+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning from a 6 month break feeling lost

Returning from a 6 month break feeling lost

Hello Fellow Tanks

After taking a 6 month break from WoW I have returned to a whole new world of changes. As such, Im feeling a little lost as to what I should be going for.
    My Armory
    The World of Warcraft Armory

I am looking to get back into raiding, but not sure what kind of guild I should look for.
    Do I have the gear to do ToC (the raid, not the heroic).

Any suggestions are appreciated.

just a quick glimpse of your gear says get started in totc10 asap. you'll do just fine as a second tank. what i would suggest tho, is reviewing the beautiful strat videos on this site so you know just what to expect. nothing worse than having to teach a tank how to do a totc10...

start getting your badges, get a new trinket, gemming seems legit.

as far as a guild. if your server is large enough, pug totc, get some gear, maybe get picked up along the way. if you aren't, start apping and building your dps set.

also, ony 10.

as far as 25s, id wait till you are in more 232, health around 35k unbuffed. regardless of what people tell you, ony 25 is not a joke. there is a lot to her and she can hit hard. watch that video too, even if you remember the fight. same for totc25. they hit like trucks.

So get started in 10s asap, learn the nuances and get your meat shield ass back into tanking.
    Zeppelin, Wow, and Whiskey... Can life get any better? I submit that it Can NOT!

Thank you Lakotami

Quote Originally Posted by Idjjit View Post
    Hello Fellow Tanks

After taking a 6 month break from WoW I have returned to a whole new world of changes. As such, Im feeling a little lost as to what I should be going for.
    My Armory
    The World of Warcraft Armory

I am looking to get back into raiding, but not sure what kind of guild I should look for.
    Do I have the gear to do ToC (the raid, not the heroic).

Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Since you're slightly undergeared for some of the higher content, I'd suggest gemming/enchanting for as much EHP as possible until higher gear levels (I do hit at higher gear levels too, but that becomes more personal preference, apparently).

Keep working on switching to epic gems, I might suggest 240 armor or 18 stam to gloves, and 18 stam to shield, at least for now. You already have 32 expertise, and with ToC gear you'll only get more, so imo it's safe to ungem for it. Keep 1 exp/stam to keep your meta bonus, since you don't have any +9 or +12 sockets, I'd so either put it in your shoulders or gloves (already have) for the +6 bonus. I'd also suggest 30stam/15 resil to shoulders (PvP enchant). I also like Tuskarr's over 22 stam to boots, I think the runspeed is worth it.

Otherwise your gear looks decently solid for getting into 10 mans, you could probably do easy mode ulduar25 just barely. Work on getting emblems of trimuph to try and get that gear and T9 stuff.

For glyphs: I'd say pick up last stand and shield wall, maybe keep a stack of taunt and devastate on you too.

Otherwise things look decent, you're on the right track.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Thanks Again

Aggathon,
    Thank you very much for the constructive criticism. I'll begin working on the items you listed.

Question: You mention 32 expertise, I was under the impression we should be going for 44(14%) to take parries off the table as well. Is that no longer the case?

I became a donor last night of tankspot just for the sole reason that I wanted to download the videos. I've downloaded the ToC 10 man vids and began watching them.

Thank you to all that contribute those videos, very helpful.

Question:
    ToC vs ToGC is that Normal vs Heroic mode to us old folks who dont read patch notes?

+ Reply to Thread