+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Gearscore is required for ToGC?

What Gearscore is required for ToGC?

i use an addon called Gear Score GearScore : WoWInterface Downloads : ToolTip, great little addon that tells you ppls gearscore that u have past on ur way round the wow universe, i was just wondering what gearscore would be ideal for ToGC 10 and 25 man, and if you think im geared enough for them?

The World of Warcraft Armory

Gearscore is a horrible addon for checking if players will do well. I've been using it for a while now and what I see is that gearscore is the worst way to see if someone is ready for a raid or not.

I've even found an addon that's just as good, if not better then gearscore. Check NameScore : WoWInterface Downloads : Mini Games/ROFL

You should be good enough if you have a good group.
    like orcstar said. Gear score is a horrible way to judge people. Gear is easy to get, good players are not.

I come from a server where people, thank god, don't use gear scores to determine skill. If I'm running something mildly hard for pugs, I tab out, go to The World of Warcraft Armory, and check to see if everything looks mostly decent. Armory tells you a lot more than a silly number- it shows you talents, glyphs, non-retarded itemization/gemming, etc. If I'm not running anything difficult, then I don't armory because it doesn't quite matter.

/edit Off a a gearscore rant, you look fine. Your gear quality is good enough for both instances, and your itemization shows you at least understand basic mechanics of your class/role. You seem perfectly puggable to me!
    Last edited by Ariedan; 11-15-2009 at 03:56 PM.

i dont use gearscore to judge ppl, thats y u ask ppl to link there achievements, i just use it 2 get a base score for there over all gear, i would like to know what score would be ideal for ToGC?
    Last edited by Ltseb; 11-15-2009 at 03:58 PM.

That question is really hard to answer.
    The Northrend beasts is a timer based encounter. You should use that as a measure to see if your group is ready. To beat that timer you need to be able to do a minimum amount of dps. Some groupsetups will benefit and elevate eachothers dps and other setups will do that less.
    To get the dps you need you need to also take class into consideration. Some classes are below other classes in same quality gear.

Because there's so much things to consider, I can't give you a gearscore for ToGC. Because some really highgearscore groups will do bad because of the groupcomposition and other low-gearscore groups will do very well because of good synergy.

(edit)I checked your gear and you're ready to go rock and roll ToGC 10 and 25. (well maybe not rock and roll, but you're ready. (always takes 2 stacks of indestructible potions, they're godly, the first you drink 2 seconds before you go into combat and the second when icehowl enters the stage.)
    (/edit)
    Last edited by orcstar; 11-15-2009 at 04:16 PM.

hmmmm yea true

I seriously believe that namescore is a better mod for determining how good a player may be than gearscore.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Ltseb View Post
    i dont use gearscore to judge ppl, thats y u ask ppl to link there achievements, i just use it 2 get a base score for there over all gear, i would like to know what score would be ideal for ToGC?
    Ugh please ... basic understanding of their, there and they're.

Achievements mean even less than gear score. Any time I want to join a pug where they request you link an achievement I pick one at random from my list.
    Someone could join a pug, stand in fires, go afk, fail at everything but get pulled through the instance then tadaa achievement!

Last one I got was for VoA 25, the guy was standing right next to me targeting me and asking me to link Flame Watcher achievement. He got something along the lines of Plenty of Pets. Totgc 25 gear > VoA 25 link.

Well, gear score aside, what would you suggest as the minimum dps score for lets say TOGC 10 man.

I'm asking this only because I was told that you needed about 5k sustained on a single target.

Looking to see if it is really that stringent or if the guy was just trying to overpower the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillias View Post
    Well, gear score aside, what would you suggest as the minimum dps score for lets say TOGC 10 man.
    Done ToGC10 beasts with an average dps of about 4.5k. But that fight is as much about coordination as it is dps numbers, same with Jaraxxus. Twins and Anub specifically need more dps than that though, imo.

To get a full clear without a lot of failed attempts, 5-5.5k sustained sounds about right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Niian View Post

Achievements mean even less than gear score. Any time I want to join a pug where they request you link an achievement I pick one at random from my list.
    Someone could join a pug, stand in fires, go afk, fail at everything but get pulled through the instance then tadaa achievement!

I completely agree. I actually once got denied from a Malygos 10 PuG on my alt warlock (who probably has a gear score higher than anyone else that was in that raid since I'm mostly 245, 251, and 264 gear on him) because I couldn't link the achievement, even though I got 6 minute maly back in the day (early apirl) when it was somewhat hard (before ulduar came out) on my warrior and have been leading malygos raids for over a year. I'm also in the top guild on the server, but none of it meant anything to this guy because I couldn't link the achieve on my warlock, he went so far as to tell me to shutup. I was flabbergasted.
    Last edited by Aggathon; 01-04-2010 at 01:44 PM.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Bashal View Post
    Done ToGC10 beasts with an average dps of about 4.5k. But that fight is as much about coordination as it is dps numbers, same with Jaraxxus. Twins and Anub specifically need more dps than that though, imo.

To get a full clear without a lot of failed attempts, 5-5.5k sustained sounds about right to me.
    I agree.

4.5k dps is the bare minimum for togc10. If I were running it in a pug, I'd only go if everyone was at least 5k+ to ensure a smooth clear.

+ Reply to Thread