+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Healing Grid Tutorial

Grid is a bottom-up framework where Grid itself only provides the basic core functionality and you build it up with the addition of modules of your choosing. Unlike its counterparts Healbot and Vuhdo which are top-down frameworks where the addon includes many features you may potentially end up disabling them. That is the key difference in the technology. These are differences in decisions made by the developers of these addons. Some prefered the all in one solution approach and others prefered building a framework where pieces can be bolted on as needed.

You want to download the addon "Grid" as that is the core. Anything else such as GridStatusHots, GridStatusRole, GridStatusRaidIcons, GridSideIndicators, and so on are additional modules for Grid which allow you to customize it with the features you want. The addon Grid2 is still not a release version so don't use that thinking its the next version, it isn't ready for widespread use. Healbot and Vuhdo have built in modules for click casting however Grid focuses on the frame only and how the information is displayed. If you want to use a click casting tool with Grid you would need another addon called Clique.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Not to try and offend anyone, but why not just use healbot, from what evryone has told me, It's better, and with the new 4.01a update, thye've added a lot of nice features. Is there something Grid has that Healbot doesn't, or is it all just an opinion thing?

Quote Originally Posted by ultrasloth7 View Post
    from what evryone has told me, It's better
    I told you it was better? I am part of everyone am I not?
    10 out of 10 dentists agree brushing your teeth is a good idea. However there are thousands of dentists and depending on which 10 of them you survey they may disagreeing on what you should brush with.

Really... what makes it better?
    Because everything you say that makes it better is also something that makes it worse. Its entirely about the features you want. If those features you don't want, then its worse. It doesn't make you a better healer.
    There is nothing wrong with using it either.

Which is better, a mature form of BigWigs or a mature form of DeadlyBossMods? It all comes down to what features you want.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakdon View Post
    My grid options frame looks nothing like that, and I don't have a lot of options that she has...Any help?
    I have the same issue, I'm thinking that Grid was updated and with it came a bunch of changes.

Which is unfortunate because I can't make heads or tails of it >.<

great guide, thanks !
    But still have a dumb question: what makes the border of a frame to become white (not speaking about selecting a char, because on the screenshot there is like 6 frames with white border
    Also, is there a way to display incoming DIRECT healing (HL/GHW/GH etc...) by changing the border color of a frame ?

Quote Originally Posted by Taluah View Post
    I have the same issue, I'm thinking that Grid was updated and with it came a bunch of changes.

Which is unfortunate because I can't make heads or tails of it >.<
    I just did this also, the options are there, they just changed look of it. If you poke around you will find them.

Got aquestion i dont use grid i use vuhdoo but 1 another healer in our raid team uses grid the problem is when we split the raid into 3 grps for healing assignments her grid wont show her all 3 raid grps which she feels is not good incase there is a problem in another grp any one know how to fix this pls oh she uses elv ui as well dont know if this is causing the prob thx for any hlp guys

She need to go to the grid options and to the tab "layout" there she need to change the 10man layout to show/grp by 15

Tyvm fot help

Why dont the pictures show?

Quote Originally Posted by raxy View Post
    Why dont the pictures show?
    Since the guide is 4 years old, whatever was hosting the pictures probably isn't around any more =/ Grid has been updated a lot since its posting too, so I'm not sure it's even relevant any more.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Hello,I can't see timers for my HoT's is there way how to enable it?:

+ Reply to Thread