+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.3 Emblem of Frost Tank Gear

3.3 Emblem of Frost Tank Gear

Following items will be purchasable with Emblems of Frost in 3.3 (from MMO-Champion)

Cataclysmic Chestguard - Items - Sigrie
    Boots of Kingly Upheaval - Items - Sigrie
    Gauntlets of the Kraken - Items - Sigrie
    Pillars of Might - Items - Sigrie
    Verdigris Chain Belt - Items - Sigrie
    Sentinel's Winter Cloak - Items - Sigrie
    Corroded Skeleton Key - Items - Sigrie

5 plate pieces + cloak + trinket.

Looks like there will be lots of off-set options for those unlucky with t10 or otherwise looking to switch pieces around.
    Last edited by Erja; 11-12-2009 at 10:40 AM.

Anyone noticed that nearly all of it has bonus armor on?

BTW the boots and legs are the craftables.
    Xíanth <Valkyria>

I link the new gear, but im not sure, who 'good' the bonus armor really is...

4e: should we take the badge breast or stick with i258 chest from totgc? are 1300 armor really better than 2% dodge and parry?
    Sorry if my english is'nt so good, it's not my natural language.

Reliable mitigation is IMHO always better than avoid. So yeah, I'd go for the extra armor.
    But beware of that datamined information on MMO Champion. First of all it is frowned upon by Blizz. Secondly it is bound to change. I wouldn't rely on the extra armor going life.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Looking at a lot of the gear posted, including boss loot, it seems like our gear is going more toward stamina, armor, and defense/parry.
    The other thing I noticed is hit rating on a lot of gear. Not sure where dodge or expertise went, but it looks like there will not be much of either on the new gear. My guess is we are going to see a lot more bosses using parry haste.
    This is the first time I have ever seen a stamina trinket from badge gear.
    Last edited by Vanthus; 11-12-2009 at 06:07 AM.

I think this further ties in to Blizzard's design decision to get away from avoidance and focus more on mitigation. This will lead to better boss design, as they will not have to create boss abilities designed to gib tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthus View Post
    Looking at a lot of the gear posted, including boss loot, it seems like our gear is going more toward stamina, armor, and defense/parry.
    The other thing I noticed is hit rating on a lot of gear. Not sure where dodge or expertise went, but it looks like there will not be much of either on the new gear. My guess is we are going to see a lot more bosses using parry haste.
    This is the first time I have ever seen a stamina trinket from badge gear.
    If they're taking our expertise away again like they took our hit away in this tier of content, along with their stated intent to make incoming boss damage smoother and less spikey, you'd be more likely to see LESS bosses parryhasting. Heck, dunno how there could be more - there are very, very few bosses in Wrath that don't parry haste as it is right now, aren't there?

If they gib the expertise they're likely to turn parryhasting off if there's going to be a brutallus style gearcheck fight. Which, as odd as this may sound, i PRAY there is. I'm tired of every guild clearing 3/4 of the new raid on the first night that the servers are stable. WTB some real freaking progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydn View Post
    are 1300 armor really better than 2% dodge and parry?
    I would say almost certainly yes, but until we see the live version of the bosses in Icecrown along with the effects of CotT, it's hard to say for sure. Right now though I'd be all over that bonus armor.

EDIT: But yes, as stated, this is datamined information and is subject to very big change. Ghostcrawler already stated that the Block Value on the chest is an error due to the way they make a copy of older gear and then tweak. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of this change entirely.

The gloves and belt have the exact same stats, I am sure things are going change a lot still.

All the extra armor seems odd too, I wonder if it is just for testing higher armored tanks, maybe we will see some talent buffs! Don't get me wrong I love it but I have a feeling it's not all going to stay.

Looking at the gear I get the fealing they really want to go through with their new tanking&healing direction.
    I think they are as interested in the results as we are. I for one am quite confident. I prefer healing like in Vanilla and up to T5 content. It was much less stressful and less seemingly random tank shaped roflstomped smears on the ground.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

+ Reply to Thread