+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trinkets.. again.

Trinkets.. again.

Hello.
    Now, i know there are a lot of threads about the trinkets, but they aren't answering my question..
    My guild just downed Beast in 25 HM, and I really want to optimize my gear for further ToC HM wiping. I'm normally using Rawr to calculate upgrades - keeping in mind it does some funny things sometimes - but it rates Black Heart as much higher than Satrina's Impeding Scarab. I ran with Satrina and Bubblebrew since I'm really a stamina-holic, but I'm getting the idea that armor is getting more and more attractive.
    I just bough Glyph of Indomitably and will use that for more physical fights as Beast or Algalon but I'm in doubt of whether i should farm Black Heart or maybe even Fevor of the Frostborn?

TL.DR - Which trinket combination should i use? Glyph/Satrina's/Fevor/Black Heart?

I'm really in doubt of high i should rate the armor part vs. pure stam.
    The World of Warcraft Armory for armory. Oh and I was slacking around with the meta. I have a dodge/stam in my MH and the Stam+Armor meta in my head instead now.

Thanks
    Kasmodrin

Definitely not Fevor, all it has a some dodge and a bad proc. In my opinion Satrina's is a lock and it becomes between Glyph and The Black Heart, I like the Glyph more than the Black Heart because buffed it gives more EH and it's on use is just as valuable as the Black Heart's proc.

My EHP calcs have always shown heart of iron/brewfest trinkets/scarab(jug's vit) well over the EHP value of Glyph of indom. Glyph of indom also won't help on Lord, FC, or Twin Valks. If you're MTing on Anub'Arak then it is an absolute must. If you're OTing you'll probably want to use gnomeragan autoblocker 600 and laventhor's talisman. Since I OT Anub, I've never picked up the Glyph, but it also depends on your gear/armor values, healer preference, and if you prefer absorbing an amount of damage over having more raw HPS. I personally figure as long as I can take the hit I can usually be healed, so I choose whichever gives more EHP, be it armor or stam. The proc on scarab is also damn nice. Run the EHP calcs for yourself though and see what it turns out to be.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Look at my armory The World of Warcraft Armory

Change glyphs = I use Divine Plea / Seal of Vengeance / Avenger Shield's
    You could change your talents alittle like mine too , since they're more usefull while tanking Worms and ulduar bosses/adds whattanot.

Change 16 defense from cloak to 225 armor.
    Change 20 defense from shield to 18 stamina.
    Change 22 defense from chest to 275 health.

Use Satrina / Brewfest trinkets like i do and if you have option get Satrina's 25 HC version.

No point using AS glyph. It's not part of our normal rotation, and the extra threat on two targets outweighs 100% more threat on one.

Personally 2 points in vindication is better than the two points in Conviction.

Powerful stats to chest is more beneficial than 275 hp.
    Agreed with mighty armour on cloak
    Defence on shield outweighs 18 stam imo.

I am always MT'ing in totgc 10/25 so im using AS glyph for better threat people likes to full nuke at start and likely to overaggro.

Talents are discuissable , i just prefer my style

Avoidance doesnt give you as much benefit as hp do. at least in TotGC 25 you wont get anywhere there with less than 50k raid buffed

Quote Originally Posted by Kajllersyn View Post
    I am always MT'ing in totgc 10/25 so im using AS glyph for better threat people likes to full nuke at start and likely to overaggro.

Talents are discuissable , i just prefer my style

Avoidance doesnt give you as much benefit as hp do. at least in TotGC 25 you wont get anywhere there with less than 50k raid buffed
    True true.
    I MT/OT both 10/25 totgc, Hand of reckoning then shield for threat. Our hunters/rogues tricks at the start and that's a big enough lead.
    That said ... DPS do like to flex their epeen

I sit at around 52k raid buffed, without the hp enchants :P
    Each to their own really.

I don't agree with Powerful Stats over Super Health. Though I don't really like either - despite TotC favouring EH greatly, I can't help but feel that 22 Def is the best use of budget for that particular armor piece. Agreed on cloak being Mighty Armor but I steer clear of 18 Stam on Shield usually, simply because it's far worse from an iLevel perspective.

While much of TotC can't be avoided, it helps the healers a lot if you're avoiding most of what comes at you that isn't a special. I favour EH, but not to the point of using a sub-optimal enchant. Like Niian, I'm sitting at 52k raid buffed when I use Satrina's and a Brewfest. So aye, to each his own.

I tank both as MT and OT in ToC 10/25 and on hardmodes as well. I'll change my cloak enchant and I'll change my Hammer glyph as well since I mostly used it running Ulduar hardmodes where I tended to aoe tank alot - solo tanking Thorim arena and such. Probably going SoV glyph instead.
    Thanks for the replies guys.

+ Reply to Thread