+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior Fury: My DPS is too low why? (nice gear and weapons)

Warrior Fury: My DPS is too low why? (nice gear and weapons)

Hi, Im new here and i stared reading this guide, i think is great and help me so much, but i still have a few problems whit my fury warrior, wich has very nice weapons but my DPS is very low, i see warrior whit 226 and 213 gear making more DPS than me, and i need to change that, so please, i ask to all veteran fury warriors to help me.

The first thing, is my rotation in rading:

1.- I use my trinket for +1000 AP
    2.- Then, i use Death Wish.
    3.- Reckless
    4.- So whit all that i star attacking whit WW
    5.- BT
    6.- HS (rage +60)
    and i make the normal rotation for furys, Slamp when procs and the other ones are in CD.

But, my DPS is about 5k (in raid), which is very low for my guild and for the weapons i have, as i said, low gear warrior furys are making more DPS whit 232 weapons. In the dolls of Silvermoon i get 3.3K! why?

Im also worry for the ArP, i just have 25%, Do i need to put ArP gems? a lot of my gear has more haste than ArP, i guess thats not a good thing...

Please, help me, i wanna be in the TOC 25 H but i need more DPS, tell me what things i need to change, and what im doing wrong.

Thanks.

My wow armory link: The World of Warcraft Armory

You can probably use HS with 30 rage or more with your gear, just get a feel for your rage generation and learn for yourself when you should heroic strike. 60 is just a normal "safe zone" people use as a general rule, but with better gear you can use HS more often. seccond

you are way over expertise cap, its 26, you are at 34.
    And you are WAY over hit cap, its 5%.

get rid of your trinket(s) get a greatness card, and mjolnir runestone or some other cirt/ap trinket. then get your tier 9 leggings and some other piece of tier, the warrior 4 set is very good.

Thanks bro, i just bought the greatness card.

Do you know if there is a video showing the exactly rotation for Fury?

And all my guild is saying that arms is more effective and powerfull than Fury, is true? ┐Fury or Arms?

Quote Originally Posted by Durthang View Post
    Thanks bro, i just bought the greatness card.

Do you know if there is a video showing the exactly rotation for Fury?

And all my guild is saying that arms is more effective and powerfull than Fury, is true? ┐Fury or Arms?
    Theres no magic to the fury rotation.
    BT
    WW
    Slam if it procs
    HS spam when your at a rage level thats right for you.

Its all about managing your rage. every rage point not used is a loss of dps, but not being able to use attacks is just as bad.

Arms has more single target dps right now because they can get to the ArP cap by sacrificing expertise, but honestly.. how many fights in ToC are single target?

Hi,

I'm new to this board and have been playing WoW for about 6 months and I'm also having problem with the DPS on my Fury Build. Im doing between 2,5K-4,6K (that's AoE i guess) depending on the situation. But maybe that's normal? I think I have done most things right and I've tried to read and learn about it but I can't get my DPS to increase...

My build:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Should I change my trinkets to Greatness Card, is that much better than those I have, any recommended trinkets?

Any tips? Should I try and get my hit-rating up?

Last edited by Smittys; 11-19-2009 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durthang View Post
    And all my guild is saying that arms is more effective and powerful than Fury, is true? ┐Fury or Arms?
    At your gear level both arms and fury are competitive, the only difference is AoE vs single target. Arms will shine out a bit at single target damage and fury at multiple targets.

Here is your fury warrior guide with videos : http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f177/...ior-guide.html

Dont worry about ArP much as fury just let it come with gear, gem for str and only str if you are hit and expertise capped. As squats said at your gear level you can easily HS as soon as you have >30 rage. For fury DPS rage management and cool-down management is a big deal. ALso use reclessness first and macro deathwish and trinket togther so you can hit them with the same key. Rember Both Recklessness and Death-wish cost a gcd thats why you want to use recklessness first to make the most out of DW and trinket.

Last edited by gabbu; 11-19-2009 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smittys View Post
    Should I change my trinkets to Greatness Card, is that much better than those I have, any recommended trinkets?

Any tips? Should I try and get my hit-rating up?

No need to get hit above what you have, all you really need is 5% with talents.

Yes go for greatness card thats way better than any trinkets you have. If you raid ulduar hard modes than Mjolnir + Dark Matter combo is awesome.

Berserking on both weps will help and 22 agility on cloak is better than 23 haste.

My 2 cent !!

Thanks for you reply.

But which trinket should I should I get rid of first, Mirror of truth or Banner of Victory? (If I get the Greatness Card)

And what about "Mark of Supremacy" is that any good for me?

You should also try to get the enrage in the fury tree... When I DPS as Fury I use Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft this spec.

Hmm.... Enrage is a talent that nets you a dps increase when you are taking damage... but you are dpsing in a raid where you shouldn't be taking damage.... seems like a wasted point in the tree to me.

There really is no secret to Fury: WW/BT/Slam (when proc'd). Everything else is rage permitting. Gem for Strength if you are at Expertise cap. Enchants should be all attack power (Agi on cloak). Haste rating is useless, as you are using 2 slow 2H weapons but hitting much harder.

Manage your rage right, hit those slam! procs. If you want to check on whether or not you are hitting them, I recommend you get some combat logs up on the web and check. Unless you are using audible alerts for them, I can pretty much guarantee you are hitting less than 50% of the procs.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    Hmm.... Enrage is a talent that nets you a dps increase when you are taking damage... but you are dpsing in a raid where you shouldn't be taking damage.... seems like a wasted point in the tree to me.
    You need to remember that is unavoidable damage in alot of raid fights that can trigger enrage.
    Ulduar
    Ignis - Flame Jets
    Deconstructor - Gravity Bomb, Light Bomb, Tantrum
    Kologarn - Left Arm does Shockwave
    Hodir - Biting Cold(Avoidable but still happenes)
    Thorim - Not alot in normal, Sif does alot in hardmode
    Mimiron - Phase 2(Hand Pulse, and Heat Wave), Pulse in Phase 3
    Yogg-Saron - Psychosis, Malady, Brain Link, Tentacles in brain room damage, 0-3 keeper Deafening Roar

Trial of the Crusader
    Beasts - Staggering Stomp(Gormok), Acid Spit(Acidmaw stationary), Sweep(acidmaw and dreadscale), Massive Crash(Icehowl)
    Jaraxxus - Legion Flame, Mistresses, Infernals
    Faction Champions - too much to say
    Twin Valkyr - Constant pulsing dot on the entire raid
    Anub'arak - Phase 3 Leeching Swarm

Everything listed above can trigger the Enrage talent in the fury tree. So consider that before you completely write off the talent.

It is still not worth the points. It was mentioned in the WOTLK Fury Warrior guide that Thegreatme did. Basically, your points are spent more effectively elsewhere to net you a bigger dps increase (ie. improved cleave).
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Imo regem all strength. Forget about the armor pen gems.

+ Reply to Thread