+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm really confused on doing naxx

I'm really confused on doing naxx

Ok so I read up on getting geared for Naxx. I got 540 defense after week of hustling. What I don't understand now is why everyone tell me that I'm not really for Naxx? I though 540 was the minium I needed to be considered for tanking. Everyone tell me I need 33-38k just the tank Naxx. I was also told that I couldn't do heroics because of my low health. Here is my armory (http://http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodscalp&n=Pappapump) I'm so pissed right now because I read up on everything for the last 3 weeks. I know certain tank pieces I have are blues. I'm getting the 8.5 chest and Helm this week. But what am I doing wrong. Where I'm going to find 5k more of health? Just to do heroics? Can someone guide me here or give updated guide of requirements? Sorry about my tone.....I'm just really pissed about this because I really want to get some exp as tank and move to the next level.

well armory isnt working atm (what a surprise) but basically those ppl are complete idiots. u said u 'need' another 5k hp, so ill assume ur at ~28K which is MORE than enough to naxx. hell i did naxx with like 25k buffed when it first came out. im pretty sure u couldnt even hit a bit over 30k hp in naxx gear alone.

these ppl are pretty much insecure about themselves being fail and expect a group of ppl to carry their sorry asses thru naxx. its tru that pugs expect a 'higher' gear lvl for content, but to say ur not ready is a complete joke. u are well enough ready to do naxx with 540def and ~28k hp.

imo, these arent the ppl u want to be running with anyway tbh.

also, who is telling u that u arent ready for naxx? randoms or guildies? either way the need to L2play and step up THEIR game a bit

33k-38k is ulduar-toc25 hp levels, you can safely tank naxx25 comfortably with pug healers around 25-28k unbuffed. you dont need the 38k, but most people running naxx these days are just badge farmers and want a quick, easy run from my experience. and even then, you should be fine to offtank fights easily with 25k (raid buffs basically add ~10k more hp anyways).
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

I MTed Naxx25 back in the day with 25k unbuffed specced/gemmed for threat because the content doesn't warrant going fatty for it. 25k unbuffed works out around 30k+ buffed and that more than enough for 10 or 25 man naxx. My progression set if 40k unbuffed, but i don't wear it when i'm in heroics. I switch to my block set, which is under 30k, for speed. When someone goes "HAI! whard ur halth go?" I tell them to shut up or tank it them selves.

Basically what it boils down to is people want to be carried and they think that a large health pool equates a geared/skilled tank.

I MT'd naxx in like... Sunwell/T6 gear and random quest/heroic blues. I think MAYBE around 28-30k HP. Imo if you're def capped and know how to use cooldowns well you'll be fine. The only hard fights I'd imagine would be patchwerk, thaddius, and saphiron. And if you can survive patchwerk you can probably survive the other 2.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

i would happily heal a tank threw nax with 25k so i dont know what this 30k for naxx thing is on about :S

but if it bothers you farm badges, find a healer (pref a guildie) and farm H.

i think your gear is fine for H.

best of luck mate. you will be tanking IC before u know it. be sure to come here regularly. as most tanks come here to learn. and every tank has to go threw the stage your going threw now. so dont feel belittled.

30k was like the Holy Grail of HP back in the day when Naxx was place to gear up. If I recall correctly, and I have tanked it a while, Patch hit the hardest in Naxx25 and his hatefuls were were around 15K after armor. You're fine for Naxx,

I was geared far, far worse when we started Naxx as well. The only real criticism I have is that you haven't stuck enchants on your BP, cloak, hands, pants, shoulders, bracers, or weapon. You also have one of the most non-standard prot builds ever. But nothing that should keep you from being able to tank Naxx if you're paying attention.

lol i did naxx with 21.5k hp the day after i hit 80.. was a little messy but a few days later when i had 24k it was a walk in the park.. of undead things... anyone that thinks you arn't geared enough needs to l2p >:\..

btw throw more enchants on your gear and fix your spec =\ the classic 15/5/51 build i would recommend for naxx

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicatar View Post
    well armory isnt working atm (what a surprise) but basically those ppl are complete idiots. u said u 'need' another 5k hp, so ill assume ur at ~28K which is MORE than enough to naxx. hell i did naxx with like 25k buffed when it first came out. im pretty sure u couldnt even hit a bit over 30k hp in naxx gear alone.

these ppl are pretty much insecure about themselves being fail and expect a group of ppl to carry their sorry asses thru naxx. its tru that pugs expect a 'higher' gear lvl for content, but to say ur not ready is a complete joke. u are well enough ready to do naxx with 540def and ~28k hp.

imo, these arent the ppl u want to be running with anyway tbh.

also, who is telling u that u arent ready for naxx? randoms or guildies? either way the need to L2play and step up THEIR game a bit
    Both guildies and pugs. this is what go me so confused. I"m at 25k unbuffed. I haven't enchanted all of my pieces yet either.

Thank guys. I knew I was very close. I followed the guides to the teeth. Thanks for putting up my confidence back up. I'll start to run my on naxx this week. Thanks you all.

It's not easy to start fresh as tank now. People are spoiled from running with tanks who were gearing for damn long, and have really high stats.
    I'd say your best bet is to find healer confident in your skill, and run things with him/her. Nothing is stronger in PUG, than tank-healer coalition .

The problem with these threads is that people must not realize what point in the expansion we're at. It's like this every time. When there are several tiers of content available, easily obtainable badge gear through heroic farming and things like VoA/heroic dailies, most people are the mindset of, "He can be easily geared without ever stepping foot into a raid zone." It's not that people are lazy and want to be "carried" as many people put it, but rather, it doesn't make sense to most of them to settle for less if a person can be relatively geared in a day's hard work.

With that said, (since you're in your dps gear when I looked) if you feel your gear and your health pool more are than acceptable, politely tell them as much! Stand up for yourself and expand on your knowledge of the content and tanking. Tanks are an iffy thing to pug, so prove to these naysayers you're confident.

One thing though. From your initial post i'm guessing that you're not very experienced at tanking. All those people who say they did it with less gear/health did it at a time when chain wiping on naxx was normal for the day. And most probably had good experience to let them cover up for the lack of gear.

If you're not really that experienced, it's highly that you may cause a few wipes. And in todays environment, that's a few wipes too many before people start leaving.

I would really suggest doing some heroics first to get the feel for tanking, how to position, when to use cooldowns, etc. Reading is one thing, doing it is something else. Seeing it as dps doesnt quite qualify as being able to tank it. By that time you should also have gathered some badges for a few upgrades anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Vallista View Post
    Both guildies and pugs. this is what go me so confused. I"m at 25k unbuffed. I haven't enchanted all of my pieces yet either.
    Although you easily have enough health, having gear that isnt enchanted doesnt look good and that could be part of the reason why.
    Xíanth <Valkyria>

i tanked patch with 27k hp no probs altho i think my avoidance was quite high
    i agree with fledern tho
    being lower geared an unexperianced gives you a lot less room for errors

Well I'm going to really start playing as tank this week. I'll go thru and tank some heroes and reg the make sure of my skills. Then I'll try naxx and move on from there.

+ Reply to Thread