+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: pet peeves

So I havn't been healing long (lvl 60 undead disc priest) but so far what annoys me most is.

1: Locks that lifetap to 10% hp while im trying to keep the tank alive and keep the party topped up, then shout for a heal.
    2: Tanks that pull when you are out of mana, die then moan at you. I pay attention to their HP is looking at my mana so hard and the fact I've called a mb should give you a clue.
    3: Hunters that demand I heal their pets, priority goes Tank, Me, dps, pets deal with it.
    4: Dps that feel the need to link meters after every fight, wow you did alot of dps that's great, you know how I know I did a good Job, the fact that everyones still alive.
    5:The lock that soulstones themselves.

I just noticed I left out the most annoying one.......

When a Dps either dies because they are
    1: Stupid (standing in fire etc)
    2: Out of line of sight
    3: Cant get their head around the fact that they are not the tank and stealing aggro is a surefire way of getting themselves killed. Once dead they proceed to blame me.

My normal reply to dps that die due to their own stupidity is that its a waste of time and mana me healing them as they just stand there in the fire etc and wonder why they are losing health, move and i'll heal you if not you deserve to die. As for los related deaths I cant heal what I cant see, I may have Godlike powers but I'm not omnipresent. As for aggro related deaths it serves them right it may seem harsh but there's enough lvl 80 noobs as it is and I'm trying my best not to encourage noobish behavior.

You forgot another one. Hunters and Locks that forget to dismiss their pets before jumping off a ledge and they aggro every mob as their pets go around. (i.e. Nexus and Old Kingdom)

-Raid leaders who in today's day and age want to run eoe10 and expect people to have achievement.
    -People in blues and greens gearchecking people in pugs.
    -people who don't know how to gear/play, causing the raid to wipe
    -Ninjas
    -People who don't buff the raid, or don't think about redundant buffs (lone paladin giving out might/wisdom when there are 4 shamans and 3 warriors instead of kings, etc.)
    -DPS who think topping the meter is the be all and end of all of the game, thus dying to fires/poisons/etc.
    -People being carried in raids
    -People who stay dead instead of running back
    -people who don't head for instance and wait to be summoned (or worse, FARM while others run there)

I could go on...

Quote Originally Posted by Insahnity View Post
    -People who stay dead instead of running back
    -people who don't head for instance and wait to be summoned (or worse, FARM while others run there)
    Oh wow, those are the worst. It's ok if you want to be rezzed in BWL when you announce that you need a bio break. It is not ok not to run just to find that you need to run anyways because your corpse is way behind the boss.

And why, oh why are you yelling for 5 minutes for a port to ToC when you are in Dalaran?

I really hate freeloaders living off the effort of other people whil not even pretending to do their part.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

People who choose not to dodge balls.

the day after i started this thread, i had a couple of great pugs.
    even one where the tank would runoff ahead of dps and me ... "because i know you'll keep me alive..."
    and one where all party members said "great heals" at least twice.

good days make up for bad ones.

Doc

I have been fortunate in that as a healer in a pug, I've never been accused of being a poor healer -- at least, not since my noob days in BC, when I likely was a poor healer.

My biggest pet peev is people who obviously don't know anything about their class, or major features of other classes, such as:

* A lvl 80 Hunter stacking spirit and spell pen
    * A hunter who DPSes constantly in viper because he "didn't like to sit and drink"
    * A hunter who refused to ever use viper, and would complain about us not waiting for him to get mana back -- on trash mob pulls.
    * A holy pally who freaked out on a warlock that would tap between fights. "OMG why does your health keep going down after fights? Stop it you're freaking me out every time you do that!"
    * A paladin tank that didn't know what Consecrate was. Or Avenger's Shield.

And so on. :P
    Last edited by Bashal; 11-18-2009 at 09:21 AM.

My pet peeves:

People who can't drum up the patience to hang around, in a pug, for more than one wipe. If you are sooo much better than everyone, give us all the benefit of your wisdom, not the wondrousness of your hearthing out...either way, we're better off, but the former would be a little better, eh?

Pets that are set to aggressive, and draw aggro constantly. (The one about the pet going round the long way, drawing mobs--that one cracks me up--well, once, anyway!)

My main peeve, though, is people who are needlessly rude. We all do stupid stuff, in game, but there's a difference between correcting mistakes, and compounding them.

I love to win...it's why I play games, basically. However, if that's all there was to it, I'd happily go back to playing solo-type stuff--the odds would be better, after all.

The way I see it, if I'm to play with others, the very least I'm required to do, is be polite, learn all I can, ask questions, and try my best. If I'm reasonably certain that the others in whatever group I'm in, are doing the same, I can and will overlook a lot of stupidity. Rudeness is a stick of dynamite, with a very short fuse...

On the other hand, I've never met anyone in-game, who was harder on me, than myself, when I screw up. But, that's my problem!
    -"Just like a buzzin' fly, I come into your life, I'll float away, like honey in the sun..."--Tim Buckley

ROFL... a lot of these resonate with me.

Here's one more: the Arrogant Buffaloof Toon; you know, the one in every raid that isn't in range, consistently, when the other 24 (or 9) are ready to be buffed. Sometimes it's cause s/he just doesn't care enough to run back at the same speed as everyone else, sometimes s/he's just being cool and standing way apart... whatever, it gets old quickly.

And then they yell: "Hey, can I get ghetto Fort!" as if the priest was the problem. I always want to let that toon hang Fortless and Spiritless, but (/sigh) that would only hurt everyone.

Thanks for some comic relief reading and venting.
    O

The main thing I hate is people who can't move and end up dead because of it. If the encounter is new I forgive them, but having to spend 3 weeks at Mimiron healing my ass off to remain the lone survivor with 1 or 2 others just does my head in. People who run into the laser barrage constantly, or rather finish this one cast as slowly as possible that they get a missile on their head. Moving away on Maly P3 or failing to avoid shadow crashes at Vezax, even getting hit by Icehowl while you get so much time to sprint away... and ofcourse the DPS that expect me to heal them through Ony's Deep Breath. It made me wonder if pressing the arrow button on a keyboard required extensive studies before being able to use it.

The minor pet peeves include the pets who 'never ever pulled that boss', warlocks who lifetap to 20% health prior to a pull instead of eat/drink and manage to run into combat with that amount of health expecting to be healed, tanks who are not using their cooldowns when they should, and people who are doing the complete opposite of what they are supposed to be doing when it comes to healing assignments.

But I can live with that, as long as people move and don't get bombed/barraged/crashed/burned to death while causing a wipe the latter can be picked up with ease.

I apologize to my healers for the few times I've called out for healing! I had never thought about it before, but yeah, that must be annoying as hell and more than a little patronizing

2.) DPS who target everything but the skull. I dont know why but locks seem to be the main offenders.
    My lock does it to pad his damage/dps stats. In one fateful fight with the Iron Assembly, I was to off tank Runemaster by taunting him after the main tank had grabbed Steelbreaker. The lock opened by throwing a dot on Runemaster, my taunt missed and the lock got one-shotted. That is a looooong fight to sit through while lying on the floor

When I was first running Naxx, I'd always lose a trash mob to our unholy DK. We had the all the mobs marked and the guy was an experienced raider, so I was sure it wasn't his fault and did everything I could to up my AoE threat, but to no avail. Later I learned (from a different DK) that the guy was targeting the Triangle mob (instead of the Skull) because he could do more AoE damage by building up a lot of diseases before spreading them and the Skull was dying too fast. I could have choked him for letting me stress about losing mobs. When I talked to him about it I said that he should have told me and I could have made it a priority to drop some shield slams on that mob to keep it on me. His response - "It's cool, I'm wearing plate"

My pet peeve - damage meters. I appreciate that they foster competition, which leads to people trying harder and that it helps people to evaluate their rotation, but it seems like half the peeves mentioned in this thread are a direct result of someone's place on the dps meter being more important than raid success.

I had my second spec dps for a bit, but, franky, the tank specs were more useful for my guilds raiding. Fights like Beasts, Anub, Kolo are more conducive to Blood spec, while Fac Champs, Em's adds, Jax adds etc. are more conducive to Frost. I'm a tank and I think in terms of how am I most useful as a tank;

When I see a warlock life tapping I generally throw them a quick heal or a renew and in 5 mans I don't really get moments where the tanks would be close to dying and the warlock is tapping .

Most warlocks I've encountered in pugs don't tap till 1 hp, maybe 40% or something in that range but never to almost dying.

In raids.. well my guild doesn't have warlocks like that.

The only time I see people really asking for heals is in Alterac Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesong View Post
    When I was first running Naxx, I'd always lose a trash mob to our unholy DK. We had the all the mobs marked and the guy was an experienced raider, so I was sure it wasn't his fault and did everything I could to up my AoE threat, but to no avail. Later I learned (from a different DK) that the guy was targeting the Triangle mob (instead of the Skull) because he could do more AoE damage by building up a lot of diseases before spreading them and the Skull was dying too fast. I could have choked him for letting me stress about losing mobs. When I talked to him about it I said that he should have told me and I could have made it a priority to drop some shield slams on that mob to keep it on me. His response - "It's cool, I'm wearing plate"
    You can be sure that the healers discuss something like that amongst themselves. Frankly, we expect that to happen for any plate wearing DPS. Especially if it always is the same culprit.
    No worries, buddy, we got you covered.
    BTW, I had the same problem when I started tanking. I always expected to hold each and every mob. Spoke to the worst offender(fury warrior). He also told me he was partly doing it on purpose. Rage and such. I can relate to that as a warrior tank.
    Still, that one mob that doesn't hate you will always be a constant PITA.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

For example, on my leveling healer today I did a pug Azjol Nerub with 4 other dks. The only DK that didn't have Frost Presence on was the tank. He would Death Grip, do some strike and then the other dks would drop DnD and the tank would have no aggro, so I had to constantly spam 3/4 dks as if I was healing 3 different tanks. After a thousand or two wipes on Hadronox, the group disbanded. =)

Edit: Forgot to say, on Hadronox, everyone, while having at least 2 big adds each, was also standing in the little poison. This, despite using everything I could, PS, Weakened Soul on Everyone, popping trinkets and PI myself they slowly dropped 1 by 1.
    Last edited by Magetank; 11-24-2009 at 09:34 AM.

Raid healers not realizing that Paladins have Hand of Sacrifice. I've had a ton of pugs where raid healers will rage spam after thinking I'm standing in fire. The Ony pull is a prime example of places this has happened.

Also other same class healers that don't agree with your talent makeup.

I always forget about hand of sacrifice.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

main peeve....
    "LFM [insert raid name here], link spec and Achievements" (this usually being Epic and the raid completion)

People asking for "Epic" annoys me more than anything else.... (im a disc priest so this next bit is what works best)

I usually just wisp them my stats and when 27.5k mana and 2.5k sp and around 600+mp5 while casting, doesnt work and i still get a wisp for Epic, an achievement i think i got over 7 months ago..... i just tell them to inspect me and if i look like I dont know what i am doing they dont have to invite me.

tho usually rite after them seeing me with that much mana i get the invite!

but still very annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Libicocco View Post
    Ever find that you see things differently when you're tanking then when you're healing? When I'm tanking I feel bad for every death - even when they're blatantly not my fault. When I'm healing those bastards had repair bills coming anyways.
    I feel the same way mate. If dps is doing there job right they wont take damage worthy of killing them unless its raid specific damage (eg Light Bomb from XT deconstruter)
    Hobnob|NE Priest|Disc|EU|Jaedenar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc309 View Post
    it's been a long day of pugging, so i thought i'd vent here ... lol

there's a couple of things that piss me off when i heal. here are a couple of examples that all happened today.

'locks that life tap below 20% expecting you to "give" your mana to them.
    dps that says "dps needs heals too" when they pulled off tank, and the tank is more damaged than them.
    tanks that show up with less HP than you have mana.
    ppl who wait for ressers to run back when they don't.
    when someone doesn't eat during a reset and asks for heals. ( kk i'll heal you than drink... while you pull)
    tanks that leave group after 2/3 bosses in an H, without saying anything and only needing something from 2nd boss.

what are your pet peeves as heals?

Doc

heh I think you pretty much covered it.

+ Reply to Thread