+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EH or Avoidance?

EH or Avoidance?

Alright i just need to ask an honest question. I'm hearing two sides to one story and im honestly wondering. Is EH or Avoidance better for a tank given the current content? Reason i ask this is because i have gotten into multitude of arguements with my guilds main pally tank who praises being avoidance capped but i have seen him multiple times get completely destroyed by Gormok's impale as well as a couple of other bosses in ToTC 25. While myself being a warrior tank who is based toward EH can take the hits that Gormok and the other bosses can dish out?

So i guess the real question here is what tank is right and what tank is wrong and whoever answers can you leave the reasons other than Gormok's impale. It would be much appreciated .

The World of Warcraft Armory my armory link.
    The World of Warcraft Armory Main pally tanks armory link.

^^ for anyone who was curious of our stats and such.

EH > Avoidance, your pally is wrong and also logged out in ret gear.

Edit: your pally is also probably talking about being unhittable (aka block+miss+parry+dodge > 102.6%) not avoidance capped. Pallies get unhittable with holy shield fairly easily, warriors have a harder time with it since we ahve to be passively unhittable.

But seriously. You're pretty much doing it right. There are a few gem choices I might change, but really it comes down to prefrence and we end up quibbling over a total of like 9 stam for a tradeoff of some avoidance stats. It's an arguement that's... well... see above picture. So ya... I don't see any problems with your gemming/gearing/enchanting. It's why you're living and he's not.
    Last edited by Aggathon; 11-14-2009 at 08:49 PM.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Thank you very much Aggathon. This really does answer a few questions i've had for a while now.

What pieces do you think i should honestly work on changing or getting replaced asap?

Quote Originally Posted by Nualroy View Post
    Thank you very much Aggathon. This really does answer a few questions i've had for a while now.

What pieces do you think i should honestly work on changing or getting replaced asap?
    Honestly your gear looks fairly solid.

The weakest pieces are:
    Neck - but is still good only upgrade is heroic 10 man and 25 man

Weapon - The two from heroic 10 man (horde versions are "ardent defender" and "blood and glory", idk what the alliance ones are called), and Burnished Quel'Serrar are all upgrades. So is Sorthalis from XT Hardmode and Shiver from 10 man Ulduar.

Rings - definitely get clutch of fortification. I even use it over the heroic version of the ring from anub'arak 25 unless there is a magical component to the fight (idk if it has a different name on alliance side, band of the traitor king horde side). Replace the signet first. Other rings: Twin Band of the Valk'yr, Band of the Traitor king. One of those can replace the platinum band of the assir, and actually the one from ToC5 might be an EH upgrade too, but it has zero defense on it.

Chest - If you don't get the one from ToC to drop (the one from H-NRB is BiS), I'd suggest getting the breastplate of the white knight made.

Bracers - You can make saronite swordbreakers, they are slightly better than what you currently have.

Maybe belt? But I mean... Rings/Weapon I would focus on first, the clutch of foritification (emblem ring) is pretty much BA, so I'd say spend your next emblems on that, then focus on your chest. Maybe the chest first since it might be a bigger upgrade, I guess it depends on how well you can afford 8 crusader orbs and/or get ahold of them. Helm of Wrath is also pretty awesome, just keep running ony 25 and get it if it drops.

You're really doing fairly decently on gear, I wouldn't worry about it too much. But those are the next logical upgrades in my opinion.

Oh: and side note for ToGC 25 progression: Drop Devastate and Revenge glyphs and pick up Last Stand and Shield Wall. You'll need 'em. Also drop 2 points in cruelty and put them into imp disciplines.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Alrighty i'll start working on those upgrades asap. Thanks for your help Aggathon.

+ Reply to Thread