+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SnowfallKeyPress

SnowfallKeyPress

Fairly new addon I wanted to share with you guys...

SnowfallKeyPress (SnowfallKeyPress: WoWInterface) is an addon that makes your abilities activate on key press rather than key release.

The author claims it's "similar to reducing your network latency by 100ms" and seems to be aimed more toward PVPers, but the benefit I've noticed is with weaving rage dumps and bloodsurge procs into the fury rotation more cleanly. In theory this should speed up any rotation, especially those that are GCD locked or have proc-based abilities.

Is anyone else using it? I'm interested how other class/specs will benefit from it.
    Last edited by Anik; 11-18-2009 at 05:12 PM.

I will be testing it tonight in my 25man ToC on a heavily keybound mouseover macro resto druid. =) I'll report my results.

I installed it yesterday and it seems to work.

hrm, might be worth checking out.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

It is as if I never lost 100 haste. It is yummy. Resto druid stamp of approval.

I will use it tonight, been looking for something like this since ... FOREVER

Thanks

I am trying it out now, but I have problems with a "spam" button or ability.
    I have MOUSE5 to use heroicstrike. but it seems broken...

Quote Originally Posted by Buttlern View Post
    I am trying it out now, but I have problems with a "spam" button or ability.
    I have MOUSE5 to use heroicstrike. but it seems broken...
    Works fine for my queued attacks, could be because it's bound to your mouse?

Could be, but that was the only thing that wasnt awesome about the addon tho

From this page:

SnowfallKeyPress : WoWInterface Downloads : Action Bar Mods

Mouse Buttons

SnowfallKeyPress accelerates key bindings of mouse buttons, but it doesn't accelerate mouse button clicks that interact directly with frames without any associated key binding. This means that although SnowfallKeyPress is compatible with click-casting addons like Clique and Vuhdo, it won't accelerate their mouse clicks. Vuhdo already provides its own mouse click acceleration, though, and perhaps Clique will at some point, as well. Until then, you can add support yourself by navigating to Interface\Addons\Clique, editing Clique.lua and CliqueOptions.lua, searching for instances of "AnyUp", and replacing them with "AnyDown".

Mouse scroll-wheel bindings do not need any acceleration, so don't be concerned that SnowfallKeyPress offers no way to accelerate them. Each "tick" of the mouse scroll wheel is, in effect, already a simultaneous press and release.

I'm uber late on this response, but this is amazing. I've been on the lookout for a mod like this since discord stopped being developed. That was one of my favorite features of discord.

I use this mod and have had no problems to date!!! I recommend this to anybody.

Hate to bump this but can anyone confirm that this works on 4.0.1? I checked out wowinterface and it looks like the author is working on a new version.

I can confirm that it works in 4.0.1

Cool I will install it again because that new GCD system isn't spam friendly when I'm tanking D:

+ Reply to Thread