+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me gearing

Help me gearing

I was wondering if anyone has any gearing or specing advice. My single target dps seems to be low compared to others of similar gear scores. I know i need to get my expertise up but is it worth gemming for?
    thanks
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Step 1: Get to 26 expertise, gem enchant whatever.
    Step 2: Get new trinket, both the trinkets you have dont stack.
    Step 3: Put berserking on both weapons its not that expensive.
    Step 4: Max out Bloodsurge (might be a minimal improvement)
    Step 5: Replace glyph of rending with Glyph of Heroic Strike

Read and watch the fury DPS video guide.

** Sorry a bit short on time for full reply

The short answer for expertise is, yes, you want to get to the anti-dodge cap at 26, and not a hair past. What you can probably do is replace your rare-quality gems with epic +expertise gems as a stopgap until you can get the necessary ratings out of your gear, and the gloves and/or bracers expertise enchants as well for the same reason, if necessary. As a rough calculation, you're going to need between 110 and 120 more rating.

Meanwhile, there are a few other things you can do, such as finishing up your Hodir rep, enchanting your chest, and if you've got the cash to hand, going 'zerking on your weapons.

As to spec and glyphs, I'd personally pull a point from somewhere (probably Anger Management) and finish off Bloodsurge instead, and drop the glyph of rend for the glyph of HS.

For more detailed information, you'd be well served to check the Fury guide that TheGreatMe did here: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f177/...ior-guide.html

Alright.... First off, upgrade those gems. Don't use blue gems, they aren't worth it. Get them upgraded.

Get the Banner of Victory item from ToC 5 man, it will serve you better than Coren's Chromium Coaster which does NOT stack with the mirror of truth (already mentioned).

Glyph of thunderclap? Nope. You shouldn't be using thunderclap, it does minimal damage and is high aggro, replace it with Enduring Victory (or something of a little more utility).

I agree with the other glyph (rending) being replaced with Heroic Strike.

I'd pull the point out of anger managment as well and fill out unbridled wrath. I'd also get rid of the 2 points in rend and put them into the deflection... I never use rend, and would want all of my points to do something at least, but I would only put in enough points to get to the next tier of the tree, so only 2 into deflection.

I'm not entirely sold on the boot enchant either... isn't there an attack power one?
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    I'd pull the point out of anger managment as well and fill out unbridled wrath.
    Anger management is 60/3 = 20 rage/minute.
    UW 5/5 is 15 PPM, so 30 rage/minute. UW 4/5 is 12 PPM, so 24 rage/minute + 20 rage from anger management. (For UW assuming every white, off- and mainhand, hits.)

+ Reply to Thread