+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help for a small pally big heart

Need help for a small pally big heart

Okay 1st off want to say AWESOME site really helping me out being a newbie tank. (long time dps)

so few questions I have to ask:

1) Been finding it harder to hold aggro from all the locks out there even if they do the shatter how do I stop that?
    (note I have SoV on and RF and I use my taunts and all that jazz I buff up with GBS should I change that to GBM?)

2) Well no brainer my gear any tips will be nice
    The World of Warcraft Armory

3) addons: foolishly I have been playing the game without any addons and when I tried it man I was booting myself for not getting them sooner. I have Xperl, omen, recount, pallypower, and nUI. anymore I should get?
    and how does one get recount and omen to work on the screen? (got recount and omen before nUI and did /recount show and /omen show and wont show)

4) Got a 10 man eoe raid on the go the weekend and I would like to know best classes or well rounded group to bring with me (ty for the movie clips btw)

1) Tell them to take their ritalin again. If your threat is at it's maximum, and your taunts/hand of salvation can't do the trick, it's the dpser's problem to throttle down.
    3) Pallypower or ZOMGbuffs are excellent to manage blessings. Frames like xperl/grid/pitbull take long hours to set up, but if you end up with something clean and that you like, raiding is more comfortable. Omen is a must and...uhh..there's not much more really. Some people like Aloft to manage nameplates, but I've done without. Ah, a combat text addon like Parrot helps you figure out when you actually got hit, and how much your abilities helped, same for missing critical abilities.
    Omen usually has a minimap icon you can use. /omen config(i think) or opening menu->interface->addons->omen will open your config screen. Most addons can be found there.

ty I was wondering the addon for the combat text and the other info

Check out dominos or bartender too, they let you set up your toolbars exactly the way you want them.

Satriana's Buff Frames - lets you move your buffs/debuff icons around and generally configure them. it also lets you make new buff frames for specific things like tank cooldowns.

For EoE, bring a strong tank healer and a healing class with HoTs as they will help people survive the whirlwinds. A group heavy on ranged DPS makes life easier and a DK who can deathgrip the sparks to a convenient place is tres handy.

Also, fix your gems. Defense enchant on your chest will let you drop most of those defense gems and get a net gain in stam. The +10 stats in your belt bucke should be stam. Don't worry about socket bonuses unless they are strong (~+10 or better)

Spend some badges on Signet of the Impregnable Fortress to solve your defense problems entirely.

There are also better professions than skinning for tanks - try JC or mining.

Good luck with EoE!
    Last edited by Griff; 11-17-2009 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Check out dominos or bartender too, they let you set up your toolbars exactly the way you want them.

Satriana's Buff Frames - lets you move your buffs/debuff icons around and generally configure them. it also lets you make new buff frames for specific things like tank cooldowns.

For EoE, bring a strong tank healer and a healing class with HoTs as they will help people survive the whirlwinds. A group heavy on ranged DPS makes life easier and a DK who can deathgrip the sparks to a convenient place is tres handy.

Also, fix your gems. Defense enchant on your chest will let you drop most of those defense gems and get a net gain in stam. The +10 stats in your belt bucke should be stam. Don't worry about socket bonuses unless they are strong (~+10 or better)

Spend some badges on Signet of the Impregnable Fortress to solve your defense problems entirely.

There are also better professions than skinning for tanks - try JC or mining.

Good luck with EoE!
    ty for the info and i'll make the changes I need to im a mining and skinning (cash cows and buffs). My Shaman is a jc and i have a great enchanter conctact. I wanted to know because I have alot of people signing up for it and I think they would understand if I was picky

+ Reply to Thread