+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Druid Tank - BIG Stam/Agi little Crit and Att

Druid Tank - BIG Stam/Agi little Crit and Att

Hi Guys,

Char: Martial Realm:EU Stormrage

As a relatively new Tank i've been tryin to gear up (as you can see, long way to go yet but getting there). I've been slamming Stam gems into my gear but tryin not to become a Stam junkie so have used a fair bit few Agi gems/enchants as well.

The issue i've got (and i'm sure my Bear Brethren have been thru the same thing) is now i'm pretty low on attack power and crit resulting in my being able to take a great amount of damage but sometimes having to work hard to keep aggro. Whats a good balance?

I know it takes time out to reply to a thread like this so thanks in advance to anyone who replies

P.S. to Ciderhelm and the team
    I LOVE THIS SITE! thanks for putting in the work for making this an incredible research tool for every guildie who likes to raid (and ofc us tanks /flex )

Actually your attack power seems relatively normal for your gear level for a tank spec. If you want to increase your attack power as a druid tank, the main thing you always focus on is your weapon upgrades. Going from one tier to the next generally nets you a significant increase in attack power.

Things you can do.

Farm more heroics, there are a lot of upgrades that are either drops or badge purchasable yet for you. Replace that neck and ring with block value with items that actually benefit a druid better. Even if you sacrifice 10 stamina, right now you are wasting 185 points on block value that could be something else. You can also get the tier 8 helm from heroic badges and replace that tier 7 and while you are at it get the real tanking enchant on it instead of the fire resist enchant.

Try shifting some talents around. Drop King of the Jungle and 2 points in Imp Mangle to pick up Master Shapeshifter. You'll have to change to the 4 step rotation instead of a 3 step rotation but the 4% raw damage bonus may net you a threat gain.

Change your weapon enchant. Raw attack power is relatively low on the druid weapon enchant totem pole. Get Mongoose preferably or 35 agility secondary.

Your tanking gear looks in general like you are a relatively new level 80, at least in the feral catagory. Something else to keep in mind when you are tanking is your relative gear level. Tanking a heroic daily pug you may not be able to generate enough threat to complete with people running around in full tier 9 gear. It may not be that you are necessarily weak at your role or undergeared, but it may be that others are overgeared in the context you are running.

As mentioned before, your weapon yields best bang for buck in terms of threat. Unfortunately, unless you get an Ulduar+ raid drop, you are toasted, HToC Marrowstrike is the best you can get easily.

Incidentally, keep an eye on your hit and expertise. With talents you want to aim for the following (but you may not get to):
    26 expertise
    264 hit rating

It does you no good to have a great weapon and not connect all the time.

You only have one point in Primal Fury, possible rage issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenier View Post
    You only have one point in Primal Fury, possible rage issues?
    If you need the extra point, take out omen of clarity. It's a kitty talent, if you wanted to DPS you would go boomkin.

Also, you could try removing King of the Jungle and Improved Leader of the pack and go for master shapeshifter, that should net more threat.

Fella's, a BIG thank you! all your responses have really helped me understand where to go from here.

If you're ever on stormrage i'll buy you a beer!

Cheers!

Martial

+ Reply to Thread