+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Warrior in trouble

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21

    Warrior in trouble

    Alright I am having some issues, that just plain make me so mad. I have been a tank for my guild for a while, and I have played 5 years now. Last night we did TOGC 25 man. I was OT and MT was a druid. On Northrend Beasts P1 he would take 8 impales then be bop and I would take 4 then be bop and boss would usally be dead shortly later. Our stat is solid so no problems there HOWEVER sometimes I would get ticked for 32k then 24k in 3/4 a sec causing me to die automatic. I am unsure what I can do to resolve this issue. He are my stats

    UNBUFFED

    Health=35,316
    Defence=567
    Dodge=26.57
    Parry=21.83
    Block=20.42
    Armor=27,985

    WOW armory
    The World of Warcraft Armory

    Beimba
    Be Imba! - the online Character Auditor for World of Warcraft

    Any feedback would be awesome

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    89
    Im thinking your health is a tiny bit low unbuffed to take alot of stacks. Something a guildie pointed out to me before, after the 4th snowbold is out, you have 1 minute to kill the boss before there is a 100% chance of a impale application, tick, melee swing (for a total of about 75-100k damage) in about .4 seconds. You might be getting owned by that combo. My guild prefers a 3 tank rotation with swapping at 3 on certain tanks (for lower gear) or 5 for geared tanks.
    The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason. Talga Vassternich.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by maxiumerror View Post
    Alright I am having some issues, that just plain make me so mad. I have been a tank for my guild for a while, and I have played 5 years now. Last night we did TOGC 25 man. I was OT and MT was a druid. On Northrend Beasts P1 he would take 8 impales then be bop and I would take 4 then be bop and boss would usally be dead shortly later. Our stat is solid so no problems there HOWEVER sometimes I would get ticked for 32k then 24k in 3/4 a sec causing me to die automatic. I am unsure what I can do to resolve this issue. He are my stats

    UNBUFFED

    Health=35,316
    Defence=567
    Dodge=26.57
    Parry=21.83
    Block=20.42
    Armor=27,985

    WOW armory
    The World of Warcraft Armory

    Beimba
    Be Imba! - the online Character Auditor for World of Warcraft

    Any feedback would be awesome
    Wait. Feral takes 8 impales THEN bop? Really?
    Clarify please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    89
    Im assuming its Barkskin, SI, FR and at least 1 ret/holy bubble sac
    The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason. Talga Vassternich.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    225
    Then it seems like they're copying a strat they're not geared for.

    And OP, when are you popping CDs in your easy 4 impale assignment?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Fealthas View Post
    Im thinking your health is a tiny bit low unbuffed to take alot of stacks. Something a guildie pointed out to me before, after the 4th snowbold is out, you have 1 minute to kill the boss before there is a 100% chance of a impale application, tick, melee swing (for a total of about 75-100k damage) in about .4 seconds. You might be getting owned by that combo. My guild prefers a 3 tank rotation with swapping at 3 on certain tanks (for lower gear) or 5 for geared tanks.
    That combo we avoid most of the time as top dps pulls 11k and most avg 6, and to explain we are 3/5 togc 25. So I am able to tank it down yet I still get some unlucky tries where I am 1 shot. My goal here is to minimize those fails. I use a indestructible potion before I taunt my CD'S are rotated proper. So if you say it my health, what would u lose to gain it? (example -dodge for +health)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21
    we 2 tank yogg as well we only use 2 tanks for everything in game

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    89
    Id lose the 2 trinkets honestly. If you want to keep the ony one thats fine but the armor trinket only has 1 fight where it's better than pretty much any other 226+ trinket and that sadly is gormok, but its not that much better than other ones for it. Im pretty sure all our tanks are sitting at 39k or above unbuffed and we still have them get owned randomly.
    The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason. Talga Vassternich.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    89
    Yeah 2 tanks is fine, Ive seen it done before I just know we prefer a 3 tank rotation. Not saying that's right for you guys, just used it as a point of reference <.<
    The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason. Talga Vassternich.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Risky View Post
    Wait. Feral takes 8 impales THEN bop? Really?
    Clarify please.
    I taunt after the 7th impale YES and sometimes he gets 8 yet he is bop and healed and G2G yet me on 4 I die lol its sad really

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    225
    I guess I'm still confused here- you tank Gormok for 40 seconds only, and have 3 cds, a pot, and possibly trinkets. Are you saving cooldowns or something?

    Armor Potion
    Trinket (maybe)
    Taunt
    Impale1
    Enraged Regen
    Impale2
    Last Stand
    Impale3
    Shield Wall
    Impale 4
    BoP


    Is there something I'm missing? Your raid is using a myriad of abilities to keep your feral up for 8. I'd suppose you'd want to do the same for yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Risky View Post
    I guess I'm still confused here- you tank Gormok for 40 seconds only, and have 3 cds, a pot, and possibly trinkets. Are you saving cooldowns or something?

    Armor Potion
    Trinket (maybe)
    Taunt
    Impale1
    Enraged Regen
    Impale2
    Last Stand
    Impale3
    Shield Wall
    Impale 4
    BoP


    Is there something I'm missing? Your raid is using a myriad of abilities to keep your feral up for 8. I'd suppose you'd want to do the same for yourself.
    Thats pretty much my rotation, however its not that or at least I dont believe it is. Recount says I get hit by a 32k hit then a 24k hit with in a 2/3 a second and then i die, This is random and doesn't always happen yet still sucks balls when it does

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21
    Its messed up cause its almost like I am being crit or recieving a crushing blow, yet its random and sometimes the druid gets hit same way and dies

    Yet seems like I receive this ungodly hit far more often than the druid MT

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by maxiumerror View Post
    Thats pretty much my rotation, however its not that or at least I dont believe it is. Recount says I get hit by a 32k hit then a 24k hit with in a 2/3 a second and then i die, This is random and doesn't always happen yet still sucks balls when it does
    Clarify what's hitting you. It's not 2xmelee. It's melee+something.

    If it's melee+impale application, you have that impale on a strict timer so use your cooldowns better or more effectively.

    If it's melee+stomp, also on a timer. Use cooldowns better, or your healers should know when to top you off and bubble/ps/gs with one of these two timers.

    It's impossible that Gormok is hitting you twice with melee attacks. Your other 2 sources of incoming damage are predictable and therefore survivable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    89
    Feral druid will dodge alot of those, thats why it seems to happen to him less
    The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason. Talga Vassternich.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Risky View Post
    Clarify what's hitting you. It's not 2xmelee. It's melee+something.

    If it's melee+impale application, you have that impale on a strict timer so use your cooldowns better or more effectively.

    If it's melee+stomp, also on a timer. Use cooldowns better, or your healers should know when to top you off and bubble/ps/gs with one of these two timers.

    It's impossible that Gormok is hitting you twice with melee attacks. Your other 2 sources of incoming damage are predictable and therefore survivable.
    Its melee + impale its when they hit simultaneously thats killing me, however as I stated above this is random, and does not always occur. When this does occur I die instant, and even with my rotation of CD's I seems not to be able to survive it.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Fealthas View Post
    Feral druid will dodge alot of those, thats why it seems to happen to him less
    Feral druid will only dodge the melee attacks, unable to dodge either of the other two.

    That being said, dodge does little compared to hp/armor, and that's why your bear is taking less damage. Along with the myriad of raid cooldowns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    225
    Anyway, you asked for advice, and I've given a ton. Ultimately, it boils down to these possibilities for change:

    1) Change your gear. Get better items before coming back. Get your hp and armor up higher.

    2) Change your strategy. I find this strategy to be an absurd waste of cooldowns while only benefiting the tanks taunting less. We two tank everything in the game as well, yet my feral and I always finish this phase with 1 stack each, so we both have steady rage production at the cost of minimal healing.

    3) Change your class. Go feral or paladin. Enjoy easier success.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    167
    Stack more stamina/armor. Avoidance trinket is a big No-no.

    Then use your survivability cooldowns wisely to survive. Get an external cooldown from another class that can provide one. Pop an indestructible potion.

    If you're taking 4 impales, it means that you will be under bleed effect for a little more than 3 * 12 = 36 seconds. Use Last stand first, 2 secs before it finishes get an external cooldown, 2 secs before that finishes (let's say it was GS), pop shield wall. That leaves your druid a few seconds to taunt off you. Use Shield Block before the second impale.

    Keep in mind that Gormok may be able to instakill you even under Last Stand after he gets 4 stacks of his selfbuff if your gear isn't that good. And yea you are not properly geared for Gormok yet. It's sort of a gear check.

    If all this doesn't work, go with 3 tanks.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    charlotte, nc
    Posts
    158
    are you taking into acount rising anger buff gormak gets. After 4 stacks he hits 60% harder on melee-if you are unlucky and dont avoid a sting of attacks then you will get hit for like 60k in under 1 second sometimes. We also use the same method, 5 healers-2 tanks-first takes 7/8 stacks + bop but i think i take my OT takes 3 after that rather than 4. But, thats just how some of those encounters are lucky sometimes imo-sometimes you get 1 shotted, sometimes all your healers get snobolds on them, and sometimes there are stupid amounts of firebombs thrown around(even on the tanks). Not sure there is a solution, rotate cd's like pain sup, guardian spirit, etc.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts