+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Healing Grid Tutorial

Grid lag:

I've been noticing this for the past few weeks where grid is somewhat behind from what you are actually targeting for a second or so. IE: Grid says Tank A is at 85%, but on the actual target frame he is ~50%. It has caused me to pre-hot/heal more in some situations. Is there any way to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielin View Post
    Hmm I adjusted all ur settings (except for text since I didn't have that one) and just wondering 1 thing. How did you get yours to be rectangle meaning stretch out the horizontal mine still looks like squares I can ss if needed

Quote Originally Posted by Aliena View Post

Now, go to "Frame" > "Advanced" and make the following changes.

Icon Border Size: 1
    Icon Size: 9
    Border Size: 1
    Corner Size: 6
    Font: Colibri v1 or any other crisp font you like
    Font size: 9
    Frame Height: 27
    Frame Texture: Graphite
    Frame Width: 50
    Orientation of Frame: Horizontal

*Whips out his staff and beats grid*

see you know what the problem was it didn't like me typing in the numbers it wanted me to use the stupid slidebar :/

thanks for taking the time aliena

I recently tried out grid but have some issues. Is there something else I need to down load to cast my healing spells? cause I can mouse over a persons name on the grid and clilck and nothing hapens?

If you just use Grid: You mouse over a person's name on the grid, click on them, and then use your keybind to cast whichever spell you want to cast.

If you use Grid and mouseover macros: You mouse over a person's name on the grid and use your keybind to cast whichever spell you want.

If you use Grid and Clique: You mouse over a person's name on the grid and click on it to trigger the spell bound to the mouse key.

Is there a way to change it so the bars go horizontal instead of stacking vertical for 5-mans?
    Last edited by Santah; 01-02-2010 at 05:40 PM.
    I'm all about the Professor Plums.

Quote Originally Posted by Leitha View Post
    I've GridIndicatorCornerPlus. This adds a few more points into the corners.
    so you can have more then one symbol in a corner.

I installed the GridIndicatorCornerPlus and I've started making use of the new corners but I still don't get the little spell icons.

How do i have my beacon of light show up as a little beacon of light icon. just like the renew and her other priest spells show up?

EDIT:

Found it finally. This one does it. After the fact its pretty obvious

GridIndicatorCornerIcons
    Last edited by drugar101; 01-02-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Where do you get the Graphite layout design?

My grid doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Herilius View Post
    Well I'm having the same issue. Not finding that selection anywhere in my Grid :-(. Searched the interwebs and seems that it used to be its own addon but now is probably packaged with something else. I have the most recent download of the core Grid so not sure.
    I dearly love audible alerts, I too have found nothing other than this reference. Ideas? Other add-ons that may work with grid that do the same thing?
    The pen is mightier than the sword.
    My Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/penlowe

How do you keep track of prayer of mending using grid?

Im sorry, but I saw someone ask if you can save a profile on grid and bring it up on another toon. Someone replied with "yes" but didn't explain exactly how and I couldn't figure out how to save a current profile on my own. I tried "/grid profile copy" with a profile name in and out of { } brackets....I can't seem to get it to work tho. Any insight on how to do this? Thank you.

Ok first things forst you do NOT have to download the Raid Debuff Add-on. YOu can manually enter these into grid and often times with new bosses and mechanics in before grid patches it is the best option. Second I am surprised that there is this HUGE article on Grid, but not one mention of Clique which turns Grid from a raid status addon to a true healing addon. I always explain to people Grid is the K.I.S.S addon (Keep It Simple & Stupid), The box changes color click, the icon shows up in the center click. Will I know everyone exact HP and mana? Nope. Will it display every buff? Nope. Will it help me keep you alive? Yup.

You can go to the Status tab and enter Prayer of Mending in the Buff area. Then go to and click the button where you want it displayed.

I have not had the greatest luck with Audio alerts but Doom_cooldownpulse is a great Visual Cooldown alert system.
    #

As for stacking Vertically or horizontally there is a box in layout that with toggle this for you.

Please feel free to ask any other questions or as I do for new guildies I would be willing to actually walk people through the setup process through Vent and a Live Video Feed through X-Fire. I will check back daily to see if this perhaps will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Iveyego View Post
    Ok first things forst you do NOT have to download the Raid Debuff Add-on. YOu can manually enter these into grid and often times with new bosses and mechanics in before grid patches it is the best option. Second I am surprised that there is this HUGE article on Grid, but not one mention of Clique which turns Grid from a raid status addon to a true healing addon. I always explain to people Grid is the K.I.S.S addon (Keep It Simple & Stupid), The box changes color click, the icon shows up in the center click. Will I know everyone exact HP and mana? Nope. Will it display every buff? Nope. Will it help me keep you alive? Yup.
    But Grid and Clique are two different addons. Personally, I'm not a fan of Clique at all. All my healing is done with mouseover macros or other keybinds/clicks. There are many ways to use Grid, and not everyone likes to go with something everyone else will want to do, or can. Same reason I don't use Decursive; my dispels are mouseover macros and work perfectly for me. Some people prefer to manually target their targets before healing/dispelling as well, and that just negates any use of Clique or Healbot at all.

That said, to me, mouseovers are my KISS method, but it's not the same for everyone.

Hi all, hi Aliena, thanks so much for your guides and tutorials.

Having been a regular visitor to tankspot and the healing forum in particular i thought it was time i registered
    Anyways on to my point.
    Right now im raiding on my holy priest using vuhdo healing addon,i love it and especially love the way i can map any of the 7 inputs on my mouse to a spell,for a priest this is vital for me.
    I quite like grid and clique combination and would like to try it some more but i find i can only use left/right/middle click along with 2 other buttons on my mouse.
    The problem is i cant seem to be able to bind mouse wheel scroll up/down to a spell.
    Im not crazy about using the number keys for keybinds and thus usually only use the Q and E keys for fade and desperate prayer as im used to these keys.
    Am i missing someything? or am i correct in thinking clique does not work with mouse wheel scroll?

I dont find this an issue on my pala or druid healers as they dont use as many skills as my beloved priest.
    Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by morphlings View Post
    Im sorry, but I saw someone ask if you can save a profile on grid and bring it up on another toon. Someone replied with "yes" but didn't explain exactly how and I couldn't figure out how to save a current profile on my own. I tried "/grid profile copy" with a profile name in and out of { } brackets....I can't seem to get it to work tho. Any insight on how to do this? Thank you.
    Well it starts off with the default profile. There are generally profiles automatically created for <name-server> or <class - server> but for some reason I found them unreliable. Regardless, what I do before I start modifying a profile is create a new one under the profile options. Get the profile I want. Then when on another character, make them a new profile (in case I want theirs to be different), then you can use the 'copy from' option under profile. It will set your currently selected profile options to that of the one you copied.

Outside of certain options I generally don't run grid form the command line.
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

+ Reply to Thread