+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adjusting loot rules.

Adjusting loot rules.

When I took over leadership of my guild I made our loot rules as simple and fair as I could.

Main Spec roll, then off spec. when you win a Main spec roll, your last for the next Main spec roll (1 boss only). No other restrictions.

Recently I've had players with their 2nd Best in Slot weapon rolling and taking 1st Best in Slot from those who still need to upgrade into that tier.

Is this something I should attempt to fix? Should anyone tolerate being denied their roll on their Best in Slot weapon for any reason? Is giving end game weapon drops to players who have one and will see the least benefit just as bad?

The Loot rule addition I'm considering is this:
    If the Upgrade is within the difference made by the enchants that go on it, the master loot may count the main spec roll as a 1

Since both out outcomes are painful to someone, I'm unsure if there is much benefit to making a change.

My conclusion is there is never a valid reason to deny a Main Spec best in slot /roll. It is incompatible with a clean "Right to Roll" system. Losing a critical upgrade to a trivial itemization change is a slap in the face, being denied a roll on your Best in Slot is getting stabbed in the back. I am back to relying on the nature of random: Everything Happens. This includes some painful pitfalls, but everyone number will come up.

Recently I've had players with their 2nd Best in Slot weapon rolling and taking 1st Best in Slot from those who still need to upgrade into that tier.
    Depending on the nature of your guild, just saying "hey, Bob is still carrying the [blah blah blah] are you sure the raid is going to be improved more by you getting 2 points more hit?". You don't always have to go amending rules, if you are a strong leader you can manipulate behavior through example.
    Or, this seems to work for some guilds, before the roll, each player wanting to roll links what they will be replacing to raid chat. No words need to be said by you, if someone is being a greedy turd they will out themselves.
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    My Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/penlowe

You should talk it over before giving the loot across, sometimes people can be persuaded and often guildies don't keep tabs on each other's gear. Hwoever, if they don't agree then I don't see why you should stop them from obtaining a BiS item, but you'll find a lot of guildies will be happy to pass.

Of course, if the player with the shit item is not pulling their weight or could have got a better item outside of raiding but havn't bothered, then i wouldn't even bring the issue up.
    Xíanth <Valkyria>

Our guild has a good policy for alts (we use RTP, a DKP variant on mains);

Main Spec > Off-Spec, armor per proficiency etc, but when 2 ppl of same priority roll, thoe one with the least items won that raid gets it. Yes that means if you win something on Beasts you might have to see an Anub'arak item pass off to another person. But hey, not my fault you rolled for your #4, #3 and #2 BiS weapon first!! It also makes alts offspec a choice, rather then "yeah sure, I'll pick it up even if I'll never use it!!"

The reason I dislike comparing items is because a slacker that only shows up once every 2 weeks comes in with a crafted weapon and then hides behind the excuse of no upgrades ever dropping for him. Ofcourse it's not gonna drop for you if you're never there, and dedicated raiders will get shafted because they got a weapon last week that nobody else wanted. The items-per-raid thing seems to work pretty well for us to weed out loot-whoring, while still keeping the motivated people going to organise those runs on our offdays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Protection Warrior Spreadsheet

+ Reply to Thread