+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Quel-Delar: No tank version?

Quel-Delar: No tank version?

I was surprised that there isn't a tanking version of QD. Perhaps because of Quel-Serrar, but I must admit I'm disappointed. I'm also disappointed with the itemization of the str-based dps two-hander... Haste? Bleh.

What do you guys think?

I think my ret paladin is super excited that there's a glorious 2h sword with strength, crit and haste and NO armor pen.

That's what I think.

I must admit that my warrior is sad that there is no point in completing the quest for him, however.

You're right. I shouldn't be so selfish

I'm glad that there are great weapons from this chain for someone... But darn it!! I am selfish!

you can have Quel Derrar, i'll take Shadowmourne.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

^^ Ooh! Zing!

Well... Since I am not a regular raider... And I suck at dps... I won't be getting Shadowmourne. I do however, salute you (and your raid) for being able to dream the impossible dream.

It would appear that 1-hander tanks are not too devastated (I'm not really devastated either, although one would have been nice) about not getting a QD for that purpose.

I don't put it past my guild to farm up a Shadowmourne, we have one of the epic maces from ulduar as is and are just waiting on more shards for another. Shadowmourne unfortunately will never be mine. I'm main spec prot and only parttime raider. I'd never take it over a full timer, and a MS raider =P

I think it will be quite a while before tanks ever get a legendary weapon for themselves, we are kind of a niche role in the game. Even healers usually outnumber us three to one, and they just recently got their legendary. We will have Thunderfury haunting us for quite a while, as if that helps us much now.

I'm glad we didn't get a quel delar.. this may mean we may get a tanking axe yet! WTB the next last laugh upgrade le sigh
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

Falric's Wrist-Chopper - Items - Sigrie

seems to be a small upgrade, available from the new 5man heroic.

seriously... axe please.

pretty steep dps downgrade though, even including the 5 expertise gain, from any of the 197 dps weapons.

Well what about DK tanks and Shadowmourne? They can use it just like the idea of Thunderfury. Quel'delar looks nice though too.
    Keebzz - Blood Tank | Frost DPS
    Something Wicked | US Malfurion

I would not mind a legendary trinket that gave you an effect worthy of a legendary item. As there are fewer stats on a trinket that you would have to worry about scaling, the longevity of the legendary trinket would be based on how the proc scaled. This could potentially make the legendary viable to all tank classes, and also last through more content.

Soulbound
    Unique
    Trinket
    Requires Level 80
    +10% health
    Equip : All attacks made against you have are reduced by 10% in effectiveness. This effect will not work in arenas.

That would be a pretty imba trinket, but you get the idea.
    Last edited by Omok; 11-12-2009 at 04:44 PM.

^^ Wowwww!! I tink my head asplode!!!

Cool idea... and imba is an understatement. Talk about a single trinket trivializing content. :P

10% is not too bad, Ancestral Fortitude does the same thing. Would not be game breaking, in my opinion.

The thing is, Blizzard have said before they don't like the idea that once you get a Legendary that's it, it's your best in-slot forever and I can kind of see their point. You can solo your way to a Thunderfury these days if you're lucky with drops and if it had scaling stats it'd be the "must-do" thing for serious tanks in progression guilds. It's long, boring and grindy and would be seen as essential.

Those who got it the first time around also have no real need to get excited about Last Laugh or Sorthalis or Crusader's Glory dropping - they simply don't need an upgrade ever again.

So I'm torn - I completely see the argument for having some longevity to Legendaries, especially ones that come from the latter instances in an expansion's lifecycle but on the other hand it'd be a bit of a shame if every single serious player had to spend hours and hours in long-redundant raid instances just to have the same BiS loot as everyone else on the server.

I guess you could take it away after a time, much like the way they took away the Drake rewards for Glory of the Raider, which might solve some of the issue but I still think it'd be a shame if you got a certain weapon (or, indeed, trinket) that is just the only one you now need to get ever, y'know.

I was very disappointed to see tanks won't get a Quel'Delar. Even classes who can't use swords could get a replacement for it, but tanks are forced to pick up a DPS sword? Bah, I say.
    風林火山陰雷

ಠ ,ಠ
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - it's time to roll the dice

They did say that there would be a version for anyone who can use a sword so I'm still hoping they'll introduce one before Live.

/crossing my fingers that Shadowmourne has better stats for a DK tank. =)

Quel'delar having haste made me a sad panda, I'll probably be passing that for other opportunities. I may be able to twist fate for Shadowmourne though. Need more details on it!
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post
    They did say that there would be a version for anyone who can use a sword so I'm still hoping they'll introduce one before Live.
    One can hope, but Bornakk clearly said they see no need to add one. I'll still cross my fingers, though, and hope all the forum crying gets something done. =P

+ Reply to Thread