+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms Warrior with low DPS

Arms Warrior with low DPS

Hi all,

I have been an Arms warrior for a few months now (previously all tank) and cannot seem to break the 3K DPS mark even with most of my gear at 232. I have gemmed for Str in most of the sockets and my rotation is the typical:

Charge
    Rend
    MS
    Execute (proc)
    OP (proc)
    Slam (proc)

I spam Slam when in between CDs and hit Bladestorm, Sweeping Strikes and Cleave when possible without interrupting my main rotation and keeping Rend up at all times.

Yet, I still cannot figure out why my dps is in the toliet. Pugged 25 ToC last night and could not break 3K while the less geared Arm warrior was hitting 4.3K consistently. I have tried several specs including the Incite spec with no help. Granted that gear does not replace skill but I think that I have the rotation down.

Any advice would be appreciated,
    Arklord

You should try getting your Armor Pen up to ~50% and get grim toll or Mjolnir Runestone from Thorim 10 man Hardmode and you can get only 45% Armor Pen. Your rotation is good, when you charge in and rend after the first overpower use Bladestorm it will up your dps as well because a whole bladestorm takes just enough time until the next Overpower proc.

Rend -> MS -> Overpower (proc) -> Execute (proc) -> Slam ---- But always use Execute before Overpower if there is still time before the next proc off of Taste for blood.

You should hook us up with you're armory it will help to help you more

Whatever PvtCaboose said is solid advice. Listen to him.

Also if you can put in an armory link, I am sure more tips will be provided.

Link to Armory profile

Thanks for the reply. My passive ArP is 40% with gearright now. I'll work on getting the Grim Toll.

Here is the link to my armory profile:

The World of Warcraft Armory

Correction my Arp is 37.65%.

Looking at you're armory now, I suggest a spec something like this: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft Also, check out the glyphs that I have chosen.

Grim toll is a huge upgrade when playing arms, the ArP proc @ 50% passive will give you 100% ArP. Also, you might want to check out getting a new weapon, Axe is the best for warriors but Worldcarver isn't a very good one.

Moved to HALP! forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

This is what I would do,

1. Change your meta to Chaotic Skyflare Diamond - Item - World of Warcraft , it gives you 6% increase on your crits.
    2. Move to spec which PvtCaboose suggested, Glyph of Rend is pretty much manadatory.
    3. Get Grim Toll
    4. I think at that much passive ArP its recommended to gem ArP than Str for arms. Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet to determine. Warrior DPS Calculation Spreadsheet - Elitist Jerks

** I think the idea is you want to go 50% passive ArP so that Grim Toll or Mjolnir proc puts you at 100% and than gem, for Str

Hope this helps !!

You should be using a Relentless Earthsiege for your meta, that way you only have to use 1 Nightmare tear for your meta bonus, thus goving you one more open slot for ArP. I'd put it in your non-red socket in your legs, giving you an extra 6 strength. You should be gemming ArP constantly past 30-35% passive ArP from gear only, you are above that, so gem ArP. It's all or nothing concerning ArP, either gem EVERYTHING or don't gem at all.

HAste is also a concern in your gear b/c it's one of the worst stats to itemize for in arms. All it does it increase the frequency of your white swings, which come with 25% glancing, and only increase your rage intake, by hitting with more whites. STR, Crit and ArP are all much better stats to go for. The Dexterous Brightstone ring is a good ring, so don't bother dropping the haste off of that, unless you happen to get a Heroic Planestalker band from H 10 Jaraxxus.

I also observed that you have +20 hit rating on your gloves, when you are 16 hit over the cap, you can remove that and gain another 44 AP from the glove enchant too.

Also, gemming for ArP beyond 100% with a proc is totally upto you, if you have the gold to sink, by all means go for it, but if not, then keep gemming ArP. From some crappy math, GT will only have an approx. 20% uptime in any drawn out situation, juding that it takes an estimated 5 seconds to reproc it.

Eventually, you'll want to reach an ArP passive lvl of about 60-65% from gear alone, then you can safely drop your GT or MRS, when you get one, for another better dps trinket with a useful proc, like Death's choice or something along those lines.

Forgot to add, BS is a DPS loss btw when only having 1 target to use it on. use it wisely. when there's +2 tragets, by all means BS away to your heart's content. If you can, depending on the fight, there should be atleast 4 adds, that's the time you want to use it.

For example, on anub'arak 10M, You can pop BS right after the first set of adds come out, and then you will have it up to mash some scarab's during the first underground phase, rinse and repeat, that way you can keep it on CD all the time without wasting it too much. Just use your own judgement and sit down and map out each encounter if you need to find out when BS is most effective.
    Last edited by Deathsupply; 11-19-2009 at 11:38 AM.

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions. I changed my talents per your recommendation and hit 3.5K in Uld. I need to work on getting that trinket and gemming up som ArP as well.

+ Reply to Thread