+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LOSING dps with upgrades?

LOSING dps with upgrades?

My deathknight, bigbanana, used to be able to pull nice numbers for his gear. When I was in tier 7.5 with some tier 8.5 (namely helm and chest), I was able to do 5.5k on Koralon, and I was doing 6k on XT regular mode. I was usually at 5.5k dps when I was on the dummies.
    Now, with all my new upgrades, I've found that I'm actually losing dps. My dps on Koralon actually dropped. It was about 4.5k or so throughout the fight. That wouldn't have worried me, but I noticed my dps in ToC 25 has been the same amount too. My rotation has always been:
    DS > IT > PS > HSx2 > DC > HSx2 > DS > HSx2 > DC.
    I usually pop my Hysteria and DRW after my first two heart strikes. My dps now on a dummy is only about 4.5k when I pop cooldowns. I'm just concerned about the huge drop in my dps, am I doing anything wrong? Here's my armory:

The World of Warcraft Armory

And in short:
    2062-2401 Damage
    (Attack Speed 3.23)
    (Damage Per Second 690.6)
    4835 Power
    267 Hit Rating
    28.72% Crit
    23 Expertise

I've also read up on elitistjerks, and it tells me to gem ARP once I hit 6.3k or so AP raid buffed. That usually happens when I'm in 25 man, so should I start gemming for ArP? Wouldn't it make my dps decrease in 10 mans, since my AP won't be 6.3k+ in a 10 man?

You gear seems quite solid.

Not much I know about DK's but with your old gear did you have best enchants?

Try grabbing the +10 stats on chest, and +32 AP on boots. May not help to much, but it will defiantly boost your DPS maybe a 100 or two.

Ouch, I didn't see that my boots enchant wasn't the best, my bad. My old gear had the same enchants, except 32 ap on boots

Still need some advice, anyone think they could help a lost dk out?

Anyone else can help, besides fusik?

Well, I'm a blood DK, so I'll try to take a shot at diagnosing the problem. First thing I notice is that you seem to be using DS more than necessary. Once I get into the second part of the rotation, I'll have 2 blood runes free and 2 death runes from the first DS to allow for HSx4. In general, my priority is to keep up diseases, use UF runes to DS, then use death/blood runes to HS. Dump RP with DC as necessary.

Second, what was your arpen on your old gear compared to arpen on your new gear? I have lower ilevel gear than you but almost twice your arpen. I'm doing numbers similar to yours back when you had the lower gear as well (5-6k dps in a raid). I would try to look at gear with more arpen, such as the T9 legs.

In addition, the rotation I talked about above is somewhat outdated. I still use it because my gear isn't that great. But once you've got high ilevel gear (and 4-piece t9), it's worthwhile looking into the Glyph of Disease rolling disease rotation. The EJ blood dps thread has some info on that.

Rolling disease = putting up diseases after you get all buffs? So its basically like drw, where you wait til you have buffs before putting it up? What would a rolling disease rotation normally look like?

bump anyone else got any ideas?

still need some help.

+ Reply to Thread