+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Second tanking spec

Second tanking spec

Hello all first time posting here. My question is about second tanking specs. I've searched the web for a second spec I'm happy with. My off-spec is a seconded tanking spec I used for the kt fight in naxx for the extra interrupts. It kinda seems pointless now because I haven't found a fight where it comes in handy. Anyone have any Ideas on a second spec thats useful or if this spec still has life left in it?
    http://http://www.wowarmory.com/char...7dorei&n=Neoko

Imp HoJ spec is quite useless now, the only time you really need to interrupt is on a fight like Anub, and you can just use holy wrath for that.

I spec'd for Blood tanking and Frost tanking - I realized that I'm not crazy about being a melee dps. I find the dual spec useful now that I've done it. I use Blood for single target fights like Beasts and I use Frost when I'm the add tank i.e. whelp duty, lord jax maiden and infernals, Faction Champs, Em's adds etc. - mostly I use Frost when I feel I'll need Howling Blast. But then again, DK's kind of lend themselves to dual tank specs.

Uhh ... grats?
    He's a paladin.

You could possibly try an Improved Lay on Hands build, for example: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

It misses out Vindication so probably isn't actually better for survivability or anything but, alongside the glyph, it will practically allow you one Lay on Hands per boss attempt. I wouldn't use it for main tanking but given that a large part of learning new encounters is in keeping the tank alive long enough to see the boss' abilities, it could buy you a little bit longer to see what you're up against.

Might be nice if you're progression-focussed and want to work out fights on the day of release, before strategies are widespread - maybe use the ImpLoH build for the first two or three attempts until you're confident you won't lose healers or something, then switch back to your MT build?

I guess your other real option is a 3/5 Reckoning 0/53/18 build and a DS/DG 0/53/18 build but I think I'd struggle to see the point in such a small differentiation there.

+ Reply to Thread