+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Avoidence / Absortion & Stamina

Avoidence / Absortion & Stamina

Lately in the new raids such as ToC 10/25 and ToGc 10/25 People stack stam, I notice their hit and dodge/parry/block arn't that well eaither.

I want a few opinions.
    Since the beginning of warcraft I've always focused on avoidence and absorption together over stamina ( 5 years ).

My current stats are 34.5k hp, 25.99 dodge, 18.64 parry, and 25.84 block,
    316 hit And finally 18 17 expertise.

I have no problems with threat, actually I tend to steal another's threat.
    Usually no problems with tanking a boss or anything.

But many High-End guilds tell me to stack more stamina and drop some stats, Persoanlly I don't agree.

So whats your Opinion? Should I go for Stamina or avoidence or absorption? Or are my stats fine now?

Most people categorize stamina and armor(mitigation) in to one big category called EH, in ToGC EH is much better than avoidance. The reason for this is that the only things that are going to kill you are either unavoidable or unpredictable physical burst where if you stack avoidance you will have to pray to the RNG gods that you don't get consecutively hit. The best way to take this unpredictable damage is to stack EH which is constant and does not rely on RNG the way avoidance does.

When it comes between stamina and armor Tankspot has an EH calculator where you can enter in your stats and you can see what value of armor is equal to what value of stamina in your current gear, but this calculator only accounts for physical damage so that means on high magic bosses which is in ToC you should give stamina a little boost over armor after you calculate your EH.

Armory

Here's My Armory if it helps The World of Warcraft Armory

In ToC and ToGC, there's a lot of damage that you cannot avoid (Gormok's Impale, fire on the ground, magic attacks, and so on) Stacking avoidance on any fight in there (except for add tanking for Anub'arak) is decreasing your overall survivability.

In a more general sense, gemming and enchanting for avoidance is a personal choice - if it's working for you, then hey it works. That said, given the diminishing returns you're getting on avoidance, I wouldn't waste gems and enchants on it. Your net gain for 40 dodge and 18 parry rating is not great (this is not to say that avoidance is bad, but it's generally not very efficient to gem for it. For pretty much any encounter you come across, the defense/dodge/parry you get itemised on the gear is pleny fine.) If your choice is to gem/enchant for avoidance, then you at the very least should learn about http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f63/4...avoidance.html given that you have parry gems in your gear.

Also, the hit cap is 262 hit rating. You have itemisation value equal to 55 hit rating that is completely wasted right now. Your expertise is very low. I'm gonna guess that you haven't come across any well-geared and well-skilled DPS so far if you "have no problems with threat".

(Your armoury was already listed in the "WoW characters" dropdown under your name)
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

+ Reply to Thread