few progression fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenodorus View Post
    Glyph provides more EH raid-buffed than the brewfest trinket. So even without considering the click effect it is better for all but a few progression fights.
    That's not entirely accurate. For me, even heart of iron is more EHP than Glyph of Indom by a few. It depends on your current armor and HP levels. People should use the Tankspot EHP calculator (or there's also an in-game addon called tankadin2) to calculate their EHP before deciding between these two. Glyph of indom is so far below the 245 Jug's vit, that I opted to not even pick it up.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

There's a thread around someplace on these forums that actually calculates the EHP value of Glyph at various health/armor levels. The short version is that in terms of EH, you're usually better with dual-Stam.

However, what the Glyph will do is make each individual hit smaller and that is where it's true value lies - sure, a TTL simulation would favour higher EH but in a real raiding situation, having 50k buffed with enough Armor to take 18k hits is nicer on your healers than 52k buffed but taking 20k hits.

I picked up Glyph as well as Satrina's and both Brewfests simply for the flexibility. In some fights it's preferable to slightly blunt the boss' attacks than to have a bit more health - especially where the 2k raid buffed from Brewfest won't push you from being 2-shot up to 3-shot (which means that in real terms it doesn't make much difference).

Depends entirely on the fight but the Glyph is far from useless, irrespective of whether it's technically less EH than Heart of Iron, Scarab, Brewfest, Black Heart or whatever else. I'd pick it up if you have the spare badges, personally - I have a feeling it'll be nice for Marrowgar's cleaves and that kind of thing

+ Reply to Thread