+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help, any suggestions welcome

Help, any suggestions welcome

I am looking for any suggestions for my bear.

I originaly had this toon for heroics since our raid tanks didn't like to do heroics but now we are getting a 2nd 25 man group up and running for ToC. From the current setup I don't think we will be going back to ulduar often.

Here is my armory information:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Did 2 runs on 25 man now as MT/OT and had the dps right on my tail for threat and growl missed a few times

Any suggestions to help my druid get closer being able to do ToC with out any issues, gear/talents.

Thanks

You shouldn't use Idol of Mutilation; use Idol of the Corrupter instead.
    You have horrible professions.

Some easily obtainable gear upgrades:
    Bracers of Swift Death (crusader orb LW recipe)
    Knightbane Carapace (crusader orb LW recipe)
    The neck from conqueror badges
    Footpads of Silence (runed orb leatherworking recipe)
    Death-warmed belt (runed orb LW recipe)
    legs from conqueror badges

Slightly harder things:
    Clutch of Fortification (triumph badges)
    Duskstalker shoulders (triumph badges)

Glyph of Mangle is horrible. This should never be taken as a bear. If you're having problems with Growl missing, take the glyph of growl.

Expertise is your #1 threat stat - twice as good as anything else. Consider getting expertise on gloves as an enchant.

Finally, my suspicion is that you're not mauling enough and not berserking often enough. All of your threat abilities - mangle, lacerate, swipe, faerie fire - and anything else you might use like demo roar and berserk - should be macroed, and they should look like
    /cast mangle
    /cast !maul

All of them. If you don't want to do that, fine - but every single time you do an autoattack you should maul. Every time. Without question.

While not directly threat related, you are missing Infected Wounds, meaning you likely take damage more then you should.

professions were due to this toon for heroics so went with farming professions.

I had just grabed Idol of Mutilation for a stop gap while I was doing heroics and ocasionaly doing dps, fully plan on getting Idol of the Corrupter once I got enough badges.

already using the macros to use maul with each attack for added threat

I havent checked my expertise, what is the cap or amount I should aim for
    What would the required hit be for bear tanks as well ?

I will work on getting the crafted crusader/runed orb gear then I'll start looking at the badge gear.

Would any of tier gear with trophies take precidence over the crusader orbe crafted or the 2 peices of badge gear listed ?

Realy havent changed or looked at glyphs since 3.1, so I know that they probably need to be changed, same with talent. I will adjust these as soon as possible. any suggested talent specs for tanking ? thanks

Your spec is reasonable.

It's odd that you wouldn't have enough badges to get the Idol of the Corrupter (which costs conq) vs. the idol of mutilation (which costs triumph).

The hit cap for bears is 263. The expertise is based on bosses having a 14.% chance to parry, meaning that with primal precision you need 46 expertise skill, or 378 expertise rating.

Tier gear with trophies would beat out (slightly) the duskstalker pauldrons. For you, they'd beat out the legs and gloves as well.

What is your standard rotation for attacking?
    Last edited by felhoof; 11-10-2009 at 03:11 PM.

rotation is usualy pull with FF, then use mangle, then stack lacerate and use mangle/FF when ever up off CD (all attack moves have maul on them via macro) and then using berserk and spaming mangle if I'm the MT with dps hitting the mob right off the start.

reason for the idol is for conq badges I was farming and then making gems to cut on my JC and sell, and was keeping the triumph badges from dailys.

I need to get more hit on my bear as well then, 178 self buffed, and expertise raiting only at 129.

any suggestions on gear priority ?

Use rawr for figuring out what the bgigest upgrade will be, but my guess is that your legs would be the highest upgrade you could get. Then likely the ring from triumph badges.

Also - are you swiping in there, somewhere?

I'd also recommend just starting with a ff on pull->mangle/lacerate/berserk rotation. Don't bother getting the lacerate stacks off. Just get a huge threat lead first, then do your lacerates.

I'd also suggest that in the future you save you triumph badges and spend conq. Conqs are easy to come by. You could have just sold 15 triumph badges for a crusader orb for 700g and picked up 4 gems instead.

oh, yah im using swipe once lacerate is at 5 and then just doing lacerates to keep up the 5 stack

currently i was saving triumph cause I didnt get many, but now with doing ToC 10 and 25 i will be saving them for gear
    I also planon farming for heroics for conq badges for gear/orbs
    Last edited by Kelset; 11-10-2009 at 07:56 PM.

well, now im up to:
    (just MoTW)
    37587 HP
    29667 AC
    38.95% dodge
    205 hit
    upgraded to the 2 crafted items from ulduar (guild had orbs growing dust)
    got the Idol of Mutilation
    now farming heroics for more badges for rest of the gear

but with those changes down to 16 expertise from 25 (also changed glove enchant to expertise)

going to be looking for the glove enchant mention.
    also changed enchant for boots to tuskarr vitality unless I should go for the 22 vitality one.

I have also switched all gems to 30 stam except for the agility on my weapon to keep the meta active.

any other suggested changes for enchants and such ?

thanks
    Last edited by Kelset; 11-11-2009 at 07:51 PM.

finished with last of my heroic runs and got everything felhoof suggested except:
    Slightly harder things:
    Clutch of Fortification (triumph badges)
    Duskstalker shoulders (triumph badges)
    Also got the tanking ring from Ony 10man

currently my stats are sitting at (GoTW & Blackened Dragonfin)
    40807 HP
    30119 Armor
    40.26% Dodge
    437 Defence
    280 Hit
    11 Expertise
    (would this be viable for 10man ToGC or just up to 25 ToC ? trying to figure where to push to for upgrades)

with the changes suggested by felhoof everthing went up (least a little bit) except expertiese.

Any suggestions for gear to keep an eye out for that would help get expertise back up ? and what would be advised to drop for hit since I'm now over 263 hit ?

Also should any of the enchants be adjusted on my gear ?
    The World of Warcraft Armory

I already adjusted my spec so I took the 1 point from Omen of Clarity and put it into Infected Wounds ( I know this might not be optimal but I still help a couple friends with farming for mounts and it is usualy just me and a dps class so need the bit of healing from Improved Leader of the Pack)

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Kelset; 11-17-2009 at 01:17 PM.

Glyph of survival instincts. drop glyph of maul.

take the point out of infected wounds and put it back in OoC. Then take all 3 points out of imp mangle and get 3/3 infected wounds. Infected wounds is one of those talents where you want 3 or none (especially if you are running with a DK as they all use icy touch which is 14% base)

take the point out of infected wounds and put it back in OoC.
    taking the point out of infected wounds (if you have only one) I agree with; putting it into OoC I really can't. OoC does nothing for bears.

+ Reply to Thread