+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Healing Grid Tutorial

Ok thank you very much. I'm going to try to do something like that tomarrow morning.

Always see the names

Hi,
    I just used this to setup my Grid on my resto druid yesterday and I love it. It was really very nice. But I have a question. A lot of times the names in the Grid squares get replaced with numbers (usually +healing). I like seeing the healing, but is there a way to make it so I can always see the names?

Like last night in a 25 man, I was stacking rejuv's on everyone I could and they called out for me to innervate someone and it took me like 7-10 seconds to find them because all I could see in Grid was green numbers.

Thanks

Grid "Health Deficit" option

The green numbers you're seeing relate to the "Health Deficit" option in the Grid addon. Personally I simply disable this feature so I can easily find players by name in Grid. You can still monitor the health of your raid easily via the color fill on their unit frame tile.

I've done a full video tutorial for my guild on Grid use in conjunction with mouseover macros. Check it out if you'd like at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNtLqKi9GW4

Quote Originally Posted by Darmaul View Post
    Hi,
    I just used this to setup my Grid on my resto druid yesterday and I love it. It was really very nice. But I have a question. A lot of times the names in the Grid squares get replaced with numbers (usually +healing). I like seeing the healing, but is there a way to make it so I can always see the names?

Like last night in a 25 man, I was stacking rejuv's on everyone I could and they called out for me to innervate someone and it took me like 7-10 seconds to find them because all I could see in Grid was green numbers.

Thanks

I believe enabling top text, can't remember exactly what the option is called, will allow you two rows of text. I'm not entirely sure about this but I will look into it tonight if I remember. basically I remember there being something that lets you have two levels of text, so you could have the number and name stacked. But as Bod says the numbers aren't too important and just leaving the name may be helpful for you. I can't even remember if mine shows both text or not. I know I have it showing the incoming heals by both number and shaded health.
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

hi, nice tutorial, thanks

quick question:

doesnt center icon cover heal bar when you have horizontal layout? idk, i switched raid debuf to side icon cause it used to make horizontal health bar pretty useless
    is it possible to make center icon transparent so i can see health bar behind it?

There's not a feature in grid that allows you to make the center icon transparent. You can however decrease its size in the "Layout-Advanced" options. You can also limit the number of debuffs displayed which I would highly recommend. No need in seeing debuffs you really can't do anything about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodisapha View Post
    No need in seeing debuffs you really can't do anything about.
    Maybe in some situations, but it's nice to see some of them, like the Mortal Strike debuff from Princess & Stinky, when you're trying to heal a tank and not seeing their health go up almost at all, those icons help to see why those heals aren't being effective.

Hey..... Ive been using Healbot to do all my healing up until now and i love it.... but as im looking at ways to imrpove my healing i thought id give Grid a go as alot of people use it..

Now i know with Healbot you click to cast your spells and away it goes.... so i left click for HoL, Middle for FoL and Right for Holy Shock etc etc etc..... i know you can get Clique to make it so i can still cast those spells as i did before but my only gripe is that i use healbot AND the standard wow frames incase i need to left click someone to select them for whatever reason.... just like i use the standard party frames still as well for when i run HCs..

Now my reluctance to switch over is down to the fact that if i use Clique and then left click the raid/party frame that will then cast HoL..... is there anyway to get around this short of having to bind Ctrl or Alt + left click to target them?

Thanks

xperl + razer naga

I use xperl unit frames as my UI because I like the HoT countdown timer for my resto druid. I also use a Razer Naga mouse with the 12 thumb buttons on the side in addition to the standard 5 on top. I have mouseover macros for most of my healing spells bound to the 12 thumb buttons and with the Naga actionbar mod I can switch pages using shift, control, and alt. So in a typical 5 man or raid, I use the left hand for movement, the right hand fires off heals with mouseover macros, and by hitting the shift key I can switch pages to bring up less frequent spells like debuff poisons or curses. For me, the naga and the mouseovers substantially improved healing.

Bazkrish

AFAIK there is no way to circumvent the key-requirements in Clique. Since it supports all frames it needs to make sure that the basic frame assignments (target + rightclick menu) are left intact.
    SQUEAK.
    -- (The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

@Woogie, as far as I'm aware, there's no way to tell Clique "ignore these frames" to keep targeting at default while still being able to click-cast. This is the only limitation I've encountered with Grid+Clique, but I made it a point to immediately rebind those functions to different mouse keys and have just gotten used to it, for me targeting is Ctrl+Left Mouse, player menu is Ctrl+Right mouse, set focus is Ctrl+Middle mouse, it works for me, I've gotten used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by klaugh View Post
    @Woogie, as far as I'm aware, there's no way to tell Clique "ignore these frames" to keep targeting at default while still being able to click-cast. This is the only limitation I've encountered with Grid+Clique, but I made it a point to immediately rebind those functions to different mouse keys and have just gotten used to it, for me targeting is Ctrl+Left Mouse, player menu is Ctrl+Right mouse, set focus is Ctrl+Middle mouse, it works for me, I've gotten used to it.

Pretty sure this is incorrect.

I can't login from this computer to give more detail, but I know that I set mine up this weekend specifically to clique cast on SUF frames and Grid frames and NOT on target & target of target frames. I know this for 100% sure because I set right click to rejuv and I could no longer pull up the right click menu to put target icons on targets. So I went into clique and set it that the "clique"-ing only applied to specific unit frames from SUF and Grid.

Aliena great guide I had time last night before raid to configure Grid and after getting the basics down I went into AV and did some extra tweaking. Thank you soooo much for taking the time to write this up. Grid is like so simple to use after understading what the features do. It was a good night I finally got Grid configured and I also become Prophyt, the Kingslayer.

I did have one question. When healing with xperl it uses libhealcomm-4.0 to show me esitmated heals being casted by me and from anyone else that casts a heal. In xperl the estimated bar fills up the health deficit with a blue color. In Grid it is a faded class color. Is there a way I could change the color of the estimated heal to something else in Grid? I played around with the opacity but if I set the bar to solid its class colored making implossible to see the heal. If I could change that to blue like in xperl having the bar solid I can easliy tell how much the person will be healed for.

Thank you for all the guides!

Is there a way for Grid to remove the Blizz player and target icons/health bars/etc that show up in the top left corner? I've tried other less robust add-ons that show self or target or focus information but have never seen a way to remove the Blizz icons other then in x-perl but I would rather not run that entire add-on just for this piece. If this control isn't offered in Grid what should i use?

Tks in advance

i got a problem with my mana bar.
    it is black, just like the health bar and the right side turns blue/yellow/... when the amount diminishes.
    is there a way to solve this? i think it has something to do with invert color, but i'm not sure.

Hmm, i ran into a problem with the grid addon yesterday.

I can use all my mouseover macros, and the regular method (click to activate, key to your spell), but when i try to use my mouse like middlemouseclick, it wont do anything, even with the regular methode..

Anyway to solve this?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliena View Post
    If you just use Grid: You mouse over a person's name on the grid, click on them, and then use your keybind to cast whichever spell you want to cast.

If you use Grid and mouseover macros: You mouse over a person's name on the grid and use your keybind to cast whichever spell you want.

If you use Grid and Clique: You mouse over a person's name on the grid and click on it to trigger the spell bound to the mouse key.
    So you cant have a spell binded in your actionbar to like, Mouse4 and the do the mouseover macro and use it in grid?
    You actually have to have clicque addon to use mouse keybinds in grid?

Found out, that there is a Grid addon, that u can use to fix the problem
    Last edited by Breezer; 04-16-2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Solved the issue myself ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Mačl View Post
    I'd also like to see at a glance where my ProM is. Or as a matter of fact who has been blessed by my Grace. But I guess so many dots would make it very hard to see at a glance what's going on.
    I think a couple of things are best handled by Power Auras.
    What about ForeteXorsist for tracking your PoM?

^

how do i get the grid boxes to have more than five across, cause that's what i'm stuck with on my Holy Priest. And I can fit six across and the extra little space is driving me bonkers.

anyone know how I can do that / if it can be done?

+ Reply to Thread