+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Roarc UI

From Satrina him self

Can't click off buffs
    Correct. As of WoW 4.0, cancelling buffs is a protected action, meaning that the default buff frame can do it, but addons have to use a more complex and not-yet-completely workable means to do that. I thought I had a workaround, but it was causing huge problems. Hopefully Blizzard gets us a better way to cancel buffs sooner than later, or I can fix a workaround that's decent. Take it up with Blizzard: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...89091160&sid=1. As of SBF 3.1.25, there is an option to keep showing the default buff frame. It's a pretty piss-poor option, but until this mess gets sorted out it will have to do.

@Roarc
    I DL'ed this UI comp and there are a few issues.
    Pitbull- your profile doesn't change anything. It is just 1 blank name plate on the screen
    Bottom border addon- profile doesn't change where it is located
    Quartz- profile doesn't go to location and its self, not enemy
    oRA2- also in wrong location and profile doesn't change anything to it.

Also, is there any way you can add a list of what /commands to use when you log in for the first time so we make sure to get all the addons profiles changed. Boda has a list like that and it seems very helpful. Maybe I did the UI wrong and that is why they are not working...anyways.

Great UI, I love it, just wished it worked.
    Tanks...You're Welcome!
    Descendings Armory | Descendings UI

Good feedback! I'll look into this with my new update coming shortly. Due to all the changes in 4.01 I've been bouncing between a lot of add-ons finding things "just right". The warrior class has also changed a bit so we're dependent on a few other things now than before.

Would be sweet if you could include a short description of how you make the UI work once you first load the game.
    The new ui, will you base it around tanking or do you have any sort of plans to let an addon track enrage for fury dps for instance? Or anything arms related for that matter.

@Schnerf,
    Changing addon trackers is retardedly easy once you already have them separated into sections like Roarc. Especially if he keeps using satrina's. You just deselct the tanking buffs/CDs and select yours. That is pretty much how all of them work tho. From Ora3 - satrinas - forteXorcist. But yeah I mentioned the UI description starter in my post....it would be very helpful to people new to UI making. I have been perfecting my UI myself. Everyday I am getting a new UI package and seeing what looks good and what works, while still having my raid leader trackers and loot systems and what not. I suggest if your new to UI building you do the same so you can get a feel for many different set ups to find what works best for you. SOme people like really cluttered screens with everything showing, some people like openness and small texts.
    Tanks...You're Welcome!

I've actually never used much addons in general. Mostly I ran with classtimer, bossmods, and the essentials needed for raiding. I'm pretty terrible at building UI and such but I should be able to modify most of the stuff myself. I've been playing 25man heroics mostly on a standard above average level so I never felt the need to get everything down perfectly, which is changing for me in cataclysm as I plan to run a 10man instance, where every single person counts, so I'm simply looking for an ui which is clean, user friendly, encounter informative and easily modified to different sort of specs. I really like the layout of this one, so I'm going to give it a try once the new release is out, which I hope happens prior to Cataclysm. Oh and as for me personally, I strongly dislike cluttered screens with a lot of uneccesairy information, so again this one is the best I've seen from the different ui packs around, and it fits the resolution I run.

@Schnerf
    For me, its about perfection. Sadly my guild does not have enough people with that attitude to down HLK on 25 man, but me and a few others still strive for perfection. I am a dedicated tank and make my UI dedicated for tanking. I like to run a clean and open UI myself aswell. IMO as a tank you should be the one person to make sure you get everything down perfectly. We are irreplaceable.

TBH, this UI is a little on the clutter side in the middle, its not over cluttered or bad, I love this layout, but if you want true openess you can check out my UI in my signature, or Bodasafa's UI at http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?45322-Boda-s-UI

It may not seem cluttered at first, but once you are in a raid it has a lot going on. But it is actually in a nice way, you have all the info you need right in the middle

I have had a lot of question on my UI and requests to post a compilation and I just put up my pic like a week ago. but as i said before, mine is still under development for Cata, but will probably hold the same structures.

PS- sorry Roarc, not trying to bag on your UI, I love its layout, just helping a non UI builder find what is perfect for him.
    Tanks...You're Welcome!

@Schnerf
    It depends how much I end up DPS:ing in Cataclysm. If I don't DPS much I won't be doing much to make my UI work well for DPS. I'm doing the last fine-tuneing bits at the moment but real-life has taking over more than I was planning.

@Fakemessiah
    No worries at all. Bodasafa's UI I've looked at and it has it's "moments" but for me it's way to "wide". But I also have areas of my UI I'm not happy with. The button-area is somewhat "bulky" with my HP as well so I'm looking into options here. Hopefully I get some dedicated time this week or weekend to sort out the finals..

Any updates Roarc?!

Sorry, I've been going through the UI over and over since 4.01 came out and have now gone to a "pixel perfect UI scale model" as well. This caused me to, well, have to redo everything once again. I've also looked through all add-ons that where causing LUA errors and haven't seen a single one now for a few weeks which is nice. On top of that I've also been fiddly around with new idéas and what not but a lot of them didn't work out. If I catch a raid-spot this week you should see the UI coming up by the weekend.

Since patch 4.03 will hit this week I'll have to wait and see what that brings to my UI. Blizzard amongst other things there has decided to have "pixel perfect UI" the norm in the game.

Can't wait to see the updated UI Roarc! Keep up the good work

Your UI looks really good, very well organized and sleek, good job.
    Any idea on when the version will be avaliable for download ?

I'm desperate for this UI, anychance of a beta upload even if stuff isn't all working perfectly ?

Any news on a possible update

Version 2.00 Released
    I don't even know where to begin as I've redone so much with the release of Cataclysm.

Add-on changes:
    • All add-ons should be up-to-date for Cataclysm v4.03a
    • Acheron replaced by DeathNote
    • Chinchilla replaced by BasicMinimap
    • DXE replaced by BigWigs
    • eePanels2 replaced by kgPanels
    • Satrina Buff Frames replaced by AuraFrames (never thought this day would come).

• OptiTaunt gone for now.
    • TankPoints gone for now.
    • Vigilant gone for now.

• LootRollMover has been added.
    • RaidRemover has been added.

On top of this a lot of things have been redesigned.
    • The UI should be "pixel perfect" now, given some add-ons scale quite poorly.
    • I've re-arranged all buff and de-buff frames.
    • I've re-arranged threat monitoring and encounter bars.
    • I've re-arranged action bars to cover for new talents in Cataclysm.
    • I've redesigned party- and raid-frames to be less distractive during playing.

Current to-do list:
    • Look into a "taunt announce" add-on (announce who taunts as taunt-resists are gone since 4.03)
    • Look into a "cool-down announce" add-on.
    • Look into an add-ons that channels more information to parrot (when buffs / debuffs are falling off). SBF did this in the past but it's quite a broken add-on and it's future seems uncertain.
    • Add a focus-frame.
    • Look into improving the buff / debuff-frames. AuraFrames seem to bug a bit with the target of target monitoring which is very irritating.
    • Look into better MT-frames.
    • Finalize party and raid-frame's.
    • Add the possibility to use blizzard's raid-markers.
    • Look into moving blizzards's special raid-encounter bars (Cho'gal for example).
    • Try to resort Pitbull display errors such as visual heals bugging out.

That's that! Enjoy and do continue with the feedback!

Regards,
    Roarc - now legendary according to the interwebs!
    Last edited by Roarc; 02-01-2011 at 06:29 PM.

To answer a few questions in this thread:

@Fakemessiah and add-ons not working:
    I can't say why this is the case. Pitbull, Quartz and oRA2 should have my profile now. With this version redone the UI from scratch as of patch 4.03a.

…if there is any way you can add a list of what /commands to use when you log in for the first time
    If I get around to it I will. Most addons are in the standard dialog box blizzard has made but a few aren't sadly.

…in regards to a cluttered UI
    I think this version is way better in not feeling so "crammed" or "cluttered" yet still providing the same or even more info.

@Schnerf in regards to this being a tank or dps UI.
    This is only for tanking and will likely remain that way. The main add-ons you have to adjust are Bartender, Aura Frames and Doom_CooldownPulse for it to work better for a dps-warrior. The same goes for any other tank-class wanting to use this UI. I've used it on my DK alt (dps) and Priest (shadow) and it works fine BUT you will have to put some effort into adjusting some things. For DoT or healing classes it's probably far from optimal.

@Roarc
    Taunt message - Tank Mastery and Tank Warnings work well together. I run both. It can show in chat or too you specifically who pulled and who taunted. So if you are wondering who pulled to wipe you guys, just look at the chat log and it will say who, what, when, and how

Cooldown Announce - If you want one that is very good and shows the entire raids CDs in chat...I suggest Flump...even announces cauldrons, portals, feasts, summon stones, healths stones, etc. If you just want YOUR tank CDS...then stick with tank mastery and tank warnings

Vigilance tracker - Warrior Vigilance Tracker is a great one to replace vigilant. shows who and time and you can just click it to re cast vigi w/o even targeting them.

Raid Marks - Look into an addon called Marking Bar it has the raid marks for enemies and the ground.

Move Special Raid Frames (cho'gall, atramedes) - check into an addon called moveanything. it does just what the title says.

Vegeance tracker - i found this addon pretty nice...its called Vengeance Status Tracker...its a nice detail run on vengeance
    Tanks...You're Welcome!

Great tips!

At the moment I use Pitbull to track Vigilance on people which works quite ok.

the DL time on this UI blows hard dude

was trying to DL so i could implement some of this stuff into my UI and it took 3 hours for 14.6mb
    Tanks...You're Welcome!

+ Reply to Thread