+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear check, suggested improvements

Gear check, suggested improvements

Hi, Just wanted to ask everyone's opinion of my current spec/gear etc and if u can suggest any improvements. I have no trouble for keeping aggro etc, just think that maybe im overcapped on expertise and should be stacking more gems for parry

Below is my armoury link

The World of Warcraft Armory

just for the record im not a warrior im a pally you probly could do with changing all those +20 crit gems to stam hell even the +20 defense gems to stam and even that str gem no real reason to have a +10 to all stats gem just keep whatever gems u need for your meta gem activation and the rest should prob be stam you have almost as much gem as my pally and hes ToC 10-25 geared so. Thats the only thing i can really see coming from a pally POV

This is the wrong place for this post, you'll want to delete this and repost here:
    HALP! I need advice - TankSpot
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Moved.

Please read rules before posting.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I think regemming your crit with Stamina will suit you much better. Crit really is not needed.... and the socket bonuses are not good enough to justify the stamina loss.

As a side note, Mongoose is an alright enchant, but have you looked into either blood draining or bladeward as alternatives?
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Yes, was also thinking to re-gem for stamina gems. Looked in to different chants, from what i have seen of bladewarding ive read that it doesnt proc enough to be that beneficial/create more tps. not looked in to the blood draining chant tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxits View Post
    Yes, was also thinking to re-gem for stamina gems. Looked in to different chants, from what i have seen of bladewarding ive read that it doesnt proc enough to be that beneficial/create more tps. not looked in to the blood draining chant tho.
    There's math somewhere out there that says bladewarding is better avoidance, but it's pretty bad for threat, mongoose is probably better for threat. I <3 Blood Draining though.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

MellvarTank, thanks for the post but don't you think crit is needed to stop bosses from parrying/dodging and thus them gaining haste etc. I think my parry is quite low and two people have said to me when healing that i take a lot of damage, i think it is down to this. What do you think? should i stack more stam and strength?

MellvarTank, thanks for the post but don't you think crit is needed to stop bosses from parrying/dodging and thus them gaining haste etc. I think my parry is quite low and two people have said to me when healing that i take a lot of damage, i think it is down to this. What do you think? should i stack more stam and strength?
    Wow... I... Really?

No, Crit has NOTHING to do with bossings parrying/dodging, that's expertise, completely wrong stat. It probably looks like you're taking a ton of damage because your hps are so low, a normal hit to anyone else is probably dropping you to like 30% health.

I...

Stam...

Brain..

Hurts...

Seriously...?
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

You probably take a lot of damage because you're gemming crit in a tanking set. Crit doesn't stop bosses dodging & parrying, expertise does.
    Xíanth <Valkyria>

Yeah, crit is a dps stat. You want expertise, hit, defense rating, dodge, parry, block, stam, strength. Those are about the only stats you should even think about for gemming, enchanting, and gearing. (There are a few others... but let's not discuss the finer points, with these stats, you really can't go wrong.)
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread