+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Satrinas Unhittable Macro

Satrinas Unhittable Macro

The macro does not include the bosses base miss of 5 percent correct? So whatever number the macro spits out we can tack on an extra 5 percent to?

It does have the 5% already added, the only thing it's missing is if you're a night elf and have 2% more miss.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Brainwreck View Post
    The macro does not include the bosses base miss of 5 percent correct? So whatever number the macro spits out we can tack on an extra 5 percent to?
    As I understand it... The miss chance is included in the calculation. The result from the macro is the result... No extra math required.

*Edit* You beat me Kaz. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    It does have the 5% already added, the only thing it's missing is if you're a night elf and have 2% more miss.
    It does not include Insect Swarm or Scorpid sting though
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Protection Warrior Spreadsheet

Got it. Thanks guys

indeed it does not, but if said insect swarmer/scorpid stinger were to die or miss or forget to keep the debuff up, you're hosed! ;P

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Where is this macro?

There are lots of variations to the macro in question. Here are several of mine from a different topic which are written for patch 4.0 (Cataclysm) to the current date but are written in a manner which would automatically adapt to future patches so long as core mechanics are not altered again.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    Any macro you are using today if it was correct before for calculating avoidance will still be correct in 4.2.

Here is my automatic scaling version which translates down to a 100% scale. Target a raid boss target dummy and it will it will do the 2.4% reduction to unhittable and 1.8% reduction to avoidance. Target a level 85 and it will have no reduction. It automatically scales based on your level and your target's level.

If you want to hardcode the target level, you can replace the UnitLevel("target") with the desired level, i.e. 88 for a Cataclysm Raid Boss.

Shield Tank (Non-Night Elf)
    Code:
    /run u,t=UnitLevel("player"),UnitLevel("target") if t==-1 then t=u+3 end ld,d,p,b,m=0.2*(u-t),GetDodgeChance(),GetParryChance(),GetBlockChance(),5 DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(format("Lvl: "..t.."  Unhit: %.2f%%  Avoid: %.2f%%",d+p+b+m+ld*4,d+p+m+ld*3))
    Shield Tank (Night Elf)
    Code:
    /run u,t=UnitLevel("player"),UnitLevel("target") if t==-1 then t=u+3 end ld,d,p,b,m=0.2*(u-t),GetDodgeChance(),GetParryChance(),GetBlockChance(),7 DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(format("Lvl: "..t.."  Unhit: %.2f%%  Avoid: %.2f%%",d+p+b+m+ld*4,d+p+m+ld*3))
    Death Knight (Any Race)
    Code:
    /run x="player" u,t=UnitLevel(x),UnitLevel("target") if t==-1 then t=u+3 end ld,d,p,m=0.2*(u-t),GetDodgeChance(),GetParryChance(),5 if UnitRace(x)=="Night Elf" then m=m+2 end DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(format("Lvl: "..t.."  Avoid: %.2f%%",d+p+m+ld*3))
    Druid (Any Race)
    Code:
    /run x="player" u,t=UnitLevel(x),UnitLevel("target") if t==-1 then t=u+3 end ld,d,m=0.2*(u-t),GetDodgeChance(),5 if UnitRace(x)=="Night Elf" then m=m+2 end DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(format("Lvl: "..t.."  Avoid: %.2f%%",d+m+ld*2))
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    There are lots of variations to the macro in question. Here are several of mine from a different topic which are written for patch 4.0 (Cataclysm) to the current date but are written in a manner which would automatically adapt to future patches so long as core mechanics are not altered again.
    hm yea well, i would like to test your macros but you pasted them wrong and the last strings are missing. also, since i'm currently into raid-tanking again after a few months pause and that whole "unhittable"-thing is kind of a mess for me ... what is the most reliable source to test if i'm unhittable (besides a billion logs with raid bosses hitting me in the face)? i tested Satrina's macro from here which is giving me other results than the protection-warrior-sheet from airowird (yea, i know those are buffed vs. unbuffed stats but the results don't make sense unless the sheet-numbers are scaled down to 100%). so i'm just looking for an easy, reliable solution to see my unhittabilty vs. raid bosses as a warrior, much thanks.

Get buffed, add you parry chance to dodge chance, then add that number to you block chance, now add 5, if that total is greater that 102.4%

if you can't be bothered doing that, there's an addon called Broker_unhittable that will do it and add a nice little bit to the character sheet

Code:
    /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage.  Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f",  GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5))
    Have fun.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Taryn View Post
    hm yea well, i would like to test your macros but you pasted them wrong and the last strings are missing. also, since i'm currently into raid-tanking again after a few months pause and that whole "unhittable"-thing is kind of a mess for me ... what is the most reliable source to test if i'm unhittable (besides a billion logs with raid bosses hitting me in the face)? i tested Satrina's macro from here which is giving me other results than the protection-warrior-sheet from airowird (yea, i know those are buffed vs. unbuffed stats but the results don't make sense unless the sheet-numbers are scaled down to 100%). so i'm just looking for an easy, reliable solution to see my unhittabilty vs. raid bosses as a warrior, much thanks.
    I'm not sure what you're getting at. They are all there in their entirety. You may have the scroll the CODE blocks however to see them all. This is an issue with the forum processing of the tags, not an issue with the text not being there.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

+ Reply to Thread