+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP Arms Woes vs Resto Druids

PVP Arms Woes vs Resto Druids

First i would like to state I am a long time reader and first time poster so thanks to all of you for the info I have gotten off this site. Your site is the most important sources of information I have found to date.

Well as of right now im in the 1200 bracket for 2v2s I play arms 60/11/0 my partner is a holy pally 54/17/0 both are in the furious gear lvl save for neither of us have the weapons.

We ran into a team last night that was an arms warrior and resto druid. The arms warrior was horribly geared. If I remember he had 20k hps after being buffed with commanding shout and motw. The druid on the other hand was full relentless. It took us about a minute to kill off their warrior, so we believed we had an easy finish with only the healer left. To our dismay we could not find the burst to take down the druid. Between the war stomps cyclones roots and shapeshifting to get out of snares it was just impossible. After 47 mins in the arena we finally got booted out of the match and did not receive a win or a loss (some form of a tie), but the thing that truely was a slap in the face was the loss of 16 points even though we had the upper hand.

Im looing for advice on how to kill resto druids. We were timing burst stuns even to the point where my partner was swinging a two hander for extra damage. I was jumping to berserker for recklessness using pummel macros pally stuns and not once did we get this guy down to 20%. I know the 1k resilience on the druid didnt help our cause but is there something i'm missing on how to shut down a resto druid. Its really frustrating not being able to kill a healer with two decently geared pvpers.

Were you timing your CC/stuns with when his HoTs finished? It's really hard to kill a druid when he has his HoT's rolling.

Imo you were just outgeared, Eor with +85ap, no pve like 2xt9, no arp proc trinket, and still gemming full arp all means ur damage output is significantly lower than a Relentless geared player.

Sure you dont need all those bits and bobs but generally unless u can get around 30% passive arp stacking it isnt benificial, ur packing like 25-30% arp from gems alone. Chucking t9 chest and shoulders in along with a healm will increase ur damage output considerably.

and tbh the Resiliance loss is worth it due to the heafty damage gains meaning ul kill things quicker.

My 2 cents

Obviously this druid was carrying the warrior - he outgeared and outplayed you. What weapon were you using? Were 5 sunders up (I very rarely use sunders but in this situation you should), did you keep rend and MS up? Was your paladin giving you freedom when you were rooted? Were you interrupting his cyclones and roots? Were you reapplying hamstring the instant he changed forms (or get him with piercing howl if he gets out of melee range)? Another thing you can practice is predicting when he is going to try to root you and put up spell reflect (he kites you away from your paladin behind a pillar - guarantee you're about to get CC'd). Bladestorming out of roots can give you a kill sometimes as well.

Yes unfortunately my gear is not the best i fill the role of MT for my guild and hence weapons come last to me so EoR is the best i can get atm. And unfortunately the PVE t9 shoulders and chest I would get but I am not done spending triumph emblems on PVE set quite yet.

We were both timing stuns after the hots ended and more towards the end we were looking for when the innervate ended. I normally do not apply sunders but i did manage to keep him five stacked the entire time. As far as the snaring goes it was the least of our concerns we didnt have too many issues with staying in range, as hamstring is one of my spams in situations like this.

So in a nutshell pick up Grim Toll or the Runestone, get a better weapon and dump resilience gear for more output? How much Resilience would you guys recommend for 2k arenas? And to be honest i would like just a quick number on armor pen rating, Ive read loads of forums on ArPen and they all have different numbers. I tried STR but when i gemmed arpen my burst went up big time, so i decided to stick with it. Is there anything my partner can do to get more burst to help out as well? like ive heard of prot spec with holy gear how effective is that versus the holy prot version?

Again thanks for all the info, im glad i took this to you guys already getting good info and its only been an hour.

+ Reply to Thread