+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Healing Grid Tutorial

Grid is just like normal raid frames, in terms of how you interact with it with your mouse.

If you like to heal by clicking, make your spells Mouseover macros and they'll work just like they would with xperl/pitbull/wow ui raid frames.

I like Grid because it's not an eye sore to look at, and you can customize it for healing purposes much more than you can just about any other raid frame addon. I'm not extensively experienced with healbot, but I did try it out for a few raids, and xperl ended up attracting me more, and now I'm using Grid.

Really, the best advice I can give is to simply DL/install Grid, and follow this guide to set it up, and then spend some time tweaking it the way you want. Do some BGs, and give it the honest time you would have given Healbot and make the decision for yourself. I can tell you that there is only 1 latency issue I've had and that's the switch of Aggro. The icon takes a second to switch on the Grid, but everything else is spot on. This doesn't effect me though because I'm perfectly aware of when someone else has aggro without it.

Just about any addon is worth giving a real shot.

clique = healbot

If you are not comfortable with macros, you can use Clique in combination with Grid.

Clique adds a tab to your spellbook which allows you to link specific spells to specific mouse-click combinations. For example, if you are used to having Renew as left-click in healbot, just set Renew to left-click in Clique. Then, when you mouseover a player's raidframe (be it Grid or WoW default) and left-click it will cast Renew.

I switched from healbot to Grid/Renew a few months ago, and for my priest it works great. (Though as noted above, there is still a bit of functionality I'd like to add to Grid to make it really ideal for my druid.)

ty for the guide I am a vuhdo healer but I decided to try this grid version out to see if i like it.....i am a little blind so i had to adjust some few things but ty for the awesome guide

Quote Originally Posted by bluewire View Post
    If you are not comfortable with macros, you can use Clique in combination with Grid.

Clique adds a tab to your spellbook which allows you to link specific spells to specific mouse-click combinations. For example, if you are used to having Renew as left-click in healbot, just set Renew to left-click in Clique. Then, when you mouseover a player's raidframe (be it Grid or WoW default) and left-click it will cast Renew.

I switched from healbot to Grid/Renew a few months ago, and for my priest it works great. (Though as noted above, there is still a bit of functionality I'd like to add to Grid to make it really ideal for my druid.)
    ty ty ty!

i'm still learning macros, but I'm thinking its time for the jump to grid, so this will make it so I can make the jump....awesome!

Thank you Aliena!

Awesome guide, I've never been a fan of Grid, but apparently that was because i never knew how to set it up properly

Quick question tho: in Grid->Frame->Advanced->Frame Texture option, I don't have Gradient. Anyone know where I get this texture?

Edit: Answered my own question, its SharedMedia.

If you want extra fonts to choose from you can get SharedMediaAdditionalFonts - Addons - Curse as well.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

GridAlert Not Showing

My Grid frame does not show GridAlert selection so I am assuming it is a an addon for grid. I googled it and saw reference to it here [GRID] Addons and Functionality - Page 2 - Elitist Jerks. I did not see it on wowinterface or curse. I am clearly being noobish and missing something but any help is appreciated.

learning grid

got a couple questions about grid 1 i am a shaman there any changes u would suggest outside of what u do for urself for grid secondly i would also like to know as someone else has asked is it a ouseover click thing like healbot which i am using now main reason i want to switch is healbot moves on me to much and takes up a decent chunk of roo even shrunk but i like the way it works

Frame Texture: Graphite
    What add-on are you using that gives you the Graphite frame texture?

Quote Originally Posted by Magorian View Post
    What add-on are you using that gives you the Graphite frame texture?
    Scroll up a few posts!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimluck343 View Post
    Awesome guide, I've never been a fan of Grid, but apparently that was because i never knew how to set it up properly

Quick question tho: in Grid->Frame->Advanced->Frame Texture option, I don't have Gradient. Anyone know where I get this texture?

Edit: Answered my own question, its SharedMedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilist View Post
    got a couple questions about grid 1 i am a shaman there any changes u would suggest outside of what u do for urself for grid secondly i would also like to know as someone else has asked is it a ouseover click thing like healbot which i am using now main reason i want to switch is healbot moves on me to much and takes up a decent chunk of roo even shrunk but i like the way it works
    Grid is just a replacment for standard raid frames. It doesn't have any mouseover stuff unless you use clique or create mouseover macros.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

Wow awesome guide, thanks a lot.
    I really feel sorry, that I tank most of the time and dip a little bit into the damage section once in a while.
    I would really love to put all this center-icon-border-dots-stuff to use .
    I will set it up as raid frames for me anyway, may be handsome in connection with clique for intervene and stuff.

Guten Tag! Aliena!
    Wie Geths??
    Anyways.
    I cant find the Grid Mana Bars on either Curse.com & Wowinterface.com...
    Where did you get yours?
    /Cirkie Poo!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirkeline View Post
    Guten Tag! Aliena!
    Wie Geths??
    Anyways.
    I cant find the Grid Mana Bars on either Curse.com & Wowinterface.com...
    Where did you get yours?
    /Cirkie Poo!
    GridManaBars - Addons - Curse

Quote Originally Posted by Relaya View Post
    My Grid frame does not show GridAlert selection so I am assuming it is a an addon for grid. I googled it and saw reference to it here [GRID] Addons and Functionality - Page 2 - Elitist Jerks. I did not see it on wowinterface or curse. I am clearly being noobish and missing something but any help is appreciated.

Well I'm having the same issue. Not finding that selection anywhere in my Grid :-(. Searched the interwebs and seems that it used to be its own addon but now is probably packaged with something else. I have the most recent download of the core Grid so not sure.

trying out Vuh'do right now.
    but i had to say great guide.

Doc

Thank you for the guide

I've GridIndicatorCornerPlus. This adds a few more points into the corners.
    so you can have more then one symbol in a corner.

Here u can see i have in the right upper corner shield and prayer of mending. In the middel my renew and the point there on the left is the weakened soul debuff which is even visible if someone has aggro.

I only see my own shield, prayer and renew as a symbol, but i see every weakened soul debuff.

I have a question.
    Is there a way to stop Grid from resetting?
    All the customization I did to Grid...went bye bye.

you need to log out properly and not use the "exit game" option or get disconnected

+ Reply to Thread