+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Greater Inscription of the Gladiator

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4

    Greater Inscription of the Gladiator

    I am seriously considering the Greater Inscription of the Gladiator instead of my current [Greater Inscription of the Pinnacle] as I simply dont need the defence. If I replace my back enchant with +def. has anyone else done this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,783
    It's one of the options for anyone who is looking to stack more stam. Not everybody does it, but many do.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    219
    I started using it once I got my T9 shoulders, I was in the same boat def wise, and the 30 sta I thought would be more beneficial for H. ToC.

    If you have the honor points, I say go for it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    621
    I use those and everyone can if you don't need the defense. You don't really need to pvp for it tho. If you turn in 150 Stone Keeper Shards you get 10k honor to buy the shoulder enchant.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    214
    what most people also fail to realize is that 15 resil is roughly equivalent to 22 defense rating in terms of crit immunity...

    If you like the stam more than the dodge take the enchant regardless of your defense status.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by geros View Post
    what most people also fail to realize is that 15 resil is roughly equivalent to 22 defense rating in terms of crit immunity...

    If you like the stam more than the dodge take the enchant regardless of your defense status.
    What most people fail to realise is that defense gives more than just crit immunity :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the cloud.
    Posts
    2,279
    I really don't think anyone has failed to realize that fact yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    I really don't think anyone has failed to realize that fact yet.
    I've actually met several people that did think that anything over 540 Defense was a complete waste, so yeah, I thought I'ld give it a mention anyway :P

    That said, if you need the resilience for the crit immunity, you're usually at a point where defense is still relatively useful. If you're at a point where stamina trumps defense by a lot, you shouldn't be getting any effect from the resilience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    272
    Maybe i'm just a Dodge-[expletive], but I have a hard time giving up the .41% dodge. Is giving up that much dodge worth the 30 stamina?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,484
    Quote Originally Posted by JokerFMJ View Post
    Maybe i'm just a Dodge-[expletive], but I have a hard time giving up the .41% dodge. Is giving up that much dodge worth the 30 stamina?
    I'm here to say yes, if for no other reason than at this point everyone expects me to.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    I'm here to say yes, if for no other reason than at this point everyone expects me to.
    And I'm here to disagree with you, for exactly the same reasons :P

    Honestly, this is a lot like the defense vs sta shield enchants discussion. Pure Stat point wise, you'll want to go for the avoidance, but realisticly, I think they're so close to eachother it depends more on your healers and your main gear stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,762
    Does resil still give crit immunity?
    Blizz once came forward that they wanted to keep it strictly to PvP.
    Have they followed up on their plans?

    Also remember that defense is a very good stat if you are going for unhittable.
    If you are wearing a shield, that is.
    I really, really like def.

    SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Mačl View Post
    Does resil still give crit immunity?
    Blizz once came forward that they wanted to keep it strictly to PvP.
    Have they followed up on their plans?

    Also remember that defense is a very good stat if you are going for unhittable.
    If you are wearing a shield, that is.
    I really, really like def.
    Quote Originally Posted by geros View Post
    what most people also fail to realize is that 15 resil is roughly equivalent to 22 defense rating in terms of crit immunity...

    If you like the stam more than the dodge take the enchant regardless of your defense status.
    yes, the resilience gives more crit reduction than the def dodge enchant
    Last edited by Darksend; 11-12-2009 at 12:38 PM.



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    214
    I wasn't debating that defense is a fine avoidance stat. It's a great one. There were a few replies in the thread saying "if you don't need the defense" which to me indicated they were talking about defenses crit immunity properties.

    Just wanted to point out that resil provides more crit immunity per rating point than defense.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,897
    Quote Originally Posted by geros View Post
    I wasn't debating that defense is a fine avoidance stat. It's a great one. There were a few replies in the thread saying "if you don't need the defense" which to me indicated they were talking about defenses crit immunity properties.

    Just wanted to point out that resil provides more crit immunity per rating point than defense.
    If you are refering to me quoting you I simply did it to reiterate what you said as a reply to the post above mine.

    Ill fix my post reguardless to remove any confusion



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,409
    blizz said most of the effects of resilience are pvp only, namely the reduced damage component, however, crit immunity still works for pve.

    READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Mačl View Post
    Does resil still give crit immunity?
    Blizz once came forward that they wanted to keep it strictly to PvP.
    Have they followed up on their plans?

    Also remember that defense is a very good stat if you are going for unhittable.
    If you are wearing a shield, that is.
    I really, really like def.
    They followed up atleast partially by making resilience reduce all player dmg rather than crits, mana burns and DoTs.

    Especially that last part maked it somwhat useful, as Impale DoT & Piercing Cold are 2 abilities in ToC that could've been reduced by the 'old' resilience and are potentially dangerous for tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    27
    Resilience still works for crit immunity in PVE? i thought they changed it so it doesnt effect PVE anymore, mainly because of the hardmode thorim cheese where you can stack resilience?
    Talho #3 top arms warrior dps on 25 HM Twin Valkyrs in US and #5 *Worldwide*
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/c...ps/war/8/6/3/3

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    16,409
    resil still works for pve for crit immunity yes.

    READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

  20. #20
    This is also a great enchant if you're too lazy or completely sick of farming hodir rep on yet ANOTHER alt. Until 3.3.
    "Ultimately, making the blanket statement '25m content is harder, period' is at best an overstatement and at worst ignorant drivel." Garrek

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts