+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TPS no where near where it needs to be

TPS no where near where it needs to be

Frost tank.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Is my gear and Spec.

I am having a great amount of trouble holding threat.

Looking for sound advice

gear isnt everything, rotation is also a big part of it too, what is ur rotation
    you wanna stay alive...stick with me

D&D, IT, PS, BS, OB HB(if it is a group of mobs which a lot of times it is),Pest, BB DC C

Will be happy to respec, re glyph, and try any rotation. Just need SOUND advice.
    Last edited by Smitery; 11-15-2009 at 09:16 PM.

Hit rating and expertise are really low - 280 and 26. Spec looks fine other than epidemic which is not usually taken for frost. Are you undergeared compared to the dps?

You could gain some threat by speccing out of epidemic and into 3/3 scent of blood. Make sure you have Rune Strike bound to all of your abilities. i.e.

#Show Obliterate
    /cast Rune Strike
    /cast Obliterate

Know your rotation and what ability you're going to be using next. Tap the ability while your runes refresh, this will make sure Rune Strike is always used when it's available.

Like Vine said, your Hit and Expertise are quite low, this will cause a lot of your abilities to miss, thus lowering your threat. I run low hit personally, but my expertise is higher than minimum which somewhat makes up for it. I'd regem a bit to get some expertise, run 10expertise/15 stamina in red sockets, 10hit/15 stamina in yellows.

Your rotation is a little off. For groups of mobs I: HB, DnD, BB, Blood Tap, BB. The only time I bother with a PS/Pestilence is on Onyxia Whelps, this might be poor execution on my part, but I just don't see a need otherwise.

Single Target: IT, PS, OB, BS, BS,(Runes Refresh) OB, OB, OB, rinse and repeat.

Never use Death Coil as Frost, Frost strike is far superior. I generally only use Frost Strike when I'm at 100RP so I'm guaranteed to have the RP for Rune Strike, Or Mind Freeze on Jaraxxus.

With your Hit the at its current state I might suggest running Glyph of Dark Command in place of Death and Decay. I personally had one night of bad luck on Gormok and switched to it without looking back. Regardless, as frost, Glyph of DnD really isn't needed. If you're not going to run Dark Command, I'd suggest either Obliterate or Frost Strike, personally favoring the former.

As a side note, don't gem for Parry, we gain more from Dodge rating point-for-point. Also, it's totally personal preference, but I'd drop some defense to boost your EH.

Switch to the 30sta/15 resi shoulder enchant (10k honor in Org) 16 def on cloak to 225 armor. Dropping the 10 to all stats in favor of 275 health to chest is a personal preference of mine, some swear by 10stats whatever floats your boat

Hope this is is helpful :]

Edit: You might want to check out Power Auras Classic - Addons - Curse for tracking Killing Machine/Rime procs (among a number of other things) I find it really useful to know Killing Machine has procced without having to look at my buff bar.

Some done

OK I replaced some gems and an enchant. A couple of glyphs, and moved the points as mentioned and took up the new rotation. What are my goals for Hit Rating / Expertise?

Idealy you want at minimum 26 expertise. The hit cap is 262 rating (or 8%) I personally value expertise higher than hit, some people swear by the hit cap. Although as a DK more of our our attacks go off of hit (IT, D.Command, DG, BB). I currently only run 157 hit/33expertise and don't have any threat problems. Granted, I run a lot of PuG's so I don't usually have top geared DPS laying into the the mob.

I'd definitely aim for the 26 expertise, it'll come once you get more from ToC, it seems to be loaded with expertise and very little hit.

+ Reply to Thread