+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Healing Grid Tutorial

Having grid show in 5s is a good thing, because some of your spells (holy nova, prayer of healing) work at the party, not raid, level. Grid shows each party of 5 in the raid as one row (or column).

aliena,
    how do you use grid to heal your raid like someone would do with healbot?

I'm not Aliena, but she has stated before that she uses grid to pick her target and then keybinds for her healing.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by klaugh View Post
    @Woogie, as far as I'm aware, there's no way to tell Clique "ignore these frames" to keep targeting at default while still being able to click-cast. This is the only limitation I've encountered with Grid+Clique, but I made it a point to immediately rebind those functions to different mouse keys and have just gotten used to it, for me targeting is Ctrl+Left Mouse, player menu is Ctrl+Right mouse, set focus is Ctrl+Middle mouse, it works for me, I've gotten used to it.
    Actually, you can open your Clique configuration pane, and at the bottom, click on the "frames" tab, then tell Clique which units you want to be able to click on and cast heals, and which ones it shouldn't. I turn Clique off for my pitbull frames, and use it on my Grid units.

Quote Originally Posted by CatabriOnEarthen View Post
    I'm not Aliena, but she has stated before that she uses grid to pick her target and then keybinds for her healing.
    can you keybind with grid or is it the WoW default keybinds

I use a bar mod, setting my keybinds to various buttons on my action bar. For example, say Renew is bound to 1, then (since I have a Naga) I can use either the "1" key on my keyboard OR the 1 on my Naga. ALSO, I can set spells to one of the other buttons on the mouse in clique. So, I can set Lesser Heal to right click (*shudder, trust me I don't*). I have Clique set to leave my Pitbull frames alone, and to use Clique binds for Grid.

Scenario: Meatshield is my tank. I manually L-click on Meatshield's frame from my party frame. He now shows up as my target. Oops, Meat got hammered, and now I need to cast something. Since he IS my target, I can use either the naga or the keyboard to cast renew on my target, OR I can hover over his frame in grid and right click to cast LH.

I tend to target one tank, focus frame on the other, so that I can toss heals as needed to each one. (OR, what I like even better, is set up main tanks in raid, so that I can grab which ever one needs a oddball spell real quick.) Since I'm the raid leader, I always assign the tanks and have my UI setup to show the main tanks as another group of frames for me.

I cant seem to get grid to show me mana bars, i wanted to show it under my raid players hp but doesnt even show up...thoughts? Also what do you use to track PoM....I cant get the icon to show as in the new 4 icons u can use now with grid

Quote Originally Posted by Allstarhealr View Post
    I cant seem to get grid to show me mana bars, i wanted to show it under my raid players hp but doesnt even show up...thoughts?
    i've had the smae problem on my Pally alt. the problem also messed up my PP but i managed to track it down.
    in my case, it was Gridalert that was causing the problem. simply disabling it worked for me (i didn't used it anyway)

greetings
    MadMonk

I cant seem to get grid to show me mana bars, i wanted to show it under my raid players hp but doesnt even show up...thoughts
    i think there's an add-on to go with Grid called 'grid manabars' that makes the bar show up. then you can pick whether or not to have it appear at the top, side, or bottom.

as far as POM, i'd love if i could get the icon to appear in the center of the grid box when POM is out and it isn't mine, but i can't figure out how to do it. to track MY PoM, i just PoM tracker which is a different add-on entirely. if you want it within grid, you can use grid-side text for it i believe.

Quick question please I unistalled grid from my computer for a while and now when I returned to using it, it has changed somehow I can't figure out. In the past when someone died it would show the text ghost and grey out their block. But now when they die it still shows them as full health until they release. Could anyone shed some light on the subject? Any info would be greatly appreciated:P Happy Healing!!

Hi, do you know version of grid, where i can see marks of tanks (star, circle...) in grid frame? And where i can separate tanks from another player?

To Zyrtek: it is in option, you must configure you wanna see death player as death.

Hello Everyone,

I've been working with grid for about a week and I have a question if anyone knows the answer.

If you have ever used x-perl, it gives you a feature when a player is at full health, their box goes opaque. Once they start to take damage, that's when the box becomes completely in focus or solid. When they're healed to full again, the box goes opaque. (The reason I really like this feature is so the boxes don't stay solid, blocking out part of my view in the raid)

Is there a way to do exactly the same in Grid? I've been trying to work with the deficit health, or health percentage, but I can't seem to get it right. I know the range goes opaque the same way when they go past 40 yards. Is there a way to do the same for full health? Then once they're not full health anymore, the box becomes solid?

And... Is there a way to get your personal bar (player bar) to become opaque?

For some reason none of my corner indicators are working, any ideas on why?
    [Persianmessenger] whispers: This is blasphemy! This is Madness!
    To [Persianmessenger]: Madness? This is TANKSPOT!

Before i saw your Grid Tutorial. I was kinda playing with Grid on my own. Now that i copied your version, It seems that when people die, their box on grid just disappears until they're alive. HALP!

Well, I was wondering where my grid went in interface
    I now know where it is and have set it up the way that Aliena has posted and it is amazing.
    I can finally use my Holy Priest to better use and find it easier to heal.
    Thanks Aliena for making my life a little less frantic each post i read...guess I'll have to change my name the the sureal healer :P

thx for the guide has hlped a lot

um anyone know where i can find a new how to for grid? the link above (boda's?) I am just using those setting tweaked with Aliena's. But i can get mine to her color and opacity.

Or does anyone know if Aliena has posted her UI .lua's anywhere?

My grid options frame looks nothing like that, and I don't have a lot of options that she has...Any help?

EDIT: I followed that and my grid looks completely different =/
    Last edited by Rakdon; 06-21-2011 at 10:51 PM.

Noob Question

Thanks for the tutorial and i'm looking forward to testing the Healing Grid out with the possibility of converting. I've been raiding seriously now for a year and was weened on Healbot but have found it lacking.

My noob question is: When I go to Curse Client and type in "grid", there is a large list of addons associated with Grid. Do I download them all? Or are there core addons that are basic for operation with the option of downloading additional aids?

Also, I have an 85 Pally healer and Druid healer, any specific addons that you would suggest for these healing classes?

+ Reply to Thread