+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Warrior in trouble

I would be inclined to suggest parry-reset swing on Gormok during the pick up. It would explain the randomness....
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Gormok does not parry-haste.

The "randomness" is either due to the large damage range of Impale, or simply because the following melee hit doesn't hit. Or because the OP is not aware of the rising anger stacks and doesn't realize that without a few of them Gormok won't be instagibbing anyone.

Thanks for all the feed back

Death reports are going to be the most useful information here. Without them everything is largely just speculation.

Anyway, I'm inclined to agree with Risky here. There's nothing you can do during the fight that will change your chance at success. Change your gear (more EH), or change your strategy.

FYI, this:
    Our stat is solid so no problems there HOWEVER sometimes I would get ticked for 32k then 24k in 3/4 a sec causing me to die automatic.
    contradicts itself. If your strat is fine you wouldn't be dying randomly.

It boggles me as to why you would stack that many stacks on this boss, even with two tanks. Just have your tanks get three stacks each, when the second tank picks up Gormok you BOP the first tank and he clicks it off. Then the first tank picks it up again, BOP the second tank and you are good to go. We tank this with a three tank rotation, and we never get past the third tank from what I remember. We don't use the BOP method as we have no need to do so.

Also, as far as your stats being solid. I would say 35k health unbuffed for TotGC is a wee bit short of solid. You should be shooting for 40k bare minimum in my opinion to tank the instance with little worry. I am sitting at 44k unbuffed, and I am personally shooting for 45k.

It boggles me as to why you would stack that many stacks on this boss, even with two tanks. Just have your tanks get three stacks each, when the second tank picks up Gormok you BOP the first tank and he clicks it off.
    QFT - why impose such a brutal strategy on your poor healing team when a more conventional rotation would let you guys do the same thing, with the same number of tanks, but less gib. I suspect some sort of sadism at work here.

+ Reply to Thread