+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms warrior looking for advice.

Arms warrior looking for advice.

Hello,
    I've been playing this character for awhile now and I've gotten pretty good with arms. I like it alot.
    I've been wanting to increase my dps more though and I've had several thoughts.
    First I have a couple of 20 crit gems. I was wondering if maybe i should switch them out for more ArP gems, or keep the crit. I'm right at 35% crit rating right now.
    Looking at my gear is there anything else you guys would switch out or enchant differently?
    What gear suggestions do you have? Right now my guild had beaten 25 ToC on normal mode and I believe we are going to start doing heroic of 10 and possibly 25 ToC soon. I've been trying for the Duel Blade Butcher. But haven't gotten it yet.
    I've also toyed with the thought of switching to Fury, but I out dps all the Fury warriors I've seen on my server thus far. Besides a few that keep about the same level of dps as me.

Thanks
    The World of Warcraft Armory

I'd probably advocate never gemming for crit. either ArP for trinket proc 100% or gun for 100% passive arp, otherwise str and str/crit gems for good socket bonuses. 20 crit doesn't quite keep to par with str/arp in my opinion.

Also armory linked threads probably belong in our HALP! forum.

Moved.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Just a minor thing but if you change your purple gem to a nightmare tear +10 to all stats, you would get a slight dps increase because 10str, and 10agi is better than only 10ArP (SEP for str is 1, ArP 1.2 or 1.3 at cap?) agi is above 0.5 atleast

Also, i dont think crit SEP ever passes Strength or ArP, unless there even there is very skewed crit ratings of really really low crit, and even then I doubt it (dont have excel available atm so can't check the spreadsheet...)

Try putting Berserking enchant on your axe, its more damage than 110 AP, and even though you are looking to replace it soon, enchant mats are cheap nowadays...

Another thing is that you are over the expertise softcap of 18 (since you have 2/2 weapon mastery), so perhaps get a badge 245 ring to replace your 213 expertise ring

Fury is going to outdps arms on nearly all fights given equal gear/skill (at endgame gear/bosses), but really just do what you are comfortable with;
    usually its really up to whether your guild needs readily available sunders/demo shouts (fury), or blood frenzy debuff and trauma for the warriors/ferals (arms)
    Last edited by Talho; 11-18-2009 at 12:04 PM.
    Talho #3 top arms warrior dps on 25 HM Twin Valkyrs in US and #5 *Worldwide*
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/c...ps/war/8/6/3/3

I'm clearly confused about the expertise cap.

I just need 18?
    Now does that calculate in my Orc Racial for using axes?

Thanks for the Advise Talho

Also Kazeyonoma sorry for posting in the wrong section. Wasn't paying attention.
    I've always tried to stay at around 35% or more Crit.
    It's just what someone told me somewhere. But I'll take your word for it.

Also, I've been wanting to gun for 100% passive, but as you can see I have a long way to go.
    I should keep the grim toll all the way to the point of 100% passive? Or is there like a point at say 75% passive that I should switch to something like.... darkmoon card greatness or something goofy like that?

Im pretty sure the WoW interface stat screen accounts for your orc racial (+5 expertise skill I believe?) you can test this out by just unequipping your axe and seeing the expertise skill on your stats change (it should go down by 5)

26 expertise skill is needed to remove 6.50% dodges, but as arms can have 2/2 weapon mastery (which is 4% dodge removal), only 18 expertise skill is needed with 2/2 WM, 22 expertise skill is needed for 1/2 WM, and 26 expertise skill for 0/2 WM

On a side note...it can be argued that being under the cap for expertise and spending the points elsewhere in str/ArP could be beneficial (for example 17 expertise instead of 18 expertise with 2/2 WM) because arms can replace a dodge with a faster 1 second GCD overpower guaranteed critical that will keep deep wounds up...many posters on arms discussion on elitistjerks and Landsoul's dps spreadsheet seem to agree that SEP of expertise for arms goes down alot (going under strength SEP) as you get near the expertise soft cap
    Talho #3 top arms warrior dps on 25 HM Twin Valkyrs in US and #5 *Worldwide*
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/c...ps/war/8/6/3/3

+ Reply to Thread