+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Roarc UI

thanks so much! i love this ui

Roarc, as a long time addon enthusiast, I have to say, you do an amazing job putting this all together, from the look and performance of the compilation to the ease of use for anyone else trying to get it set up on their own box. ~Kudos! I have to say that you and Xav have the best two sets, BY FAR! I choose yours because there are a few elements of yours I like a bit more, but Xav does good work too. Anyway, I hope you don't stop making this available any time soon, that would be terrible!

Now, on to my question: I have noticed one small, fairly insignificant thing after installing the comp. Both the Video and Audio settings from your box get transferred over as well, obviously. The issue arises when I try to adjust the audio to my personal preference...I am unable to hear all of the sounds in the background music, and you can hear the audio "crackling" at times, so on and so forth. The point is, I am trying to determine if there is a safe and easy way to simply reset the audio and/or video so that the game simply reverts back to the original defaults the next time I start the game and log in. Or, perhaps, there is a way to fix the audio and video as is so that it can work properly. Any advice you have for me would be appreciated!

You rock! /bump
    <> Karius of Khadgar <>
    Level 80 Protection Warrior

Thanks Karius!
    Well all my settings get transferred so if you're:

a) Running a Windows PC (highly likely)
    b) Running a different GPU / CPU setup (highly likely)

It's likely you want to change your Audio and Video settings. The only thing important for my settings to work is a resolution of 1680x1050.

There is a "Defaults" button in the VIDEO as well as the SOUND settings. Clicking those would revert most settings back I'd think.

I have my volume set quite low as I tend to focus more on what's said on vent over whats happening in-game. I also have my default game sound output to my SB WoW Headset, not sure if that's screwing things up for you? Might be some add-on messing with your audio-output also.

Well, I just wanted you to know that doing the simple "Reset" button for each seems to have worked. Sorry for such a newbie-bewbie question, but I just came back from a two year hiatus from the game, and it's taking a bit to totally re-acclimate myself. However, I am very glad that I did - I didn't realize how much I missed WoW. Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that this solution works for sure in case anyone else has that problem...oh, and I agree with you about what to be listening to - if you raid, Vent has priority. (Have you heard of the Dolby Axon Voice Chat Client? Is it any good? It looks like it would be, but I haven't heard anything about it) :

https://axon.dolby.com/create.php?ut...250-Headphones

And, yeah, I actually am a Mac fiend...I literally just received my new 27" iMac Core i5, which is part of what promted me to begin playing the game again (previously, I was using the base mdel regular macbook, and it simply didn't have enough juice to run WoW properly, especially trying to raid or in Dal, and it made the game absolutely unbearable). Anyway, the good news is that this new iMac lets me do just about whatever I want, including max out WoW settings and still get a steady 65fps, even in Dal. It's my first time to see this game like this, and it's amazing! The iMac has a resolution of 2560x1440, but your and Xav's UI's both worked on this comp, so it's all good. I had to share that with someone, because I am having an insane time now. =D Thanks again for all your hard work - it's great to see people take pride in the things they do!
    Last edited by Karius; 05-30-2010 at 07:59 PM.
    <> Karius of Khadgar <>
    Level 80 Protection Warrior

hello this is the error i get when i sign on upon installing ur ui
    Message: ...erface\AddOns\Ace2\AceConsole-2.0\AceConsole-2.0.lua:2582: AceTab-2.0: Cannot register frame "ChatFrameEditBox"; it does not exist
    Time: 05/31/10 16:36:48
    Count: 1
    Stack: Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:61 1: in function `Register'
    ...erface\AddOns\Ace2\AceConsole-2.0\AceConsole-2.0.lua:2688: in main chunk
    Locals: self = <table> {
    GetLibraryVersion = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:5 85
    GetInstance = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:4 79
    IterateLibraries = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:7 23
    Register = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:5 34
    scannedlibs = <table> {
    }
    error = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:7 5
    libs = <table> {
    }
    IsNewVersion = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:4 17
    argCheck = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:1 29
    pcall = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:1 67
    HasInstance = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:4 46
    frame = <unnamed> {
    }
    positions = <table> {
    }
    finalizedExternalLibs = <table> {
    }
    }
    newInstance = <table> {
    }
    major = "AceConsole-2.0"
    minor = 91094
    activateFunc = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceConsole-2.0\AceConsole-2.0.lua:2648
    deactivateFunc = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:5 14
    externalFunc = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceConsole-2.0\AceConsole-2.0.lua:2574
    data = nil
    instance = <table> {
    CustomPrint = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceConsole-2.0\AceConsole-2.0.lua:468
    RegisterChatCommand = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceConsole-2.0\AceConsole-2.0.lua:2298
    CancelScheduledEvent = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:464
    argCheck = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:1 29
    CancelAllScheduledEvents = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:574
    ScheduleEvent = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:440
    registry = <table> {
    }
    TriggerEvent = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:233
    IsEventScheduled = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:482
    IsBucketEventRegistered = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:711
    InjectAceOptionsTable = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceConsole-2.0\AceConsole-2.0.lua:2473
    ScheduleLeaveCombatAction = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:802
    CancelAllCombatSchedules = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:753
    export = <table> {
    }
    TabCompleteInfo = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceConsole-2.0\AceConsole-2.0.lua:2553
    PLAYER_LOGIN = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceConsole-2.0\AceConsole-2.0.lua:2538
    Print = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceConsole-2.0\AceConsole-2.0.lua:486
    ScheduleRepeatingEvent = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:452
    PrintLiteral = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceConsole-2.0\AceConsole-2.0.lua:494
    pcall = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:1 67
    embedList = <table> {
    }
    GetLibraryVersion = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceLibrary\AceLibrary.lua:5 85
    nextAddon = <table> {
    }
    PrintComma = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceConsole-2.0\AceConsole-2.0.lua:490
    (null) = true
    RegisterEvent = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:98
    IsEventRegistered = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:590
    UnregisterEvent = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:493
    super =

any ideas?
    i love the ui just trying ot figure this out

roarc va heter den addonen som gör så att en stor icon av spellen poppar up när den är redo?

@Karius:
    Nice to hear! :-)

@GenghisMantastic:
    I have no clue. I do run with LUA Errors turned off as some add-ons are out of date and do cause WoW to cry a bit.

@vilulina:
    I use two-three add-ons for this:

- Doom_CooldownPulse: Makes a set number of abilities "pulse" to the right-hand side of my screen when ready.
    - OmniCC, OmniCC_Pulse: Make the bartender buttons "pulse" when ready
    - Satrina Buff Frames (SBF): Makes a huge icon to the right-hand side of my screen when I have a Sword and Board proc. I would use Doom_CooldownPulse but it only supports ability CD's and not procs.

thanks, lovley ui btw

Quote Originally Posted by Roarc View Post
    @GenghisMantastic:
    I have no clue. I do run with LUA Errors turned off as some add-ons are out of date and do cause WoW to cry a bit.
    How do you turn off lua errors?

i downloaded your ui and set all profiles to yours and hit /rl and all my stuff is still in the middle what do i do

Just installed this UI and it's great. Thanks a million for updating it, finally I feel like a proper tank

I love this ui, i did notice a problem in icc earlier today however only on a few bosses.

More specificly, i froze up till the point i had to alt+F4 out everytime we started combat on blood princes.Despite having good dps, the screen would get choppy aswell during gunship & dreamwalker.

Any chance you'd know whats causing it as quite frankly, i tried disabling addons one at the time but then i got benched for wiping the raid due to crashing everytime.

My guess is, its the healthbars of the different bosses on the right side of the ui and i'm not quite sure which addon that'd be as it seems like a default ui for raidbosses when theres multiple targets.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Talisia; 07-05-2010 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisia View Post
    I love this ui, i did notice a problem in icc earlier today however only on a few bosses.

More specificly, i froze up till the point i had to alt+F4 out everytime we started combat on blood princes.Despite having good dps, the screen would get choppy aswell during gunship & dreamwalker.

Any chance you'd know whats causing it as quite frankly, i tried disabling addons one at the time but then i got benched for wiping the raid due to crashing everytime.

My guess is, its the healthbars of the different bosses on the right side of the ui and i'm not quite sure which addon that'd be as it seems like a default ui for raidbosses when theres multiple targets.

Thanks in advance
    Just posting to say that I'm getting this too.

hey Roarc im loving the UI been using for about a month and 2 things i notice are when i play the debuffs that you have on the target where it shows like sunders, demo shout and thunderclap. Sometimes it shows extra little icons that look like a frost fever. My other concern is that every so often the UI bugs out and if you try to click a spell you have to double click it to work or if you try to mouse over a bar that is transparent you have to click it to appear. thats about it, ill try to get an SS of the frost fever thing tonight.

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    frost fever is apart of his debuffs filter. have you guys tried updating your addons via curse client?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

That was the problem it seems, yesterday my game ran smooth with this ui.

I updated my addons with curse client practically daily but pitbull didn't update itself and that seemed to be the addon that was the problemcase.

Skinner Errors

Everything seems to be set up correctly and all the profiles are linked correctly but upon login i get 10-12 errors in chat from Skinner. It seems it is trying to link to textures that may not be in its library. When in the options for skinner the "texture" dropdown selection is completely empty and throws another lua error. After dismissing the error several panels do not display correctly, and tooltips are no longer visible.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

It works fine and looks great as long as i dont mess with skinner but i dont want to run into problems at an inconvienient time should they arise.

A few comments to those who've responded here.*

1. Do NOT update addons with out keeping the version I use here. It can very easily break things. Examples include the lastest TidyPlates and Button Facade. The later doesn't add skins to SBF which I can't find a viable replacement for. SBF is a funny bird - almost 1 year old with-out any updates and still it's still king of the hill (ok, the config pane is horrendous but still :-)).

2. Skinner compains as I don't skin all add-ons. Omen and Recount for example don't use the skinner skin, yet are transparent against the background.*

I can tell you an update is immanent. I've further developed a lot of minor features. BigWig and DXE are now included for example as the LK-fight is a lot smoother using the former where DXE is in general the better choice in my opinion.*

Patch 3.3.5 killed the chat somewhat. I've been waiting for a solid add-on to address this. Chatter was tested but again discarded in favor of Prat.*

More to come. I'm off to eat some Strawberry Shortcake :-)

Enjoy the Shortcake! Thanks and looking forward to an update.

Which font is that your using? I like it.

+ Reply to Thread