+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy Priest Questions

Holy Priest Questions

Hey guys, I've been working with my holy priest for about 3 months now, I do enjoy it and I think I finally found a toon that Im actually good at. Anyways..

I've read the holy priest guide and I've asked around at some of the best healers on my realm and I'm sort of wondering what other peoples, I guess.. opinions are on stats.

Currently my stats are, self buffed:
    SP: 2578
    Holy Crit: 25.10%
    Haste: 426
    Mana Regen: 700 while not casting, 374 while casting.

I've been gemming with Purified and Luminous gems and a couple of Reckless here and there. I'm sort of wondering what really is the BEST stat from a solid priest experience in WoTLK.

Here is my issue. Spirit gives me constant mana regen and SP but the more I crit, the the more Holy Concentration procs which gives me more mana regen. So what type of gear/gems should I go for? Basically, I want to get through a fight doing really good healing, but not running out of mana. Obviously some cool downs help with that. So I'm in a toss up of Spirit, Crit and mp5. Also, someone suggested I be around 700-800 haste.

Can someone please give me something to go off of! Thanks!

You should gem what you need more of.

If you need more throughput go for haste and spellpower.
    Regen go for intellect.
    If you go for blue socket bonuses you can used the purified gem for spellpower and spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Amamaeth View Post
    You should gem what you need more of.

If you need more throughput go for haste and spellpower.
    Regen go for intellect.
    If you go for blue socket bonuses you can used the purified gem for spellpower and spirit.
    This. If you want throughput, it's haste or spellpower, whatever you prefer. Don't let someone tell you what you need, consider your own stats and playstyle and what you're lacking. If you want regen, gem intellect. Spirit should only be used for socket bonuses.

I agree with Aliena: consider information from some of the best and smartest sources you can find, and process it to make your own decisions. Stat prioirities change for a holy priest once your average gear item level reaches about 226, so that's a consideration as well. A few of the best sources I have found are:

Aliena's Holy Priest Guide:
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f207/...est-guide.html

Poptisse's Holy Priest Guides:
    Priest Holy - Part 1 - General - Ensidia
    Priest Holy - Part 2 - Ensidia

Bobturkey's Theorycrafted Stat Weights:
    Priest Theorycrafting – Summary (Part 6) BobTurkey’s WoW Blog
    Priest theorycrafting for 3.2 BobTurkey’s WoW Blog

Here is some further food for thought:
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f200/...your-game.html
    I hope it's helpful.
    O
    Last edited by Oddly; 11-19-2009 at 02:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread