Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TankingTips.com - Podcast #8: Thatís the game youíre tanking

TankingTips.com - Podcast #8: Thatís the game youíre tanking

Direct Download For This Podcast

Topics:
    • The Best Trinkets
    • Why do I have so little hit?
    • Healers and You!

yay! thx for giving me something to listen to this afternoon during dailies...
    "Stop trying to hit me and hit me!"

~ Morpheus

Up to the public!

This is so very true.

any numbers to back up that armor trinket is better than say, heart of iron in everyday tanking?

I have said this before, THANK GOD I AM A TANK. If I was a DPSer I would never get a single heal ever.

My healers hate me and I thrive off the fact that I know they don't want to heal me but are forced to or we all die

but no seriously, i love you joy! you kept me alive on algalon this week! /clap

Quote Originally Posted by steadymobn View Post
    any numbers to back up that armor trinket is better than say, heart of iron in everyday tanking?
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/5...ve-health.html

You can use the calculations on paper or an addon like TankTotals to find your EH in game, given an unmitigated boss hit value.

Also, not everyone has the same sense of responsibility as you. I personally agree with you on how I feel while healing. But there are plenty of healers that have no second thought about it when they let someone die. Saying all healers care is unfortunately wrong.

*grumbles about not having the defense to support not having a def trinket*

I'm gonna have to reenchant/gem... actually, I could probably reenchant and call it good

It's one of those things I've been meaning to do, and meaning to do, but listening to Vene's sexy voice made me finally decide to /do/

Nice

Tanx a tank that know how the healers feel !
    Tanks do somting wrong or the dps they blame the healers !

I can't count the times in Vanilla/BC when I committed suicide just to heal in Spirit form just to soulstone and do it again just because I needed to bridge the gap between two mana potions.

DPS can bandage.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

But Healers are our biatches!
    One sign of respect and they'll be threatening to let us die unless we bend to their will!
    The Ashbringer...

For what it's worth, he deserved to be bitched at in that HoN game!

I know exactly how you feel about the rush. The intensity is at a completely different level as a healer. When i get off that swiftmend that saves that Rogue's ass, man! Healing is somethign every player should have to do. it will change your wow-life.

touche, ven. touche.
    Zeppelin, Wow, and Whiskey... Can life get any better? I submit that it Can NOT!

I bounce between sleepiness and sick rushes when healing.
    Raid leader: "why in the §#"# did the tank die?"
    Priest: "his health points reached zero...."

WOOT vene i <3 podcasts

Like the discussion of the healer / tank relationship. Something I try to handle (as tank and raid leader) but know that sometimes I fail.

But I think you've missed a big part of the point when it comes to hit. I am a control freak. I don't think that's an uncommon thing for a tank - tanks get more obvious control over the outcome of a given encounter than any other role - so I'm going to hazard a guess that many other tanks are to some extent control freaks too. As a control freak, when I press my buttons, I want things to do what I tell them. I don't want to hit concussion blow or shield slam (not just taunt) and find that it didn't do what I intended it to do. I certainly don't like to see "miss", just as I don't like seeing "parry" or "dodge". So to me, if I'm putting on a hit/expertise piece or socketing a gem, it's not because I'm looking for higher dps/tps numbers, it's because I think I can afford to sacrifice a little bit of damage mitigation/avoidance for additional control.

Of course, I totally agree with your recommendation for tweaked sets and taunt glyphs. There are plenty of times when I won't get the luxury of that control because I need all the survivability I can get. That won't stop me putting in the odd 'vivid' (+hit/stam green) gem into yellow sockets with good bonuses. I have a 'mad threat set' that includes victor's call and even a dps ring (Bladebearer's signet) for fights where survivability is no issue but threat is paramount (great for add tanking at Jaraxxus)

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post

Topics:

• Why do I have so little hit?
    • Healers and You!
    Unless i missed something you said you need 236hit + the glyph of taunt to not miss. If this is true i was horribly miss informed because I have never heard this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Joacimcans View Post
    Unless i missed something you said you need 236hit + the glyph of taunt to not miss. If this is true i was horribly miss informed because I have never heard this before.
    TS Thread discussing it from quite a while ago: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/5...iscussion.html

For the part : Tank & Healer synergy, I totaly agree!

Having played Paladin Heal for more then 3years at Vanilla+BC. And now playing Tank since LK, I know what it is on both sides of the line.

Just remember this : If your healer isnt bad, then he is doing all he can to be at the best! Unless your healer is a retard, never blame him!

Since one of our guild's best healers is also my wife I tend to hear about the vicissitudes of raid healing a lot, but sometimes it IS the healers fault. That said, it's rarely because of anything that can be corrected by yelling at them for "letting someone die". Usually it's (for example) if we shift healing roles (e.g. the pally can't make it tonight) and then the two druids don't shift into tank-healing enough right away.

Same sort of errors as crop up if your tanks switch roles on an encounter and forget to transition cleanly, and are generally tactical failures that are easily fixed with a tad more planning.

+ Reply to Thread