+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick Tanking Weapon Question.

Quick Tanking Weapon Question.

Let me preface this with some information about my character. Currently i'm sitting at:

37.1K Health (35.2K with Furnace Stone trinket instead of Brewfest Trinket).
    3679 Attack Power
    14.48% Crit Chance
    27.96 Dodge
    19.90 Parry (Dodge and Parry are with HoW up)

Currently i'm using Ironsoul but last night I won the Stormrune Edge. Comparing the two, in raw stats I lose 105 Strength and 6 stamina, 60 Attack Power and 14 armor pen, but I gain 121 Agility (which is .96% dodge) and 17 Crit points (2.31% Crit Chance).

Lose:
    105 Strength
    6 Stamina (~66 hp)
    60 AP
    14 ArPen

Gain:
    121 Agility (.96% dodge)
    17 Crit Points (2.31% Crit Chance overall)

I'm having a hard time deciding over the avoidance on Stormrune Edge and the health/AP of Ironsoul... Advice would be great.

Thanks!

Hm, apparently it's not as easy of a question as I thought it would be if no one has responded. lol

I don't know much about DK's, but don't they get parry from strenth? If so, how much parry would that 105 strength be? And then compare it to the dodge from 121 agility.
    The box said: "Requires Windows 98 or better.", so I installed Linux.

26(.25) parry rating, but the parry gain depends on diminishing returns (which can be pretty steep on DKs)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

I gain way more dodge than I lose in parry... I used it today (VoA25 and ToC10) and it seems to be working out well... I have a new question i'll be posting in another thread since it's unrelated to these weapons... Ugh, i'm so hesitant with upgrades now a days!

Thanks, guys.

You are forgetting that Stormrune Edge has +20.2 dps, that alone is enough for you to upgrade.

+ Reply to Thread