+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms/Fury Gear (mainly gems)

Arms/Fury Gear (mainly gems)

The World of Warcraft Armory

Trying to decide whether to gem for ArP or Str, have been gemming for str in the recent past. was wondering if ArP would be better for me.

I have been raiding as arms for a bit now (for trauma and BF), id like to go back to fury, but not sure, i dont think i would do as much dps in my current gear as fury either.

my fury set i switch some things around to keep about 5.7% hit + 3 from talents and exactly 26 expertiese but then i lose some of my better pieces of gear (ring and bracers).

my main question is wether i should put bold or fractured cardinal rubies in my gear.

EDIT: typically as arms (different helm) i have 7.81% hit and 20 expertiese (only need 18) + 2/2 weapon mastery ~34%ArP +16% from battle stance
    Last edited by Hegs; 11-12-2009 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Armory has me in gear i dont typically raid in.

If you are going Fury strength is king unless you are pretty much at the ArP soft cap (like 1 gem away or so).

The way I look at it: If you go over expertise on strictly gear, but the gear has more strength on it than the gear that you would switch to to get under the cap, stick with the better gear, do not gem expertise (no brainer).
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Thanks for the response.
    Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    If you are going Fury strength is king unless you are pretty much at the ArP soft cap (like 1 gem away or so).
    First off, what is the "ArP soft cap" that you speak of?
    If you go over expertise on strictly gear, but the gear has more strength on it than the gear that you would switch to to get under the cap, stick with the better gear, do not gem expertise (no brainer).
    That's my problem, I seem to go over expertise in my arms set (20 over 18), but to get up to the 26 i need in fury i had to use 2 gems and 2 worse pieces of gear (Circle of Death, ring. And Bracers of the Sentinel Huntress, wrists with a 16 expertise gem in the Blacksmithing slot to get me exactly to 214 expertise)

I guess my problem is telling me that I should stay arms until i get my t9.5 pants (w/10 expertise) or an obsidian edged blade off of ony (11.22 exp on the 232 sword, or 12.56 exp on the 245 sword)

But back to my original topic, should i put bold (20 str) or fractured (20 ArP) in my new ring and bracers that you can see in my armory link.

I would gem either strength or expertise (if I needed it to get to 26/26).

I would gem either strength or expertise (if I needed it to get to 26/26).
    Thanks. But again what is the arp "softcap" you were talking about? i know its 84% for arms.

Sorry it took me a while Hegs, I was trying to dig it up for you.

Taken from a post by Quietsch:
    "Arp Hardcap: 1399
    Arp softcap: depending on your procc trinket, if you have GT it's 787, with Mjolnir Runestone it's 734."

ok thanks a ton! if i was staying arms i would definitely try to obtain that.

i decided to gem full str for now seeing as i want to go fury and with the 20% bonus str and bloodthirst being based directly off ap.

have already selected your 2nd answer as "best", not sure if you get points or something for that (this is my first post here), but wanted to say thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread