+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hit for Prot warriors

Hit for Prot warriors

Hey guys i need an advice.
    if i look at high end prot warriors i see that there hit is realy low. to get more defense or stamina. but is it good to take out some hit for some more stamina or defense ? and will this not resoult in that my taunt will miss ?

Astraios

Basically: if your threat is high enough to stay above your dps, you don't need more hit. As a tank you want the boss to stick on you and if you can it's enough. You're not a dps, you don't need to maximize threat......you need enough threat.

Yes with low hit taunts will miss, but with relatively high hit they will still miss quite a lot because taunt uses spellhitrating. So on fights where taunt is vital: use a glyph of taunt.

relatively high hit ? you have an ideer about how high it should be ?

The cap (for melee) is +8%, I believe that translates to something like 263 hit rating or something like that. As I've been building my gear, I'm actually well over that atm, partially due to still using Titanium Weapon Chain on my weapon. (Mongoose is on the way, working on mats)
    The advice I've been given is that except for very specific fights (stuff I'm not up to yet) just take whatever hit is on your gear, unless, like mentioned above, you're threat-capping your DPSers. For those specific fights, you get a few pieces of gear with lots of hit, and swap them in. Also I've been told that Expertise is much more valuable than hit for a tank, I believe the soft-cap on that is 26, but others probably know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Astraios View Post
    relatively high hit ? you have an ideer about how high it should be ?
    Taunt comes use spellhit instead of melee hit.
    Without any hit you've got a 17% (yes, 17%) chance to miss spells against raidbosses.
    Both spell and melee hit use the same hitrating but it translates into different percentages. To reach 17% spellhit, you would need 446 hitrating from gear and gems. Which I would call relatively high.
    (but there's also outside buffs like a warlock putting misery on a boss, giving you 3% hit against that boss which means you now need 14% spellhit which would be 367 hitrating.)
    Last edited by orcstar; 11-19-2009 at 08:06 AM.

For a tank expertise is always better than hit ( Expertise is always better than Hit - Warriors - TankingTips.com )

For most part always carry a pile of taunt glyphs around and swap when its a taunt sensitive fight, if your hit is way low, say <100.

@orcstar, Misery is put up by a Shadowpriest, not warlock. Boomkins have a similar hit debuff as well.

+ Reply to Thread