+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Roarc UI

No worries guys, glad you enjoy it. I've reached over 100 downloads now for the last version, whoo-hoo for me. Oh, en svensk, dr ser man! :-)

Just to make life miserable for everyone I've made another update.

Updates 091214
    - Replaced Basic Minimap with pMinimap
    - Reconfigured a few SBF debuff frames (mouse over now works to get debuff details)
    - Reconfigured a few DXE encounters (removed some stuff I don't care about on fights I know)
    - Reconfigured WhoTaunted (this and OptiTaunt compliments each-other)
    - Reenabled OptiTaunt
    - Cleaned up BigWigs remains

Feel free to come with feedback and do report issues!

As of now a few "todo" things include:
    - Nail DXE to the ground "per encounter"
    - Finalizing the minimap and minimap buttons
    - Finalizing blizzards "special frame" issues in raid (i.e. vehicle encounters for instance)
    - Looking into alternative death-reporters and recount-features (Skada seems just plain odd but Recount feels a bit buggy)
    - Looking into improving buffs and debuff management.
    - Looking into improving cool-down counters (I'd love for OmniCC to start the animation when the ability is ready, not finnish it when it's ready for instance).
    - A vigilance add-on that's a bit more "up to date" and that can output warnings to Parrot.

...and the list goes on. I've been considering a view-finder box but it sadly makes the UI quite ugly and I don't like that. Now it's sleep time for this orc.
    Last edited by Roarc; 12-15-2009 at 03:42 PM.

Toushiro is offline 私はあなたのことをいつも考えています。
    why the change to pMinimap?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    I keep a few steel bars in my home.

I actually made a long post about this but it seems it got lost in the interwebz. To sum it up a minimap add-on can do a lot more than just change your minimap look.

A) It changes the position and look of your map
    B) It can add and remove minimap-related features, some that don't have anything with the mini-map one might think.

What I've found is different add-ons handle A) and B) differently and with different success. To list a few things a minimap add-on does:

- Change position of your minimap.
    - Change the look / boarder of your minimap.
    - Change the look and feel of your actual minimap. For instance Sexy map can show who pings the map and add a "range" overlay.
    - Change the look, position and visability of minimap-buttons.
    - Enable or disable standard and extra map-features such as mail indication, calendar, position data, clock, zone details, tracking, map-zoom.
    - Control the look, feel and position of your quest tracker.
    - Control the position of special raid-frames (vehicle fights have these).
    - As of patch 3.3 control the "instance flag" indicator.

There is probably more but that's what I can remember off the top of my head. Anyhow, here then comes a summary why I've been jumping between different mods.

1. I started with Basic Minimap. It does the trick but lacks options. It's a very basic minimap addon, hence the name. For more flexibility I moved to Sexy Map.

2. Sexy Map was a pain to get to work as I wanted. It feels like they shuved 200 features into it where a lot of them bug or simply fail. It could be I tried rotten versions of this but I finally gave up and went to Chinchilla.

3. Chinchilla worked well, felt like Basic Minimap but with extra features. The problem I ran into here was that quest-tracking was fecked. I could live with this, however, the main issue was the special blizzard raid-frames ended up right under my map which with my UI doesn't work. I have my raid-frame there. So, again I moved back to Basic Minimap which casued minimum issues here until patch 3.3.

4. Patch 3.3 introduced an "instance flag" indicator. You can see what instance-level you're in (i.e. heroic 25 man) which I guess is nice but it made life harsh for my UI. Basic Minimap in it's basic setting placed the flag I presume in it's original position which is where I have my buff-frame. Bad, needed an alternative and thus pMinimap came into play.

Right, this is turning into an essay of minimap add-ons. Who would think they could cause so much grief? Anyhow, I'll stick with pMinimap for a while and see how it works out. It did let me change the clock and zone font which I like, but the border looks bad which makes me think I might find another option yet again.. One ida would be to go with something like Chinchilla, that works and find alternative addons to controll what it failed on. As a mini-map add-on it was very good, but the fact that I got messed up raid-frames on a few fights was irritating.

P.S. helt rtt, jag r svensk

Yet a new release, on a roll here, patches make me realize what works and what doesn't.

Updates 091216
    - Swapped back to Chinchilla and added Chinchilla Gloss. pMinimap sucked balls to be frank (buggy!)
    - Swapped to TidyPlates / CleanPlates / ThreatPlates from Nameplates.
    - Reconfigured Parrot slightly.
    - Reconfigured Chinchilla slightly.
    - Reconfigured TellMeWhen slightly.
    - Reconfigured DXE quite a bit.
    - Cleaned up Interface > AddOns folder a bit.
    - Reconfigured some video-settings. Not sure how this affects other players.

Notes 091216
    - TidyPlates as an "inverse" setting than it's standard, i.e. mobs on me have a larger nameplate than mobs not on me. It's very frustrating noticing what you're NOT tanking in a raid-setting in general.
    - Chinchilla will have to be seen how well it works in raids with special frames. At least it's "glossy" now...

Thats that I think...

Download latest version

you update too much but like your UI and so keep it working properly

Now the only real issue is Chinchilla works nice but has the raid-frame issue. Might find a few to sort it out this weekend (or if someone else has a tip).

what raid frames?

Quote Originally Posted by Toushiro View Post
    what raid frames?
    From his post above:

3. Chinchilla worked well, felt like Basic Minimap but with extra features. The problem I ran into here was that quest-tracking was fecked. I could live with this, however, the main issue was the special blizzard raid-frames ended up right under my map which with my UI doesn't work. I have my raid-frame there. So, again I moved back to Basic Minimap which casued minimum issues here until patch 3.3.
    Dunno which frames he means, but that's what he's talking about.

I DLed this UI compilation, I am running 1920x1080 resolution so i had to change a bunch of stuff. I really like the setup but one thing is really bugging me, there is a dark box that just sits around that contains the notification text like "Target is out of range." I am looking to make this box transparent but so i can still read the text.

Right, the raid-frame issue can be seen on the Gunship Battle in ICC and as well as any other fight that includes some kind of "external" frame blizzard puts in. This includes jumping into a veichle. This frame is aligned to the minimap hence it ends up behind my raids frames now. I'll try to screenshot it next time it happens.

with chinchilla I notice my frame for grand black war mammoth is gone but with pMinimap it was on the right hand side.

Interesting...

pMinimap bugged way to much for me. Placing map-icons all over the place, changing fonts back to default after a relog and god know what.

hmm, I never had that problem with pMinimap.

The irritating / odd thing with Chinchilla is that it has options for all the "extra" frames but I'm not sure the add-on respects those settings. Will update later on...

Roarc,

I'm very impressed by this UI, and therefor have been using it since it's first release.
    There's been a few issue's tho, so I'd like to know whether or not I'm capable of solving these.

So here we go:

-Once connected to my realm, I get a list of at least 10 "errors", stating that certain skins couldn't be found in the SkinMe directory.

Although this is not a real issue that cause a lot of problems, I don't think this should be happening, and maybe needs your attention.

-Yesterday I've been running a ZG raid, and when we came to the final boss -and I started tanking him- I got a Lua error from popping up and couldn't really do something about it, other then unchekking the options to show errors in the interface panel.

Again this really isn't a big problem once unchecked, but getting over 30 errors in a UI states that something is wrong, and thus needs to be solved.

I'm not an expert in these UI's and addons. I just browse these boards and use the ones I like. Other then that my experience with them is close to nothing. So I hope you find the time and motivation to look into these things, and make the perfect UI even better for all the warrior tanks out there.

Kind regards,

edit* // For those with the black square at the center top of you screen, you can remove it by unchekking scrolling combat text in the interface options.
    It took me while to find out, but it surely made this Ui even more enjoyable to play with.
    Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Joronar; 12-27-2009 at 04:28 AM. Reason: added info to solve the black square

errors might happen from lack of updating your addons.

Downloaded this yestarday and it works perfectly. Thanks for the good work. I have one problem though. Seems like I cant find all the "Skinner" loadings, it says it cant find the skin in the "SkinMe" directory. Any clue whats wrong?
    Thanks again for a great job.

you get that stuff because skinner doesn't skin that addons GUI.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakbengt View Post
    Downloaded this yestarday and it works perfectly. Thanks for the good work. I have one problem though. Seems like I cant find all the "Skinner" loadings, it says it cant find the skin in the "SkinMe" directory. Any clue whats wrong?
    Thanks again for a great job.
    -Once connected to my realm, I get a list of at least 10 "errors", stating that certain skins couldn't be found in the SkinMe directory.
    This is due to the fact I don't want to skin all add-ons. You only get the errors once so it really isn't anything to worry about.

-Yesterday I've been running a ZG raid, and when we came to the final boss -and I started tanking him- I got a Lua error from popping up and couldn't really do something about it, other then unchekking the options to show errors in the interface panel.
    Right, I've disabled LUA Error but if you can Identify what add-on is bugging please say so.

+ Reply to Thread