Please give some advice DKs :)
Hi, I am looking for some help with my dk dps. I have studied alot into this and am getting frustrated.
My gear suggests to me that I should be doing alot more than 1500dps in raids. I do realise that is unenchanted which is fail, but, even without the enchantments, I think I should be doing more. I am getting my gear enchanted in the next few days hopefully.
I am relatively new to the game(leveled a hunter to 55 on my boyfriends spare account and then took on the dk). Could I have some advice please as to potential rotations, as I have studied rotations for my spec and they all seem to give me the same amount of dps (between 1400 and 1800 normally).
Please go easy on me.
The World of Warcraft Armory
Unholy is 1 of the hardest DK specs to get use to and to get the best out of it, its based on DoTs so ur dps will start off quite low and get higher as the fight goes on
Have a look at Skeleton Jack it will tell u every think u need to know about unholy dps, like spec, rotation and much much more
Basic starting points:
1. Get your hit up to 8% ASAP. This means replacing those Crit/Haste gems you have with Hit gems (and i'd advise you to replace the strength gems with strength/hit gems until you hit the cap.) You're going to get a lot more DPS production out of hit up to 8% then you do with anything else.
2. Make sure you're in blood presence for DPSing.
3. Replace your +42 AP / Minor run speed increase meta gem with one more suited to DPSing (Chaotic Skyflare Diamond would be my choice.)
4. When you get your enchants, make sure you get hit enchants until you get 8% hit (ie. Enchant Gloves - Precision, Enchant Boots - Icewalker.)
5. Get your hit up to 8% ASAP.
6. Almost forgot, get your hit up to 8%.
7. You can get the trinket from H Nexus (Hit Rating one, I believe it drops off of Keristraza) and replace your Alchemist Stone trinket with it until your hit capped by other means.
8. Once you get to 8% hit you can start putting in strength gems again.
Last edited by Wilhem; 11-18-2009 at 07:44 PM.