+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TOGC 10 or TOC 25 rdy?

TOGC 10 or TOC 25 rdy?

hello, first off i would like to say any comment is appreciated. Last week i main tanked ToC 10 in a pug and it went great, we one shot every boss and no complaints. I would just want to know if im rdy to go TOGC 10 or TOC 25 as an offtank. Any advice would be a great help!

The World of Warcraft Armory

Quote Originally Posted by campeon625 View Post
    hello, first off i would like to say any comment is appreciated. Last week i main tanked ToC 10 in a pug and it went great, we one shot every boss and no complaints. I would just want to know if im rdy to go TOGC 10 or TOC 25 as an offtank. Any advice would be a great help!

The World of Warcraft Armory
    First off... I don't think your meta is active... I don't see any red gems. Maybe I'm blind though...

Imo you could probably start 10 man TOGC, picking up some pieces towards an unblockable set would help with tanking the adds on anub'arak. for 25 man I'd say around 38khps minimum to start it. And 35k is a tad on the low side for 10 man, there are some things you can do to increase those hps:

First: keep going for epic gems, that's good.

Second: don't gem for any socket bonus that's not at least +9 stam or more. I personally will only gem for 1 socket bonus that is the most stam I can get with a red/stam gem (like +10exp/15stam or dodge/stam or agi/stam, it kinda depends on what you need. I like agi/stam for the additional armor as well as an okay amount of dodge, for you I might go with expertise/stam since your expertise is a little on the low side). However, this becomes sort of a playstyle choice at higher levels and many people will gem for any +9 or more socket bonus with like defense/stam or something. But if you're trying to meet the minimum EHP reqs, I'd say go straight stam.

Get an enchant on your weapon, I personally like blood draining. Put 225 armor to cloak, I like 18 stam for shield esp for trying to get minimum EHP reqs, also 240 armor to gloves, but 18 stam to gloves is reasonable too.

Glyphs/spec are decent.

And random question: is that the same why tempt fate that used to be on maelstrom?
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

no it isnt. =/, hmmm so you think for now i should stick in reg ToC 10 to get better gear to start progessing into the heroic versions of it? btw thanks for quick response =)

Quote Originally Posted by campeon625 View Post
    no it isnt. =/, hmmm so you think for now i should stick in reg ToC 10 to get better gear to start progessing into the heroic versions of it? btw thanks for quick response =)
    I think if you make those changes you can get into ToGC10 no problem. An unhittable set (or at least close to it for 10 man, it's not nearly as important in 10 as it is in 25) would help for anub'arak adds, but other than that it's just gonna be about smart cooldown usage.

It kinda depends on your server pugs/guild as to whether or not ToGC25 would be a problem or not. At low gear levels (like in 10) you're going to have to be very vigilant about your cooldowns and use them often and at crucial times.

I mean... 1 person doesn't make the raid, what you can do will also depend on your healers and dps, but I think you might be viable. At the very least going to ToC25 is probably doable.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

once again thank you for the responses, much of luck to ya

+ Reply to Thread